Oscar

themightyblue

Oscar is our best player this season so far. I remember months ago I said Oscar would be our most important player soon, people said I was I retard because no one could be better than Mata or Hazard. As usual, I was right.

Oscar > Mata this season, even though both are quality. Mata was ok but ineffective today. When Oscar came on, the game was completely different, he showed vision, impetus and most importantly energy. Mata is an elegant player but Oscar is just that more pacy, sharp and energetic which makes him Mou's new favourite. He actually reminds me of a young Lampard.

His goal was lucky but who cares. His pass for Eto'o was nice, too.

I fear, Oscar's rise will cut Mata's Chelsea career short.

I feel an exaggeration in the bold part. There's more than enough space for both in the team and Oscar isn't fit for some kind of matches (like today's imo) while Mata is.

I felt like he contributed more with the quick pass for Hazard to assist Eto'o in the second goal, than he did with his goal. Don't take me wrong, that third goal was very important because I felt we were starting to flirt with conceding again and once Oscar scored the third it seemed the team relaxed and we were able to play our game (although Cardiff also felt the blow and lost their building/growing momentum).

But Oscar didn't do much other those two (very important) plays. When the lineup came up I complained about it because I felt if there was someone that needed to be sacrificed between all three Brazilian that traveled to Korea and China, that was Oscar. Luiz was very tired (as visibly shown) and Ramires too (actually I feel like Mourinho needs to give Ramires a rest, he was already slightly tired - and slower - against Norwich; add a long trip and minutes played - where he ran like a crazy because he knows his position in the WC squad isn't 100% safe yet - and he's in desperate need to be rested, but how can we rest him when we have an important UCL away match coming and then City? The perfect match - and needed - match for him to rest was today's).

Oscar would have given Mata and Hazard some familiarity I felt we missed in the first half. Willian wasn't bad and I'm happy he played 90 minutes today, but I felt like we would need Oscar in this match and my twitter feed is a testament to that before (and during) the match. I would have started Oscar and brought Willian either on HT or at 60'.

Anyway, I feel like Oscar changed the scoreline for us today, even if I don't feel he's changed much the game itself. Can't deny his energy and the space he creates for us dragging defenders out of their place though. It works particularly well when we have two strikers like we had today shortly. Maybe Mourinho should explore it better in the training sessions and ask Oscar to do it more often by approaching Hazard - who's always double-marked - to link up and drag defenders with him. Sometimes I feel we don't properly explore this about Oscar's positioning and movement in the pitch. It could help create space for us in matches like today.

We could viably have the complete attacking midfielder on our hands, no exaggeration.

To think, QPR and Spurs nearly got him :readthemessage:

That's what Tim Vickery wrote about him last year on his BBC blog.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/timvickery/2012/09/oscar_-_a_midfielder_in_the_fu.html

To think, QPR and Spurs nearly got him :readthemessage:

They made offers, nothing more than that...

Many offers came to him throughout his career, (especially a big one from Anzhi and another from CSKA), but that doesnt mean he was close to signing with them!

Oscar would never sign for secondary teams. :wank2:

They made offers, nothing more than that...

Many offers came to him throughout his career, (especially a big one from Anzhi and another from CSKA), but that doesnt mean he was close to signing with them!

Oscar would never sign for secondary teams. :wank2:

Wasn't actually Spurs were close to signing him before we came in and snatched him away at the last minute?

Wasn't actually Spurs were close to signing him before we came in and snatched him away at the last minute?

Nah, I don't think they even made a concrete offer but AVB had been interested in him for ages and IIRC it was rumoured that he was planning to make a move after the Olympics but we beat him to it.

trying to imagine how good Oscar will be when is in his prime ,,,perhaps in 5 or 6 years time ,,,what a prospect

Chelsea legend in the making! I tell you mate, we are so lucky to have Oscar, he is already showing signs he will be an immense player, he is a joy to behold. Just wait for the next season when he'll probably be a World Cup winner. A 23-year-old World champion under Mourinho's belt - can't get better than this. Rising talent for now, football superstar in the next years, future Chelsea legend!

If there is one bad thing about Oscar is that he is ending Mata's career at Cfc :(

Mata is world class playmaker but not suitable perfectly for Mou while Oscar is very exciting prospect. Once Mata leaves because of Oscar, he will be fucking beast again in new club and Im sad to write that...

It depends on how you define 'close'...

International is a club who is known for selling their young talent. They actually need that to survive. It is how they do business (a lbit like Porto and Benfica). There isnt something as a not-transferable player to them!

So, that is what they told Tottenham when they came looking for both Damião and Oscar. 'If you meet our price, he is yours'. But that was all there was, an enquire about those two players. However, we all know Levy is not the easy pocket and fast negotiations kind of guy, so they told Inter they would return after the Olympics to try to close a deal.

In the mean time, Chelsea got interested in the Brazilian and asked the club to name their price. One week later, Oscar was already securring his transfer to London for 25 million euros!!!

Oscar never even heard of an actual deal with Spurs because they didnt even agree a transfer fee with his club in the first place.

Anyways, I bet the English media made it seem like AVB had already booked his flight and whatnot...

Oscar to me, is currently the best Chelsea´s player.There is no doubt about it.

Whether, he is responsible or will be for Mata to leave that to me is a summarization of speculation only.

Both of these players can play for Chelsea, easily.

Oscar will not be able to carry the team for 60 odd games, in my view.

If there is one bad thing about Oscar is that he is ending Mata's career at Cfc :(

Mata is world class playmaker but not suitable perfectly for Mou while Oscar is very exciting prospect. Once Mata leaves because of Oscar, he will be fucking beast again in new club and Im sad to write that...

No big club would make Mata their centerpiece.......

However, swansea city would be a good fit with the spanish contigent and Landrup there.