Oscar

themightyblue

I'd say Messi was...

Cristiano probably was ....

Gonna have to disagree about Messi. He was, until recently, pretty much a non-factor for the national team. This is not really disputable, since you gonna find very few assists and goals by him when playing for Argentina early on. Ppl were questioning his starting spot at some point... yup! Only recently, already as a matured play, he's been able to reproduce his brilliance at the international level.

Ronaldo prob was already as influential at 22, but a completely different player too. A player who also relies on his physical power and pace, as opposed to Oscar who's pure technique.

BTW, these friendlies have no importance really. They are less boring because we are so close to the WC and players are more motivated, but still, far from the real thing.

The reactions on here for a deflected goal imo are hilarious.

I think the reaction is more because of how consistent Oscar has been in front of goal so far this season thats 5 goals in 7 games for him now, that is reason to get excited! also when you factor in his performances which have been top class! its easy to see why people are happy for him!

I think the reaction is more because of how consistent Oscar has been in front of goal so far this season thats 5 goals in 7 games for him now, that is reason to get excited! also when you factor in his performances which have been top class! its easy to see why people are happy for him!

Exactly, Oscar has been scoring left, right and centre, and playing* extremely well also. Let the lad be.

The reactions on here for a deflected goal imo are hilarious.

People are applauding the fact that he has scored 5 goals in 7 matches

I didn't see overhype of the goal anywhere. Calm down, your beginning to seem like someone just whoring likes :doh:

were Messi or Ronaldo up tehre with Oscar when they were 22?

Don't know about Ronaldo, but I can tell Messi was far from the end product esp when playing for Argentina.

With 22 years old Messi and ROnaldo were a lot better than Oscar or any other player. Messi with 21 years old was the 2nd best player in the world, and Ronaldo with 22-23 the third.

what's the point of comparing any player to Ronaldo and Messi?

It's a miracle itself that they were born in the same generation.

Footballers like that aren't bred every other day. They're beyond world-class, more like out-of-this-world-class.

I'd call world class players I see as a reference in their position in the sports worldwide. Which should make that list quite small if you ask me... don't like the term much tbh

With 22 years old Messi and ROnaldo were a lot better than Oscar or any other player. Messi with 21 years old was the 2nd best player in the world, and Ronaldo with 22-23 the third.

I think he meant internationally...

I still think Messi was somewhat very good at the age internationally......

Cristiano as well.

People are applauding the fact that he has scored 5 goals in 7 matches

I didn't see overhype of the goal anywhere. Calm down, your beginning to seem like someone just whoring likes :doh:

You're

And I'm calm. I've already stated my fond of Oscar this season and his contributions but if you can't identify some of the over reactions on here for a deflected goal against Zimbabwe than there really is no need to go any furthur

You're

And I'm calm. I've already stated my fond of Oscar this season and his contributions but if you can't identify some of the over reactions on here for a deflected goal against Zimbabwe than there really is no need to go any furthur

I think you're overreacting with your pessimism. Has it not crossed your mind that people who thought it was a great goal did not notice it took a deflection before it went in? I saw it a few times to be really sure it did myself.

And I know Zambia are not world beaters but they did win the Africa Cup of Nations in 2012, surely that means something, does it not?

You're

And I know Zambia are not world beaters but they did win the Africa Cup of Nations in 2012, surely that means something, does it not?

Nah. We had Josip Weber in our nt once who scored 5 goals against Gambia . That said - Oscar is great - but this does not warrant a huge status increase imo.

I think you're overreacting with your pessimism. Has it not cross your mind that people who thought it was a great goal did not notice it took a deflection before it went in? I saw it a few times to be really sure it did myself.

Bollocks.

Labeling him 'world class' and stating that anyone who thinks Mata ( who just came off from a season with 20 goals and 36 assists) is better than Oscar are laughable, because of a deflected goal is rubbish

You're

Who said it was a wonderful goal?

They are only recognizing his form (5goals in 7matches)

If you can't see that people are only just happy that he is becoming a regular goal scorer now, then there is no need to go any further.

You're

Who said it was a wonderful goal?

They are only recognizing his form (5goals in 7matches)

If you can't see that people are only just happy that he is becoming a regular goal scorer now, then there is no need to go any further.

A World class player is one that performs well at a high level for most periods of the best moments of his footballing career at all grounds even on the moon. Some players have temporary world class form(ribery,mata) others have permanent world class form and status(CR7,Messi,xavi,pirlo,iniesta, lampard, zidane, totti e.t.c), such world class players still retain their world class talent even when the become old and physically unable to carry on. I don't like to compare but mata himself mentioned he had his best season in his career last season but he wasn't even a contestant for ballon d'or or a starter for spain in euros. I am not biased by saying i am proud to be a chelsea fan but even more so that our successes have been able to attract current active brasil internationals. Oscar is showing world class form( that is same form in UCL,EPL and internationals) If he continues his form at this tender age over the season and into the world cup and seasons to come that will make him a world class player.