Thorgan Hazard

themightyblue

Seems a talented young player. And we are in the habbit at the moment of bringing in family of players we have signed, Angban brothers playing for the U21's on Saturday as well as 2 of the 3 Musonda brothers with the other playing for the U18's....

Stupid deal this. Hope its not true.

Well, that really just depends on how much we pay for him. If he's super cheap, we don't really risk anything. Either he develops really nicely, or he's unable to break into the squad in a year or two and we sell him for a small profit.

Thorgan Hazard, midfielder RC Lens, is on the shelves of Chelsea. The player could join his brother Eden. Antoine Sibierski, the new athletic director RC Lens, discusses this issue.

"Thorgan, I discovered since my arrival in Lens says Antoine Sibierski. To me, this is clear: Thorgan is a very good player that I want to keep. He has one year contract. Last week, I met to discuss a possible extension of two or three seasons. Of course, all this was done in relation to our current financial. He did not wish to accept this proposal. After, do not do shortcuts. We did not say that as soon as Thorgan had only one season with us, you had to sell to make money. It does not react at all like that! We first wanted to extend it. I then learned that Chelsea was interested in its possible arrival. One can understand the desire of the player to leave the League 2 to go to Chelsea. It is under discussion. Now, as in any transfer, a year of contratr, it is paid! There is also training allowances. "

http://www.lavoixdunord.fr/sports/antoine-sibierski-j-ai-essaye-de-faire-prolonger-ia0b0n585567

Completely agree with this!

http://www.belgofoot.be/chelsea-looking-beyond-eden/

La Dernière Heure today reported that Eden Hazard’s 19 year-old brother Thorgan is about to join him at Chelsea. Has the world gone mad? I could just about understand why Chelsea took Lamisha (20) and Tika (18) Musonda when they wanted to sign 15 year-old Charly Junior; to be honest, their father was probably insisting that it was a package deal or nothing. But Eden Hazard is a married man with a child. I would think he hardly needs his kid brother to join him so he can settle down in the cosmopolitan metropolis that is London.

Don’t get me wrong. Thorgan Hazard, Lamisha and Tika Musonda are not bad footballers, but they are works-in-progress. To-date, there is absolutely nothing about them that says they are special, apart from their surnames. All three are midfielders, all three have represented Belgium at youth levels and all three have no experience of first division football in any country. All three are Belgian and maybe that – plus the family connections – is enough.

What’s next? Chelsea to sign Kylian Hazard (16) from the Lille academy and put down a deposit on Ethan Hazard, just 7, who is having a run with the juniors at Belgian second division club Tubize. Or perhaps, Chelsea should go back to Anderlecht and grab Jordan Lukaku so that older brother Romelu has someone to compete with at Football Manager.

Enough is enough. Eden Hazard is world class and Charly Musonda Junior is one of the most highly-rated young players in Europe. However, at the present rate of progress, Chelsea will have a squad of about 50 players, many of which will be teenagers who are simply marking time and making money.

A really pointless transfer this would be if it happens!

Thorgon Hazard is a talented player but sometimes as much as I am excited about the transfers I wish our board would stop wanting to buy every single talent out there. Do we really need Thorgan Hazard? No. He is 19 years of age, very young but how many other young players do we have as attackers for the future, it is unfair on them just keep buying players because they are talented. Working with young players takes time. We have Kakuta, Piazon, Lalkovic, Davila who we have bought who suddenly is forgotten about, don't no how good Bamford is but we bought him for a reason then there is De Bruyne and maybe Moses. Piazon is one of our most talked about youngsters and with the amount of talent we have with the expected signings of Oscar, where is he going to find his opportunities?

If Thorgon does come here I certainly would support him but the young talent we have got here are more than good enough to develop into good players.