The MMA thread

robdog

11 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Not really an exciting card apart from Holm. You just know shes going to lose in her 1st defence.

I am excited for the Anderson vs Lawlor match-up. That should be a good one. Also Sanchez vs Miller should be a good scrap as well.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, robdog said:

I am excited for the Anderson vs Lawlor match-up. That should be a good one. Also Sanchez vs Miller should be a good scrap as well.

Can never tell how a fights gonna go can ya. You get 2 that should beat 2 piles of shit out of each other and it ends like a tea dance. Yetyou get 2 boy scouts that give you a blood fest. I just like seeing a good fight. Might like one a bit more than the other sometimes and want to see his head torn off (like Diaz lol) But I wouldnt lose any sleep if he won

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

He just wasnt used to getting thumped by big guys was he and Diaz is one of the weaker ones. Imagine if he went up against lawler! Woulda knocked him out.

TBF they only fought @ 170lbs because Nate taking the fight on short notice - Nate fights at 155lbs & IMHO that still would have been a challenge for McGregor - also we knew McGregor wasn't great on the ground & that is one of the Diaz's Brothers strength - they are both Black Belts in BJJ.

Conor won the first round easily but looked increasingly tired towards the end of it and early in the 2nd. Once Nate noticed he upped the tempo and landed the left that rocked Conor about a minute after. 

Gotta respect Nate's chin. Took some big shots.

1 hour ago, JDY said:

Conor won the first round easily but looked increasingly tired towards the end of it and early in the 2nd. Once Nate noticed he upped the tempo and landed the left that rocked Conor about a minute after. 

Gotta respect Nate's chin. Took some big shots.

Nate gave Connor the first round. There was nothing 'won' at all. Nate just let him spend all his energy on fruitless offence and stupid spiny kicks; if anything Nate bizarro-won the first round because of how little McGregor's offence affected him. The drawn blood exasperated the idea that McGregor won the round but as the commentators said the Diaz brothers bleed easy.

4 minutes ago, Spike said:

Nate gave Connor the first round. There was nothing 'won' at all. Nate just let him spend all his energy on fruitless offence and stupid spiny kicks; if anything Nate bizarro-won the first round because of how little McGregor's offence affected him. The drawn blood exasperated the idea that McGregor won the round but as the commentators said the Diaz brothers bleed easy.

Theyre bleeding twats I dunno about easy bleeders ;)

1 hour ago, robdog said:

This is how one beats the Diaz Brothers

:Goober:

Ended up watching all those films. made me titter!

What gets me is all the people I know that smoke weed it makes them generally into nicer people. It seems to make these two into bigger twats. Whether they can punch or not.

3 hours ago, Spike said:

Eh, respectfully disagree. Just because Nate has a great chin doesn't mean that the shots landed register zero with the judges. Whether you go along with the notion that he 'gave' him the round, Conor landed the bigger shots and was the aggressor the whole round. I find it hard to see the judges scoring that one for Nate.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, robdog said:

030516-UFC-diaz-mcgregor-OB-G1.vadapt.66

Diaz vs McGregor II is about to go down in UFC 200 - I really hope we see this happen

Conor was not used to facing someone with the ability to take that amount of damage and not going down (and those that suggest Diaz 'gave' him the first round are laughable, no one wants to get hit that many times by one of the hardest hitters in the UFC for feck sake!). He was loading up on his left way too much looking for the one punch knockout, leaving him tired and swinging in the second.

It will be nice to see both fighters at 155 with a full camp. I think Conor will have a better game plan going into it, but Diaz will be extremely confident if he gets him down on the mat. Will be a great spectacle! Just wish the thing wasn't on at 5am! :middlefinger: