Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

AVB gone to Zenit

Tomo
Followers 1

Highest win % of any Spurs manager, just sold their best player and have changed 80% of their team. Levy proving again that he knows nothing about football and should just stick to the financial aspects of the game.

He should've at minimum had until the end of the season

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highest win % of any Spurs manager, just sold their best player and have changed 80% of their team. Levy proving again that he knows nothing about football and should just stick to the financial aspects of the game.

Spot on in my opinion.

Levy sold AVB's best player, and bought a lot of new ones - then gave him three months or whatever it is? That's like some sort of super challenge isn't it? The best managers in the world would even struggle with this scenario.

Yeah he got a few thrashings - but by two sides with immense goal threat. Suarez could destroy any defence in current form. Ultimately the lack of patience shown to managers is highlighted. It really is stupid.

you cant get away with losing 6-0 , 5-0 and 3-0 and home to west ham when you have spent 110m.

i reckon he will quit management and compete in the dakar rally which he says he will do and would have to quit football within 5-10 years to do

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-dirty-tackle/andre-villas-boas-quit-coaching-5-10-years-190832828.html

Just a few comparisons here. Not trying to defend AVB, but how about the Clueless One at Manures, Wenger just got clobbered yesterday, just like in a tennis match ?

The bottom line for me, Levy should follow him too.

I wouldn't laugh at him, we should feel sorry for him. Yes he is a bit of an idiot at times but in general he is a good manager, his ideas are could actually work really well at a club like Bayern/Barca/Madrid where all they have to do is attack and attack.

I wouldn't laugh at him, we should feel sorry for him. Yes he is a bit of an idiot at times but in general he is a good manager, his ideas are could actually work really well at a club like Bayern/Barca/Madrid where all they have to do is attack and attack.

Well, I & you somehow have differences. So here is one. AVB cannot coach top teams. His approach to people is not what it should be. Even today, players were confused by his explanations, I read. He has not ready for the likes of Ronaldo, JT, Lampard..etc,

Except that highest winning percentage is based entirely on the fact that Spurs are a much better and higher spending club than they've been. Redknapp was fired for finishing 4th the year before AVB was hired. AVB finished 5th and currently 7th so he actually performed worse than Redknapp. He was sacked not only because of the humiliating defeats but also because they have been brutal almost all year. This is a team that has scored 15 goals in 16 games which is playing like Stoke except they're also poor on set pieces. They have the 6th worst goal differential in the Premier League. They are an absolutely clueless team and were lost under AVB. They had three humiliating defeats in 16 games. The AVB as a quality manager is baffling. It's based entirely on one excellent season with Porto who had an excellent season before AVB got there and an excellent season after. He had two excellent job opportunities in England with teams that spent money and could compete for trophies (or at least CL spot for Spurs). These are the types of opportunities most managers never get. AVB is not unlucky. He's extremely lucky. Most managers don't get jobs at teams they can succeed at. The vast majority of managers manage teams they will never win anything at. AVB has had two excellent chances and failed miserably and was deservedly fired from both jobs. It's amazing to me how many Chelsea fans still support this guy. He was a disaster for Chelsea and really only got the Spurs job because of this absurd "young genius" aura he has cultivated (and apparently people still buy into). .

Okay Listen! A manager that lets his team lose 3-0 at home to West Ham, 6-0 to City and 5-0 at home to Liverpool is pathetic and CANNOT be named as a good manager. Villas Boas is an amateur and he has no clue how to keep consistences. Therefore, he is a bad manager. He doesn't have the capabilities to control the dressing room.

Would a bad manager win the treble?

If he wasn't so arrogant he'd have been given more time. But his whole "anyone but me" approach to reasoning Tottenham's failures wouldn't have gone unnoticed by Tottenham BoD.

Well, I & you somehow have differences. So here is one. AVB cannot coach top teams. His approach to people is not what it should be. Even today, players were confused by his explanations, I read. He has not ready for the likes of Ronaldo, JT, Lampard..etc,

Yeh that is one bad side of him imo, he got no where near as much authority as the likes of Jose, Ancelotti, Pep, Sir Alex. So when the players like Adebayor and Ekoto got cast out they come to Twitter to post shits like they did yesterday(if you haven't seen it check it out)