Drogba Statue Outside the Bridge

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henrique & gary gordan do the forum & yourselves a favour by just ignoring each others posts rather than mindlessly insulting eachother. & Sloth there's no need to get involved.

I don't want to have to start handing out warnings.

He should at the very least have a banner inside Stamford Bridge (not sure if he already has one like Lampard and Terry?)

Agree, I hope they have some special plans for Stamford Bridge after the Champions League victory. Take down that fucking Torres banner and put some up of the whole team celebrating or Lamps/JT/Drogba lifting it etc

Also -- what are these things called?

chelsea+pride+of+london.jpg

Are they just called flags or is there another name for them? Anyway maybe there could be a new one for our CL win

Please guys, dont be childish and suggest things like putting down any of our players banner because you want other players banner to be hanged.

I believe these banners are made by Fans and are subject for CFC approval. Like all supporter banners like these

429465_3054257749546_1943737318_n.jpgchelsea-banner1.jpg

I agree with Franco and Kezza, that Torres banner is embarrassing especially that DD doesn't have one. By those standards every player in the club's history should have a banner at the bridge. If Torres somehow magically turns into a club legend like JT, Lamps and DD, then he can have a banner.

Please guys, dont be childish and suggest things like putting down any of our players banner because you want other players banner to be hanged.

The Torres banner should be taken down because it has the Shankly Gates logo on it. Whoever put it up just bleached the Liverpool one from red to blue. fucking embarrassing

I love Didier Drogba for everything he's done for the club, perhaps more than most. I remember being extremely excited when he first arrived because I remember seeing him in Marseille's UEFA Cup run. He was brilliant and I thought we'd signed a real talent. I wasn't wrong! :lol: But my point is this - Didier is just one of a quintet of players who are perhaps five of the greatest ever men to pull on a Chelsea shirt. I'm referring to John Terry, Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and of course, Didier himself. Any of the five would be worthy of being immortalised forever in stone, but there are men like Gianfranco Zola who have never been given the honour of being put as a statue.

Maybe in 50 years. Think how long it took for Osgood's statue to be commissioned and then sculpted. A statue should be a posthumous honour, in my personal opinion!

Drogba is to Chelsea something like Etoo was for Barca, but Lampard to Chelsea is something like Messi is to Barca.

Lamps won everything possible on club stage, what is most important, in times when Henry and Ronaldinho played (2005), Frank was for many best player in the world and certainly among top 5 for all people. He came with a little transfer, for small money and become legend. Something I hope Kdb will become in 10 years.

Im sure somehow you can replace scorer for Drogba, but its much harder when you have to replace playmaker who was playing for over 10 years. I guess Barca will never replace Xavi or Messi, while it was easier to replace Etoo, despite it looked impossible.

I love Didier Drogba for everything he's done for the club, perhaps more than most. I remember being extremely excited when he first arrived because I remember seeing him in Marseille's UEFA Cup run. He was brilliant and I thought we'd signed a real talent. I wasn't wrong! :lol: But my point is this - Didier is just one of a quintet of players who are perhaps five of the greatest ever men to pull on a Chelsea shirt. I'm referring to John Terry, Petr Cech, Ashley Cole, Frank Lampard and of course, Didier himself. Any of the five would be worthy of being immortalised forever in stone, but there are men like Gianfranco Zola who have never been given the honour of being put as a statue.

Maybe in 50 years. Think how long it took for Osgood's statue to be commissioned and then sculpted. A statue should be a posthumous honour, in my personal opinion!

Double that sentiment! Even though I love Drogba to bits... to single him out and forget the heroics of the rest of the team (specially Ash and Cech) is little unfair. So waiting a few years (not 50 though) then making a decision makes more sense to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Drogba is to Chelsea something like Etoo was for Barca, but Lampard to Chelsea is something like Messi is to Barca.

Lamps won everything possible on club stage, what is most important, in times when Henry and Ronaldinho played (2005), Frank was for many best player in the world and certainly among top 5 for all people. He came with a little transfer, for small money and become legend. Something I hope Kdb will become in 10 years.

Im sure somehow you can replace scorer for Drogba, but its much harder when you have to replace playmaker who was playing for over 10 years. I guess Barca will never replace Xavi or Messi, while it was easier to replace Etoo, despite it looked impossible.

Disagree to that. To me, and I'm sure others will agree, Drogba is on par with Lampard in terms of legendary status. I'm sure that's the general consensus?

I don't support the idea of having a statue because its just a silly thing to have. If tourists want to know about our golden generation then they can go inside the club and they'll have access to plenty of information on them.