Eden Hazard

the wes

I allways think your posts make alot of sense,seems like you know what your talking about, so my question is how do you see his evolution the coming years?

He's already on the right path. He's unlikely to become a goal machine as that's just not his game as he doesn't seem to possess the finishing ability and ruthlessness of players like Ronaldo, Bale, Reus, Neymar et al. He should focus on maximising his strength by becoming more creative and for this his decision making,passing (especially diagonal ones) and crossing will have to improve and I could see him evolving into someone like Robben which would put him right in the elite category in the future. He's added the aggression and directness to his game this season which is a big step in the right direction.

I thought he played really well today considering he was a second fullback and rarely saw the ball in attacking areas. He played a much bigger impact in the game than City's star attacking players Aguero and Silva and those guys saw much more of the ball. Scary to imagine the damage he would have done if we dominated possession in advanced areas like City did today.

I thought both Eden and Cesc were completely wasted today doing defensive work most of the time. Why the hell we choose to play without the ball when we have so many great creative players that are good on the ball?

Riddle me that. We would have beaten them if we actually came out to play. I'm sure of that. Not from minute one but at least as the game evolved. We couldn't even control the game with 10 men.

Based on numbers only, his dribbling is probably already (second) best in the world. Take the game today for example, where i considered him to be anonymous for large parts of the game. He still completed 7 dribbles, and during his last 5 matches for chelsea averaged around 6 a game (whoscored). That is insanely high. Players like robben, ronaldo, bale, silva, aguero haven't exceeded 4 or 5 this season. When Di Maria had a wordly against germany, he reached 6. The only one who can present the same numbers is (unsurprisingly) a little argentine by the name of messi.

It's worth pointing out that Hazard was anonymous in parts mostly because of how we set up to play. i.e little to no attacking ambition in the final third. With that taken into consideration, I he played very well with the scraps he fed off of and was brilliant in the counter for the goal.

Obviously hazards best talent is dribbling that's why he focuses on it a lot but a simple pass sometimes is best option something he was reluctant to do in this game (same for willian). I don't want to use the word overhyped but people expect too much from him. He is an excellent dribbler but otherwise a very good player in other abilities(not great). He never shoots despite having the best ability to get into dangerous positions among our team. For me he played very well because I don't overhype him but to those that do he may not have done enough. I love that he never gets injured. With a little more consistency he would do just fine for a 200k a week player may be having 2 very exceptional seasons at an older age but I don't think he is the best at anything among players in the EPL(may be in dribbling he comes really close but not in total skills like Di Maria nor scoring,shooting,assisting) but he will remain among the best though, hopefully consistently and that's ok for me because he cost only 32 million.