Eden Hazard

the wes

You need to get over the notion that Hazard is purely a goal scorer. He is first and foremost a creator - goals come second. Sounds like you purely use goals to measure a player and that is frankly retarded I think.

Bale got nearly 20 assists last season as well. That is what I am saying, he doesn't just score more goals than Hazard but also give similar amount of assists, therefore making him the better player. Like I said the issue isn't with Hazard, I am fine with what he is atm, hope for better but fine if he keeps this up yearly(aka scoring/assisting around 20 goals together). What I am having issue with is people comparing Hazard to better players and claiming he is already better than them. This doesn't just apply to Bale but a few other wingers, for example Ribery is better than him ATM, no doubt someone will claim he is already better.

It is like saying Messi is better than CR7 ATM, yes he might be but CR7 is holding that golden ball right now and will likely retain it in 4 months time, so all opinions are pretty much invalid with no substance to back it up. You can say all the things you want but the truth is the very best ALWAYS, I MEAN ALWAYS have good stats to back them up.

I don't get why some of you are getting upset in accepting this fact? Maybe Hazard can use Bale as someone to aspire to and try to improve certain aspects of his game to match Bale, it gives him competition. You already want him to be seen as the best so in the future you will be happy with his decent contribution to the team and not wanting him to step up to that top top level? In a couple of years maybe Bale vs Hazard will be the Messi vs CR7 atm,you can have all the opinions you want but the better WILL ALWAYS have better stats and winning more award for his side. For example from 2009-2013 Messi was better than CR7, CR7 fans can say whatever they want but the fact is Messi won 4 Golden balls and break all sort of records. Yeah CR7 still scored 50 goals per year but Messi done even better therefore CR7's fans opinions are invalid. It is the opposite now.

So until Hazard has banged in 30 goals for us or contributing 20, he is STILL NOT AS GOOD AS Bale yet. Saying Bale is overrated is laughable as he is currently considered a top 5 winger in the world. You want definition of overrated? Try someone like James Rodgriguez for 60-70m.

Think Henrique has got his hands full here if he wants to retain the 'Most Controversial Member' award next year...

At the moment saying Hazard is better than Bale is nothing more than personal opinions, no substance to back it up. He didn't win PFA player of the year and Football Writer like Bale, he didn't sore 30 goals per year like Bale yet, PSG aren't willing to pay world record money for him while Madrid did for Bale.

Using individual awards like the PFA Player of the Year and/or Football Writer to judge whether a player is better than the other is absolutely nonsensical, when half, if not 3-quarter of the time it is based on biasness/favoritism. But if you really want to use that, then for starters, Hazard won the Young PFA Player of the Year award last season and heck, he even won that twice in France and the Ligue 1 Player of the Year there too!

Moreover, using goal statistics to compare players is flawed. It's like saying Courtois or Cech is a shit goalkeeper because they can't keep clean sheets when half of the time, it's because of the crappy defending in front of them that caused it.

And PSG aren't willing to pay world record money? I'm sure had they not got fined by UEFA for breaking the Financial Fair Play rules, they would have attempted to do so.

Bale got nearly 20 assists last season as well. That is what I am saying, he doesn't just score more goals than Hazard but also give similar amount of assists, therefore making him the better player. Like I said the issue isn't with Hazard, I am fine with what he is atm, hope for better but fine if he keeps this up yearly(aka scoring/assisting around 20 goals together). What I am having issue with is people comparing Hazard to better players and claiming he is already better than them. This doesn't just apply to Bale but a few other wingers, for example Ribery is better than him ATM, no doubt someone will claim he is already better.

Funny you brought Ribery into the equation when he himself hasn't exactly been a goalscorer in his career. In fact, if you look through his stats, the number of goals he has scored would probably be the same for Hazard for the rest of his career. And only ONCE in Ribery's entire career that he has scored 20 goals in a season.

Not aspiring as a player but to learn some traits and aspects to improve his own game. For example better shooting skill similar to Bale, even you can't say Hazard really has a great shot in him or better than Bale atm.

I am not saying Hazard is not goog, he is top 10 in the world but people are already comparing someone in top 5 and says he is better based on nothing but their opinions annoyed me. Even willing to go as far as calling the arguably better players 'overrated'.

No matter how fucked up it is you still have to be the best to be even in contention, Hazard hasn't even won 1 major individual award yet. Normally I agree with you but goals DO NOT LIE, you can be all the shit you want but goals always tell how good of an attacker you are. Teams don't stand still for you to just walk in and stick it in the back of the net you know...

Before I jump the gun can you clarify this statement. top 10 in what?

The bottomline regarding bale vs hazard is they have different skills set but over the past 2 years bale has been the more consistent and better match winner of the two. also hazard has never and I repeat NEVER reached the level Bale reached before joining madrid and it's a testament to his greatness how people considered his 21 goals and 16 assists last season as underwhelming and that's despite the injury and fitness problems he battled with and playing in Ronaldo's shadow.

I will be happy the day people start considering Hazard underwhelming with such stats.

At the moment saying Hazard is better than Bale is nothing more than personal opinions, no substance to back it up. He didn't win PFA player of the year and Football Writer like Bale, he didn't sore 30 goals per year like Bale yet, PSG aren't willing to pay world record money for him while Madrid did for Bale.

Be honest though, that was because of desperation. They're always quick to give such awards to a English/British player. Van Persie won Man Utd the league and he didn't win.. Bale winning those awards was just as ridiculous as Rooney winning the awards in 2009/2010 when they robbed Drogba. Bale winning Player of the Year in 2010/2011 was even more ridiculous.

As for the discussion itself, Bale is better in your opinion. Nothing wrong with that. But when did Bale become a player hitting 30 goals per year though? He scored 12 in 2011/2012 and 26 goals in 13/14 for Tottenham. 22 for Real last season.

He's neither top 10 in football or basketball so I can confirm that you and mrblueguy are wrong on both account :P

Not claiming he is, or claiming he isn't. I watch far too few German or Spanish games. Few better players than him in England though

Not claiming he is, or claiming he isn't. I watch far too few German or Spanish games. Few better players than him in England though

The only players I rate higher than him in the league are Aguero,Silva,Toure and Di maria. he's definitely a top 5 player now that Rooney and RVP have gone downhill.

The only players I rate higher than him in the league are Aguero,Silva,Toure and Di maria. he's definitely a top 5 player now that Rooney and RVP have gone downhill.

I allways think your posts make alot of sense,seems like you know what your talking about, so my question is how do you see his evolution the coming years?

Goals are always enough to replace performances. For example it doesn't matter if he scores 2 goals a match and be a passage for 60 mins. I want that from Hazard too even if it means he scarifies a bit of constantly making amazing runs only to have the move ended up wasted due to different reasons.

That is ironical because the most common complaint people have about Hazard is that he only unleashes his full talents in an isolated patch or two during games. The boy can't win.