Eden Hazard

the wes

He was brilliant in his play today as usual, the best player in blue by a mile but the most glaring weakness in his game showed up today which is his finishing technique. If he can just improve on that a bit...........

One thing is for sure, if he's to reach the level he always aspires to in his interviews, his finishing must improve dramatically. Kudos to him for improving his aggressiveness and desire to take on player though. just needs to work on his finishing.

Eden, you make me smile, you were fantastic but man, you need to learn to pull the trigger.

there was a counter in the second where he was in doubt between passing to Willian or shooting. He took a tad to long to make the decision, chose to pass and there went our chance...

That said I can see some welcoming and amazing improvement on his attitude. He seems more determined these days. Hope that isn't only to convince us to pay him crazy wages (that I think he deserves anyway). I hope this attitude is here to stay...

Decision making is still not great. He was great tonight, but if you look at it this way.... He had atleast 5/6 1v1s today, and only ONE of them resulted in a goal. Compare that to (not Messi or Ronaldo which we all agree are only comparable to one another) Neymar or even Bale (who I don't rate very highly), and I assure you they get on the score sheet once, if not more times.

I made a prediction a day before the game that Hazard would score against Schalke because of the intent and desire he showed against Swansea but today- although he wasn't nonchalant- he was super inefficient when he got in and around the box. His assist for Cesc was superb. I thought he'd just tear them apart from that moment on wards but he struggled a bit... not knowing whether to pass, to shoot, to take the defender inside or take it to the line.

I'll tell you right now, his performance was great tonight. Probably him and Filipe Luis were the candidates for the MOTM. BUT if this guy can figure out how to convert those 1v1 situations into goals/assists on a more regular basis, HE WILL BE ABSOLUTELY UNPLAYABLE. People say that he is unplayable now, which is a bit of a reach in my eyes, because if he isn't either racking up the assists or hitting the back of the net, then that statement is a bit exaggerated.

I repeat, if he can figure out how to convert those 1v1 situations into goals/assists on a more regular basis, he will be truly unplayable. But hey, he's only 23, right?

Speaking of Drogba and Hazard, there partnership needs a lot of work

There shouldn't be a Hazard-Drogba partnership to begin with. Drogba is a Legend (capital L) but he can't compete at this level anymore. It's painfully obvious for anyone to see, we shouldn't have taken him back as a player. Only as a striker coach a few years from now.

Really nice to read this. He was far from his best, yet still fantastic, so I'm quite surprised by this article.

Players like Hazard are seriously underrated. Nowadays analysing players is simply a case of taking a look at the match statistics and see whether the player in question has assisted or, more importantly, scored. If neither is the case, player X wasn't great or wasn't decisive (I cringe when I read that after a strong performance).

Players like Nedved, Figo, Giggs, Pires, Scholes, Vieira, etc were all brilliant players in their time and received plenty of praise and recognition for their contribution to their teams and to football in general. They weren't stats kings though. Same goes for Chelsea's own Zola. Hazard, and many others like him, would receive so much more praise 10-15 years ago.

But it's alright, I'll just continue enjoying Hazard's brilliance.