Eden Hazard

the wes

I am sure the club will not allow themselves to be mugged like United were with Rooney. They have acquitted themselves fantastically well this calender year. They will have a figure they feel Eden is worth and won't allow him to hold them to ransom. Whether that figure is 1,2 or even 300k. The board will do the right thing.

. If Eden Hazard signs a new 5-year deal at £220k pw (£200k + bonus), his annual FFP hit actually decreases from £16m to £15.3m.

. Hazard's £32m fee is currently amortised at £6.4m py on FFP books. New 5-year deal would re-amortise the remaining £19.2m to just £3.84m py.

- Jake Cohen

I'm not against Hazard getting 250k, but wouldn't it make other players unhappy? Costa and Fabregas reportedly earn around 150k, and pretty much everyone else earns much less than that. Bad atmosphere in the locker room isn't good for the team.

I'm not against Hazard getting 250k, but wouldn't it make other players unhappy? Costa and Fabregas reportedly earn around 150k, and pretty much everyone else earns much less than that. Bad atmosphere in the locker room isn't good for the team.

No bad atmosphere whatsoever. Cesc and Costa are 3 months old at Chelsea, while Eden has been here for quite sometime. With his performances, I can understand why the club thinks he is worth the reported 200k. Time will come when Costa's wages will be increased.

It shouldn't.

Hazard has already proven himself at Chelsea and deserves to get a pay rise to whatever amount he is set to receive but Costa and Fabregas are both still new at the club and have similar contracts to what Hazard got two years ago. If anything, it would send them a clear message that if they do well enough for a couple of seasons they'll get massive wages for their new contracts too and that should drive them to play as well as they possibly can.

I'm not against Hazard getting 250k, but wouldn't it make other players unhappy? Costa and Fabregas reportedly earn around 150k, and pretty much everyone else earn much less than that. Bad atmosphere in the locker room isn't good for the team.

I doubt Costa even cares what anybody else is earning; his current contract is almost certainly the most lucrative deal of his career and by some distance too I would have thought.

Fabregas probably was on a similar deal at Barcelona and the lack of real options available to him this summer perhaps helped the club negotiate a sensible deal.

Considering he (and the team) played for 45 minutes those stats are impressive, but less impressive that we seem to be a 45-60 minute team, at the moment, early days.

That's not completely fair, at least in my opinion Hazard started playing better than every one in the first half. He's the main reason why we played well and pressured Swansea in the last 15 minutes of the first half. He's the one that took matters into his hands (something I was asking him to do one day before the match - so I'm very happy he did) and he turned things around for us. He started putting the match on fire for us, leading us to attack and pressure Swansea. It's not fair to say he played only 45 minutes. There's even a high chance he was involved to win the corner from which came Costa goal. He really woke the team up in the first half already.

Either way though, the stats are impressive, but what's more impressive than them is how he upped his game, how he was the one to change the rhythm and the tempo of the match. He didn't wait, he wasn't passive, he wasn't reactive. He was the guy I personally hope to see in like 80% of our matches. I'm talking about his attitude. The stats while nice, aren't the most important thing now. He's going to turn 24 in a few months, he has more than enough time to polish his finishing, to work on getting more assists. It's the attitude change that I think should be praised. The quality and the talent are always there, he's one of the most talented players in the world. How he decides to use the talent and how much hunger and drive he will show will tell how far he's going to go. I hope he goes the farthest. If he's somehow able to repeat that level of presentation - both technically and mentally - for most of the season, it'll be the most important. The goals and assists will be a consequence along the way.

Also it creates unrest...LOL. So Courtois, Dave, Cahill(soon) will/have all signed deals to get their wages around 90-100k per week now and they are gonna be jealous of Eden who is getting 200k+ soon?

Naaa I don't buy it, not to mention Hazard's shirt like 3rd best sold last season according to statistic. It happens at every top club, there are a couple of players on mega wages and most on fairly good. CR7 300k and Messi 300k while the rest are 150k max. Rooney/RVP/Falcao/Di Maria on 250-300k with the rests around 50-100k. At City Aguero/Silva/Kompany/Yaya around 200k with the rest around 100k or about.

This is not communism, not everyone is gonna be paid the same even if some got more important roles than others. Matic for example is vital for the team as much as anyone but he probably isn't even anywhere near 100k. He won't care either because he is playing at a top club in the world and coming from Benfica who surely is paying him around 20k max at best.

I am sure the club will not allow themselves to be mugged like United were with Rooney. They have acquitted themselves fantastically well this calender year. They will have a figure they feel Eden is worth and won't allow him to hold them to ransom. Whether that figure is 1,2 or even 300k. The board will do the right thing.

Considering he is already on 170k now, 200k+ isn't really that much of a increase considering he is slowly becoming top 10 in the world in his position and possibly best in the league now with Suarez gone.

Either way though, the stats are impressive, but what's more impressive than them is how he upped his game, how he was the one to change the rhythm and the tempo of the match. He didn't wait, he wasn't passive, he wasn't reactive. He was the guy I personally hope to see in like 80% of our matches. I'm talking about his attitude. The stats while nice, aren't the most important thing now. He's going to turn 24 in a few months, he has more than enough time to polish his finishing, to work on getting more assists. It's the attitude change that I think should be praised. The quality and the talent are always there, he's one of the most talented players in the world. How he decides to use the talent and how much hunger and drive he will show will tell how far he's going to go. I hope he goes the farthest. If he's somehow able to repeat that level of presentation - both technically and mentally - for most of the season, it'll be the most important. The goals and assists will be a consequence along the way.

Hazard needs to show that level of influence in the big games. He usually looks unplayable against the smaller teams but until he looks influential against the big teams in the big games(wednesday would be a good place to start followed by Sunday) he will be considered underachieving in my opinion.

Its not about goals and assists for me(though I do feel he deserved a goal on Saturday) its about being highly influential in the build up of our attacks for me. Attract attention and find the pass that leads to the pass. He's been phenomenal in this regard and needs to show it on the big stage.

I don't see us busting the bank and pay Hazard 250k p/w wages. Pretty sure we have a set structure at the club when it comes to the wage cap.

If Messi or CR7 is available on a free now and wanting 500k a week to play we will do it because they are worth it, I doubt we have a wages cap but rather new signings will now be offered based on context. For example if they are signed from some team like Porto or Benfica as in the case of Matic where they were on 20k or so, we will offer a good double/triple into 60-70k for him.

However for a converted top player like Hazard where there was a set fee and it was up to us vs City and MU for wages and agent fee, obviously we have to offer a lot more than the other 2. Same case with Reus next summer if we want to sign him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2756435/Eden-Hazard-close-signing-new-five-year-deal-Chelsea.html

"Hazard’s deal with Chelsea was worth around £100,000 when he arrived from Lille two years ago, but he will double that when he signs his new contract with the club."

What happened to us blowing United and City out of the water by giving him wages of £175k a week two years ago? :wank2:

I do think he could be one of our best paid players, if not the best... He's young, he's talented, it seems like a good investment, but I don't think there's no limit.

Just because United are stupid enough to pay Rooney that exorbitant amount of money he isn't worth at all (I'd rather let him go, than raise his wages that much just to keep him), it's their problem.

Cristiano and Messi are a category of their own, we shouldn't use their wages as the reference. If their stats and importance in their teams in unprecedented and people were complaining that isn't fair to compare any other player to them (to which I agree) then their wages shouldn't be comparable either. They're some beasts out of this world, that's why what they earn is out of this world too.

I think we should raise Hazard's wages, I don't have a problem with him earning more than the others (someone has to), I don't think the others will feel unvalued if the difference isn't too big. Right now Costa and Fabregas are more productive, have better end product, are on their peak, their very best, so it doesn't make much sense for Hazard to win much more than them. He should get a new raise in a few years when he reaches his peak. So make him earn maybe 10 or 15% more than the best players in the team who are already in their peak, and include some clause, or renegotiate Hazard's wages again two years from now, when he's 25/26 and supposedly on his peak too.

Let's not forget that José mentioned Luke Shaw's wages as something we couldn't do because we didn't want to disrupt the nice environment we have in the dressing room. It is important. I don't think Costa or Fàbregas - who I suppose are our highest earners would mind if Hazard earned some more than them, but to earn £100k more (supposing the formers earn £150k and Hazard would earn £250) then I think it's too much. If we start raising those wages to those levels, soon enough others will start asking for more and then we'll see our wages bill be stratospheric...

How much he's on currently? I've read all kind of reports... £120, £150, £175k, £180k... maybe raising his wages now to £180k and then in a couple of years getting him to £210 for example, could be fairer to everyone...

edit:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2756435/Eden-Hazard-close-signing-new-five-year-deal-Chelsea.html

"Hazard’s deal with Chelsea was worth around £100,000 when he arrived from Lille two years ago, but he will double that when he signs his new contract with the club."

What happened to us blowing United and City out of the water by giving him wages of £175k a week two years ago? :wank2:

there's my answer!

Well, I think if he gets a 80% raise now and then some more in a couple of years to reach £210k is a good deal. Or just £200k without a new raise in the upcoming years... Just don't make the guy earn £250 when players at their peak, who are playing their socks off for us and being amazing are earning only £150k... if that's how much Costa and Cesc earn in the first place. Those amounts are never really confirmed by the club (as they shouldn't, it's a matter that belongs to the player involved and the club alone).

Daily Mail is known to be shit at reporting, they said last week Falcao was on £360k before changing it a few hours later to like £150k. Quick look around the web and Hazard is reported to be on 170-180k. If it was 100k MU and City must be incredibly cheap not to pay more considering they are all ready to pay 30m for him.