Eden Hazard

the wes

Why can Sterling, Neymar and Reus etc play #10 effectively but Hazard can't? I know he was amazing for Lille in that role but it's never worked for him at Chelsea. The last time I remember him playing that role was in the 2nd half against PSG where he was completely invisible which was a stark contrast from the 1st half where he was the best player on the pitch.

Why can Sterling, Neymar and Reus etc play #10 effectively but Hazard can't? I know he was amazing for Lille in that role but it's never worked for him at Chelsea. The last time I remember him playing that role was in the 2nd half against PSG where he was completely invisible which was a stark contrast from the 1st half where he was the best player on the pitch.

Because our number 10 is not your traditional number 10. In our system... We require something different from our number 10.

England sucks.

Brazil sucked with neymar as the 10. Neymar was a lot better player out wide and Brazil was better when he was there as well.

Reus can play 10 for Chelsea moreso than hazard.

People that would fit the n10 role for Chelsea is Modric and thats it. Maybe Thiago

I think you and other people are just misinterpreting his interview and his comments about wanting to win the ballon d'or and his attempt to reach the heights of Messi, Ronaldo.

Hazard has always considered himself to be more of a creator then a goalscorer. I think he's right about that and i think the majority of the Chelsea fans do too.

It's basically what Skipper said a couple of pages back : he'll never be a goalscoring machine.

I think Hazard realizes that. He knows that if he goes head to head, in terms of goals, with Ronaldo or Messi ( and other more natural goalscorers then Hazard) he is going to lose no matter how hard he tries, no matter how "consistent" he gets).

He simply lacks certain abilities to be able to compete with themin that aspect. However his abillities are far more suited for creating chances and getting a sh*t load of assists and that's exactly what he's aiming for.

I think he's a lot more likely to get 25+ assists then 25+ goals. For the rest all i'm seeing in that interview is Hazard complimenting Costa and Fabregas. Also i don't see anywhere in that interview where he says that he felt huge pressure last season.

"When the team needed him the most in the title run in he went MIA scoring literally only from penalties and assisting once or twice."

Don't you think that's incredibly unfair towards Hazard considering his top form the months before were the only thing that kept us in the title race for that long ?

I think the lack of end product from our other Am's and our strikers ended up costing us the league not Hazard.

"But for some he's already better than Ronaldo or just behind him and Messi when he isn't"

Please could you show me the quote of the person that said Hazard is already better then Ronaldo. I check the forums regularly and never seen anyone post that.

It wasn't Eden who said it, he would never say something like that. It was someone here (just before my post). What I said about him is that I think is that sometimes his speeches don't match.Saying he wants to win the Balon d'Or and be the best player in the world and work hard for it to happen is something he's said in the past and without sounding arrogant. It showed ambition and I liked it. Now saying he's seemingly happy that someone else has to step up - it doesn't matter if scoring or assisting - doesn't match the first speech. Can you see a discrepancy between those two speeches and his goals? Nobody has to be Messi or Ronaldo talent-wise, scoring-wise, but everyone can step up to be their team's star and the man who wins them matches. I do think he lacks a bit of drive, but he's young, and I'm willing to wait, I just said I'm not too emphatic about my predictions about him because I don't know if he has the mentality a player like Cris and Messi have. I was comparing their attitude, I didn't touch talent (said many brazilians were talented and never reached their potential because they had the wrong mentality), I didn't touch goal scoring (never even mentioned it in any of my posts), it was all about having the mentality in addition to the talent (his relief about not being the guy that will win matches is worrying for his development). I see much less talent in Bale, but also much more hunger and balls.

My point about his bad form at the end of the season (and early in the season too) is just so people can be a little more realistic about him - I never meant we lost the league because of him, but when we needed him the most, he wasn't there. So wasn't Oscar, so wasn't Ramires, so weren't our strikers (those had never been there anyway). The way people talk here it was as if Hazard has done his part and the rest of the team didn't and THAT is ABSOLUTELY unfair. He did his part, but only for a while - as did many others - but he didn't do it consistently - as didn't many others. He didn't have a great season. He had a great streak between November/December until early February (do people even realize that this doesn't correspond to even half of a season?). From March on he wasn't productive, he slowly faded until he go injured around mid-April.

If someone who's never watched Chelsea in their life came to this forum, the feeling they would get from most posts here would be: Hazard was a hell of a player, carried the team and we didn't win the league because we didn't have strikers, because Oscar had a horrible second half of the season, because Ramires had a terrible second half of the season, because our FBs didn't support the attack, because Cech had some important failures, etc... Those things are true, but the Hazard part is a lie. I know it's something new for some people and many others don't accept it at all, but Hazard has flaws just like any other player and addressing them isn't a sin or a crime and shouldn't led people to be lectured. A lot of people are saying we should read Excalibur's post, but I didn't and I won't. I know there's probably a lot of right things there, but the problem is Hazard became a myth in this forum that can't be ever criticized without people overreacting.

The rest of the team had ups and downs, but Hazard - because of the mouthwatering style - is always labeled as this amazing, complete player, when he isn't yet and he gets credit for a lot of things he didn't do - such as having an amazing season. I want more from him this season, the same way I want from Oscar, Schurrle and Willian. They can - and hopefully - will be more productive and consistent. I even said in my second post that if he checked all the right boxes and still didn't win the award, it'd be okay. I don't think he's going to be a scoring machine, but at this point, based on his previous season, he won't be an assist machine either. He needs to step up and be more consistent, like all our young players. And it's okay to demand that from the others, but it causes a problem every time someone mentions the same about Hazard...

I hope he stays for many years but at least we will get Bale money for him if he leaves.

We can get some very good players for that kind of money so it's not the biggest problem imo.

Also replacing his 10-15 goals/assists is easy if we get a good replacement in, someone like Reus/Gritzemann/Alexis Sanchez quality is more than enough, not to mention huge changes left to maybe sign a top striker/cb IF needed.

Also replacing his 10-15 goals/assists is easy if we get a good replacement in, someone like Reus/Gritzemann/Alexis Sanchez quality is more than enough, not to mention huge changes left to maybe sign a top striker/cb IF needed.

Hazard is an important player, I'd trade him for nobody.