Eden Hazard

the wes

Our NT manager said today that Hazard is struggling with an old injury which is why he didn't call him up for the NT.

Apparently, because of the injury, Hazard can barely walk after playing a game.

Not sure how i feel about us playing Hazard when he's suffering from an injury.

Also doesn't seem like it's so "minor" since he can barely walk after games.

Hope he takes this time to rest up a bit. Still a long season to go.

Our NT manager said today that Hazard is struggling with an old injury which is why he didn't call him up for the NT.

Don't like the sound of that. We should rest him, Schurrle could take his place until he's fit.

There must be some kind of exaggeration in that statement. It would be too irresponsible from the club and from Hazard himself to be playing full matches with some kind of major injury. It's probably something akin to Fabregas' situation, who was playing despite some pain from his pubalgia. It's probably not very serious but better let him have time to rest and heal it properly if we can.

Hope it's not true and Jose just told Hazard to exaggerate it in order to have him fresh for our upcoming games. Belgium's qualifier against Israel has been postponed, so it's not like he'll miss any important matches. If he has a minor injury that's been bothering him, he should rest. He can miss one friendly.

What? :blink:

I hope he gets more influential in the big games, obviously Hazard always has that one moment of brilliance in his locker but i want him to get more involved like he did against City (away) last season. It's his time now to finally be the best player in the PL, as Neville says, this is his third season and he's playing in a wonderful team, no excuses.

I hope he gets more influential in the big games, obviously Hazard always has that one moment of brilliance in his locker but i want him to get more involved like he did against City (away) last season. It's his time now to finally be the best player in the PL, as Neville says, this is his third season and he's playing in a wonderful team, no excuses.

Agreed. Also he takes quite some time to get going during a match. One thing I like is that he rarely becomes invisible once he moves onto third gear.

In the official fantasy they credited the assist to Hazard...

who exactly are you guys saying didn't credit him the assist? There are so many stats services with their own criteria...

I think it's the official premier league site that doesn't credit the own goal as a Hazard assist.

Think the majority of the people take their statistics from there and consider them to be the more "official" stats.

As long as it counts for the right team, I honestly don't care who the goals goes down for.

I understand that but lets face it if Hazard doesn't come up with the right numbers, at the end of the season, people are gonna be complaining that he didn't have good enough season.

Now it seems like it's the only thing that matters, numbers.

In the official fantasy they credited the assist to Hazard...

who exactly are you guys saying didn't credit him the assist? There are so many stats services with their own criteria...

Hi Barbara,

I got curious during the day and looked it up on http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33404/Show/Eden-Hazard

But I don't know if there's some "official" Premier League Statistics database to review...

Are you saying that officially, the assist did get awarded? There doesn't seem to be one clear, uniform rule

that applies to these situations, does there?

In my opinion, it should count as an assist, even though, as CHOULO19 said: as long as it counts for the right team, it's of marginal importance.

Edit: I just realised I probably should change my picture already :D

I think it's the official premier league site that doesn't credit the own goal as a Hazard assist.

Think the majority of the people take their statistics from there and consider them to be the more "official" stats.

I understand that but lets face it if Hazard doesn't come up with the right numbers, at the end of the season, people are gonna be complaining that he didn't have good enough season.

Now it seems like it's the only thing that matters, numbers.

He has plenty of time to get the numbers. 1 goal in 3 games isn't bad at all. It's just compared to Costa and Cesc -- the guys who have been getting the numbers every week so far -- it doesn't seem that impressive, but it's actually pretty good. Last season Hazard got his first goal (and assist) in the league in October. This year he scored in August already.

I say play him through the middle when we play MU. No midfield at all, in fact through the middle is where they are weakest. With 352 they'll have 2-3 on him out wide. Play Willian and Schurrle or Oscar to track the wingers, and let him unleash hell through the middle like he was doing 2 years ago. We would run riot with Costa's movement also

Hi Barbara,

I got curious during the day and looked it up on http://www.whoscored.com/Players/33404/Show/Eden-Hazard

But I don't know if there's some "official" Premier League Statistics database to review...

Are you saying that officially, the assist did get awarded? There doesn't seem to be one clear, uniform rule

that applies to these situations, does there?

In my opinion, it should count as an assist, even though, as CHOULO19 said: as long as it counts for the right team, it's of marginal importance.

Edit: I just realised I probably should change my picture already :D

Fantasy Football tends to have a very lenient rule when it comes to counting things like assist such as in this case Hazard got the assist count for the OG.

However if we are talking things officially, then assist obviously only counts when a player sets up their teammate to score. Inadvertently 'setting' up an opposition player to score for you doesn't count as an assist.