Eden Hazard

the wes

I going to call it now, he will win a balloon dor before long, he's truly amazing.

hope I'm wrong but honestly don't think he will. I think if he had the drive of CR7 for instance then yes probably but I don't think he does. Seems a player to me who has sooooo much skill but possibly lacks that commitment in training and on the pitch for the full 90 minutes to progress to that next level. As I say hope Im wrong

hope I'm wrong but honestly don't think he will. I think if he had the drive of CR7 for instance then yes probably but I don't think he does. Seems a player to me who has sooooo much skill but possibly lacks that commitment in training and on the pitch for the full 90 minutes to progress to that next level. As I say hope Im wrong

Wtf? No drive? Lacks commitment? That's ridiculous.

all good points

To say he lacks commitment or drive cause he doesn't play like Ronaldo or Robben is stupid. just cause he plays relaxed doesn't mean he doesn't have drive. It's not like he's Balotelli or someone just walking on the pitch, he works his ass off during games on both ends.

To say he lacks commitment or drive cause he doesn't play like Ronaldo or Robben is stupid. just cause he plays relaxed doesn't mean he doesn't have drive. It's not like he's Balotelli or someone just walking on the pitch, he works his ass off during games on both ends.

I didn't say he had no drive because he didn't play like ronaldo or robben, you've come up with that yourself. I said I dont think he had the drive of someone LIKE ronaldo, completely different. And to say hazard "works his as off during games" is just not true. He's a classy wee player and full of skill and further potential but he's certainly not a grafter like schurrle for instance. That's sort of my point, I feel, and it's only my opinion obviously, that he's not driven enough to take him to a ballon dor. Time will tell

I didn't say he had no drive because he didn't play like ronaldo or robben, you've come up with that yourself. I said I dont think he had the drive of someone LIKE ronaldo, completely different. And to say hazard "works his as off during games" is just not true. He's a classy wee player and full of skill and further potential but he's certainly not a grafter like schurrle for instance. That's sort of my point, I feel, and it's only my opinion obviously, that he's not driven enough to take him to a ballon dor. Time will tell

Agree to disagree. Just don't confuse his calm demeanor with lack of drive.

When he got the ball for the OG on Saturday and as he was stood static on the by-line I said to my son "Drive on now and get into the box"

He did, he's deadly when he does that.

correct, me and the brother were saying the same. He seems to slow play down a lot so far this season BUT when he puts the boot down and runs at defenders, especially close to the bi line, they can't deal with him. If he kept that up he'd be hard to cope with

When he got the ball for the OG on Saturday and as he was stood static on the by-line I said to my son "Drive on now and get into the box"

He did, he's deadly when he does that.

He needs to do it more often. He's one of the best 1 on 1 dribblers in the world but he doesn't utilise it enough.

He needs to do it more often. He's one of the best 1 on 1 dribblers in the world but he doesn't utilise it enough.

True but how many times is he actually allowed to get into 1 on 1 situations ? Every PL manager knows Hazard's lethal when it comes to 1 on 1 dribbles. (Lack of a supporting left back doesn't help this either.)

Also how many times was he able to get on the ball in Everton's final third ? Not a lot.

I do agree that Hazard at times can be a bit too passive though.

True but how many times is he actually allowed to get into 1 on 1 situations ? Every PL manager knows Hazard's lethal when it comes to 1 on 1 dribbles. (Lack of a supporting left back doesn't help this either.)

Also how many times was he able to get on the ball in Everton's final third ? Not a lot.

I do agree that Hazard at times can be a bit too passive though.

Yeah I know. Obviously our system should be getting Hazard into that 1 on 1 position more often but Hazard at the same time as sometimes too laid back when he's 1 on 1. The Everton game is a perfect example. For the OG he decides to destroy his marker - could've done the same when he was 1 on 1 vs. Lukaku but he declined to.

Yeah I know. Obviously our system should be getting Hazard into that 1 on 1 position more often but Hazard at the same time as sometimes too laid back when he's 1 on 1. The Everton game is a perfect example. For the OG he decides to destroy his marker - could've done the same when he was 1 on 1 vs. Lukaku but he declined to.

Yeah I know what situation you mean. I think he hesitates (he actually pretends to go for it ) because Lukaku 's still in motion. A lot of the times Hazard beats players by causing them to stand still.

By the time he's got Lukaku standing still Coleman's already covering the space in behind Lukaku.

If you wanna see it again here's a video of it. Happens around 1:32 .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mzk8dekS9PE