Eden Hazard

the wes

I think Hazard has reached the stage for many people where even playing well isn't seen as good enough any more. He has to be on fire for entire games otherwise he will be criticised for not doing enough. Nobody else in the team seems to get that kind of scrutiny by the way; other players will be assessed for their general performance but Hazard's game will be broken down minute by minute: "Well he was quiet from 3-9, picked it up for 5 minutes but then slowed down again. WHY? Had a good period from 21.12 to 27.32 but then inexplicably went missing for another SIX MINUTES! Where the hell did he go?! Bottler." :Goober:

To right, and to think we let Malouda go to accommodate this clown :Goober:

Just finished the game as I missed it yesterday and tbh, I'm confused whether I watched the wrong game or not. I'm really hoping people here are just being naive and throwing around words like "excellent" loosely because aside from 2 or 3 dribblings Hazard's performance was nothing I'd ever call excellent. Robben's performance vs Spain at the WC was excellent, Zidane's performance vs Brazil at the WC 2006 was excellent, Cech vs Bayern 2012 was excellent. If you're seriously considering Hazard's game yesterday up to those standards you're getting carried away waaaaaay to easily.

Yeah Hazard has his dissapear moments in game where he does nothing in attack or defence for several minutes. Then he makes something fantastic though, but he has to be more consistent.

Also he is fast, but many times he looks like he is slowest guy on pitch. Thats evident when he tracks the ball. His dribbling should also include more pace to beat defender quicker and not allow opposition to get back in formation.

Yeah Hazard has his dissapear moments in game where he does nothing in attack or defence for several minutes. Then he makes something fantastic though, but he has to be more consistent.

Also he is fast, but many times he looks like he is slowest guy on pitch. Thats evident when he tracks the ball. His dribbling should also include more pace to beat defender quicker and not allow opposition to get back in formation.

He looks slow SOMETIMES because he dribbles to maintain possession instead of making something happen by driving into the box like his goal. Robben/bale does that with their every dribble so they looks fast and dangerous. Imagine if hazard does it more often, his dribbling makes him one of the hardest players to take the ball off.

Hazard will learn to take the mantle more often soon enough, he's still young.