Eden Hazard

the wes

Anyone know when he is back? if the Belgium players are allowed 6 weeks off they won't be back until the weekend where the new season kicks off. I really hope he and Courtois/Lukaku are back before then, maybe by the end of next week?

It's only 4 weeks. All the WC lads have got 1 month off from the date their tournament ended.

The Belgians will be back in training on Wednesday this week when we play Vitesse but think that'll be too early for them so they'll probably play their first pre-season game against Werder Bremen on Sunday the 3rd of August. Still plenty of pre-season action for them with games against Ferencvaros and Real Sociedad coming up and also the mini tournament in Istanbul against Fenerbahce and Besiktas.

Mini tournament in Istanbul??

45 mins against 2 teams. Then another game 2 days later smh.

It worked well with Mata because they have similar mentalities about moving the ball quickly. Willian and Oscar are more contemplative which is fine but doesn't always mesh well with Hazard's speed of play.

Hazard and Mata combination was sexy af.

I'm happy he'll be back soon so he and Cesc + Costa can form an understanding before the season starts.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/blues-to-take-part-in-turkish-charity-tournament0.html

Two 45-minute games, one against Fenerbahce and the other against Besiktas. Will be seeing Demba Ba again in that game!

Hazard and Mata combination was sexy af.

I'm happy he'll be back soon so he and Cesc + Costa can form an understanding before the season starts.

Hazard and Cesc will click, of Costa can mesh well with Hazard we'll have a new 3 amigos^_^

45 mins against 2 teams. Then another game 2 days later smh.

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/blues-to-take-part-in-turkish-charity-tournament0.html

Two 45-minute games, one against Fenerbahce and the other against Besiktas. Will be seeing Demba Ba again in that game!

Talk about taking the piss. So, it's practically 3 games in 5 days played at 3 different grounds. :doh:

Hazard would still need someone world class to play with in attack to fill potential though. Someone who can make one-twos and clever runs, good on the ball etc.

WIllian, Salah, Oscar just dont think on same level as Hazard.

Reus?

I know Hazard needs help and he should have more space now with Cesc in the team as markers won't pile up on Eden allowing Cesc to pick a pass to any of the other AMs and the ST that would have to be unmarked for three players to be with Hazard. That's cute and dandy, but that won't solve Eden's main problem imo.

Yes, he was hot and cold too (not as much as Oscar though), hasn't score one goal from open play since early February and the main reason isn't the players around him. They could and should help him more, but if he doesn't grow some more incisive attitude he'll never reach his ceiling. He'll progress some but still much less than he could because he desperately needs a change of attitude in the pitch. If he were a guy bolder, with that feeling that 'I'll do whatever it takes to be a champ' he'd be steps ahead in his development curve. His laid back attitude limits his progression and game a lot imo, more than the lack of players linking up properly with him.

A guy with his skills to dribble and his pace shouldn't rely much on others when he reaches his peak. Look at Cris and Messi, many times they start and finish the play all by themselves because they're so hell bent on making it happen. Hazard seems too apathetic for my taste and please, let's not go down the road I'm calling him lazy because I'm definitely not. He's just passive, conformed with things when they're bad. He seems to lack some real ambition. I mean he seems to dream high, but I see it more like that, dream rather than ambition. He will do everything Mourinho asks him to do because he seems quite submissive from afar, but it's not only about positioning, shooting (something he definitely should do more), it's about the way he approaches the matches and I think that's a bigger detractor to his development than the lack of better partners in crime - although Oscar, Willian, Cesc, Schurrle and co MUST get more involved in 2-1s with him. But he can't use only those things players do around him to flourish when his potential is much bigger than that. Here is hoping Drogba brushes some of his personality off on Eden.

just wanted to say, i haven't been here long and every time i've seen you post it's been quality. i'm finding myself liking every single one of your posts, lol

Talk about taking the piss. So, it's practically 3 games in 5 days played at 3 different grounds. :doh:

Was talking about this...

It's 3 in 5 days if you consider:

8th August - Fenerbahçe/Beşiktaş

10th August - Ferencvaros

12th August - Real Sociedad

Huge season for him indeed.

While he has been putting up great numbers before, we still want him to take more initiative.

With the addition of Cesc and Costa his numbers should improve even more and hopefully it gives him a boost to go even further.

If that doesn't happen this season, than it might never will. (note: even if that's the case, he still remains a great player)

It's just a mindset: the talent and ability is there.

In any case: exciting season coming up and can't wait to see him play with his new teammates.

I know Hazard needs help and he should have more space now with Cesc in the team as markers won't pile up on Eden allowing Cesc to pick a pass to any of the other AMs and the ST that would have to be unmarked for three players to be with Hazard. That's cute and dandy, but that won't solve Eden's main problem imo.

Yes, he was hot and cold too (not as much as Oscar though), hasn't score one goal from open play since early February and the main reason isn't the players around him. They could and should help him more, but if he doesn't grow some more incisive attitude he'll never reach his ceiling. He'll progress some but still much less than he could because he desperately needs a change of attitude in the pitch. If he were a guy bolder, with that feeling that 'I'll do whatever it takes to be a champ' he'd be steps ahead in his development curve. His laid back attitude limits his progression and game a lot imo, more than the lack of players linking up properly with him.

A guy with his skills to dribble and his pace shouldn't rely much on others when he reaches his peak. Look at Cris and Messi, many times they start and finish the play all by themselves because they're so hell bent on making it happen. Hazard seems too apathetic for my taste and please, let's not go down the road I'm calling him lazy because I'm definitely not. He's just passive, conformed with things when they're bad. He seems to lack some real ambition. I mean he seems to dream high, but I see it more like that, dream rather than ambition. He will do everything Mourinho asks him to do because he seems quite submissive from afar, but it's not only about positioning, shooting (something he definitely should do more), it's about the way he approaches the matches and I think that's a bigger detractor to his development than the lack of better partners in crime - although Oscar, Willian, Cesc, Schurrle and co MUST get more involved in 2-1s with him. But he can't use only those things players do around him to flourish when his potential is much bigger than that. Here is hoping Drogba brushes some of his personality off on Eden.

While I agree fully with what you said about his seemingly lack of drive and that he's too passive sometimes, I want to add that his laid back attitude has it's benefits as in he doesn't know stress. Seriously, he doesn't.

If he could somehow add more drive and will to take initiative to his attitude he could be twice the player he is now