Eden Hazard

the wes

The false 9 only worked really well at Barcelona.

The wingers were making runs behind and between the fullbacks and central defenders (meaning they could'nt push and squeeze without leaving holes for the wingers) and if not were very good being in front of them offering lay-offs option for Messi's run.

Messi with Argentina plays deeper and the opponents have not so many distraction and well-build machine to worry about.

By holding the ball up it doesn't just mean standing still and keeping the ball, while waiting for other players to make run then past. Anyone can do that, actually that is like the really basic for a good football player. But it is like Drogba, sort of bully defenders, head the ball down, keep the ball by shielding it...etc and Hazard just isn't suited to that no matter how you look at it. He is more suited to running at other players and get them to challenge him. And fair enough about Aguero but even then City play 2 strikers and same in Argentina team, because usually if he is alone in attack of a 4-3-3 formation it won't work as well. Actually did he ever played alone role? At Madrid he had Forlan, Argen got Higuain, Messi, Tevez, City he had Tevez, Negredo, Dzeko...etc

And Hazard doesn't have strength mate to be honest, usually half harden challenge and he would fall over. Most of the time it is a foul for us so it is all good. But you will just never see him beating a player at shoulder to shoulder challenge, it is just his way of playing and style.

Btw I am not criticizing him in anyway, he is our best player atm by a mile. Just pointing out his weaknesses relating to this argument.

I agree but shoulder to shoulder is more leaning with weight on you if you're much smaller than the opposition. Bale and Ronaldo are taller and the opponents can't lean on them.

Yea, I know. He's my favorite non-Chelsea player so I'd love to see it. I prefer them to get Costa would be good. Not Cavani or Falcao. They're gonna be pushing 30 soon. I'd love for them to get Aleksandr Kokorin from Dynamo. He's Russian. Look him up dude is good.

Cavani is 26.

Yea, I know. He's my favorite non-Chelsea player so I'd love to see it. I prefer them to get Costa would be good. Not Cavani or Falcao. They're gonna be pushing 30 soon. I'd love for them to get Aleksandr Kokorin from Dynamo. He's Russian. Look him up dude is good.

Cavani is 26.

He'll be 27 this month.

I watched a video of Garrincha and somehow Hazard's style of dribbling and controlling the ball resembles that of the Brazillian wonder. Don't ya think?

although that vid doesn't make justice to Garrincha (I've watched a couple of specials about him and he was an incredible dribbler) you do have a point about Eden resembling him.

It's also funny to see how slower football was 50 years ago... it seems to be in slow motion, lol

I watched a video of Garrincha and somehow Hazard's style of dribbling and controlling the ball resembles that of the Brazillian wonder. Don't ya think?

although that vid doesn't make justice to Garrincha (I've watched a couple of specials about him and he was an incredible dribbler) you do have a point about Eden resembling him.

It's also funny to see how slower football was 50 years ago... it seems to be in slow motion, lol

Garrincha .... What a player! Also, you are right, when you see stuff from the era of Di Stefano, Garrincha, you do see how much it has evolved. Sometimes I wonder how much the video speeds are indeed slower by the way :-) it could very well be!

There's only one truly succesful false 9 in Europe and that's Messi. The only reason he makes it work is because he's an absolute phenomenon who excels in the most crucial attributes in football. It's an incredibly difficult role to pull off and it can work against you.

Personally I find it a very overrated concept. Strikers are crucial.

Totti is another one