Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard—"Look. I have the image of a ‘Je m’en-foutist’, like we say in French. Someone who doesn’t care. I’ve been playing professional football for 5 seasons now, I rarely was injured, I follow a strict diet...I sleep well, I rest and I’m always on time. No one can ever accuse me of not living for my job. Because I do"

"Now I realise that I can compete with Messi and Ronaldo in the near future, if I put in some more effort, I don’t know if I will ever reach their level. It’ll be hard, they have incredible stats, but I accept the challenge.

Oscar and Hazards performance today is exactly WHY Mata couldn't have got selected over them.

It was so embarrassing for the commentators after oscar's rocket goal going on how us losing out 'best player'

I thought get a clue if he was he would have been playing.

Eden, Oscar and Willian are a force, brilliant.

The first time pass from his own half to Eto'o :wank2: I love passes like that. Anybody got a video/gif of it? There certainly would be one if we had a striker who could have finished it off, would have been assist of the season.

Hazard is only going to get better when he has a world class striker to work with.

He dribbles through players like they are training cones, its outrageous!!

It's because Stoke players were like cones. At one point even Ivan dribbled past them if I recall correctly. Not to take anything away from Haz, he was on another level.

Prime Eto'o would have easily finished that first time pass in the first half. Just doesn't have the extra yard of pace anymore.

I still feel his impact and talent is understated by the media/casual fans. A lot of people wrongly think Mata is the better player for some bizarre reason.

Watching Hazard playing the way he is right now is making me speechless. He has improved so much it's unbelievable, not just offensively but defensively as well. I'm really really pleased especially that now he is so much more purposeful with the ball; running at pace and taking defenders on, decisive with the ball, getting to the byline and shoot at goal when it's possible. Last season, he was hardly doing any of this and at times, it felt as though he was just strolling around. He has definitely improved on the overall aspects of his game and doing so with consistency as well.

This.. could it have been tactics by previous managers to not give him so much responsibility to take over the game, those duties used to fall to a former player of ours but Jose wants Eden to be the main man and now we are seeing more of the Eden that takes people on whenever he gets the ball