Eden Hazard

the wes

LOL. They said the same thing after Ronaldo.

they said the same thing after zidane.

They said the same thing after Ronaldinho.

they said the same thing after Landrup.

etc, etc.

Players come and go. Especially with the media influence getting stronger and stronger, players in the future will be touted as "once in a generation." talent. After Messi and Ronaldo, Im sure a few youngn's will take over the mantle quite admirably.

No offense, but those references you've mentioned bare no relevance to this argument at all when talking about standards being set and records being broke. Cristiano Ronaldo has the athleticism that keeps him fit and can reasonably be labeled as the better Ronaldo when compared to his 'phonomeno' counter part. Zidane to this day is the most graceful and influential player in history so I don't really know where you're going with this. Ronaldinho had a short prime so can no where near be placed as a once in a generation when his party life affected when he had the potential to be so much more. Laudrup is still the greatest passer in history so again, don't know where you're going with that. The records Messi and Ronaldo broke set a new standard in world football, standards that were never met in the past or even close present. It took almost 40 years for Mullers goal scoring record to be broken and it has taken 100 years for an individual to score against every club in La Liga in one season. These two players set a new level in football that IN MY OPINION ( bust out 'LOL's' all you want to make your argument seem more factual) wont be matched for some while.

No offense, but those references you've mentioned bare no relevance to this argument at all when talking about standards being set and records being broke. Cristiano Ronaldo has the athleticism that keeps him fit and can reasonably be labeled as the better Ronaldo when compared to his 'phonomeno' counter part. Zidane to this day is the most graceful and influential player in history so I don't really know where you're going with this. Ronaldinho had a short prime so can no where near be placed as a once in a generation when his party life affected when he had the potential to be so much more. Laudrup is still the greatest passer in history so again, don't know where you're going with that. The records Messi and Ronaldo broke set a new standard in world football, standards that were never met in the past or even close present. It took almost 40 years for Mullers goal scoring record to be broken and it has taken 100 years for an individual to score against every club in La Liga in one season. These two players set a new level in football that IN MY OPINION ( bust out 'LOL's' all you want to make your argument seem more factual) wont be matched for some while.

What standards.

The fact they have inflated stats. You mean those standards right?

The fact they take every FK (cristiano), Pk, etc.

The fact that Refs protect them and make sure they are untouchable right? Those standards right...

The fact they play every game and all 90 mins right.

I guess when Klose beats Ronaldo wc record he's a goat too..

Also, are you really comparing athleticism. Ronaldo has pure psychical attributes Cristiano can dream of.. Cristiano might have better workout habits and nutrition/sports science knowledge and resources, but pure athleticism (besides vertical) he does not.

You need a history lesson.

Yea thats right. Thats when hes 19 and played for a lesser Barcelona team than Messi current team.

Please dont ever say Cristiano is better or on par with Ronaldo again.. Unless your a little kid that never witness the real Ronaldo, the best talent football has ever seen like the Skipper who tends to comments on players he wasnt born to see.

Conclusion: Records are meant to be broken and new young players will come up and be considered great. After Messi and Ronaldo, a new crop will arise and the younger generation will idolize them.....In addition, with media influence, players will always look better than they really are.. I do agree that their goal record is rather impressive, however, the circumstances allowed them to both flourished. Given the right system and time, players will be able to replicate it or better it....

Check the year before when he was actually 22 (feb 1985). Also, check the years before. He only exploded for real (superstar wise) in his last season. Year 2005-2006 he only managed 8 goals , 8 assists. Hazard did just as good, stats wise in Lille (21 goals at 20 years old vs 22 from a 22 year old Ronaldo). Wiki will have to do , your rudeness makes me lazy.

As I said, Messi was already nearing superstardom at that age, but NOT the year before. He was Hazard-like at 20-21.
So OUCH - contextualize your stats a bit. Also, don't be so arrogant. It is uncalled for.

I'm arrogant? Let me requote you and see who's arrogant: But i can't be fucked to do it again so one of the mongrels on here just decides not to read it and thinks his opinion is far superior. Booyah.

As I said, Messi was already nearing superstardom at that age, but NOT the year before. He was Hazard-like at 20-21.

Now to answer on the content, rather than on the namecalling:

Messi was born 24/6/1987. So I assume you agree that his age is 21 in season 2008-2009 & 22 in season 2009-2010.

Season 2008-2009 (age 21): 38 goals & 18 assists in 51 matches

Season 2009-2010 (age 22): 47 goals & 11 assists in 53 matches

Ronaldo:

Season 2006-2007 (age 21-22): 23 goals & 19 assists in 53 matches

Season 2007-2008 (age 22-23): 42 goals & 8 assists in 49 matches

So please give up on trying to compare Hazard in terms of stats to Messi & Ronaldo, at no matter what age.

There's no point. Hazard is an exceptional player who we all love but if you believe that he will one day score and assist as much as these two superhumans, you will only end up frustrated.

Just enjoy Hazard's style and stop counting :)

What standards.

The fact they have inflated stats. You mean those standards right?

The fact they take every FK (cristiano), Pk, etc.

The fact that Refs protect them and make sure they are untouchable right? Those standards right...

The fact they play every game and all 90 mins right.

I guess when Klose beats Ronaldo wc record he's a goat too..

Also, are you really comparing athleticism. Ronaldo has pure psychical attributes Cristiano can dream of.. Cristiano might have better workout habits and nutrition/sports science knowledge and resources, but pure athleticism (besides vertical) he does not.

You need a history lesson.

Yea thats right. Thats when hes 19 and played for a lesser Barcelona team than Messi current team.

Please dont ever say Cristiano is better or on par with Ronaldo again.. Unless your a little kid that never witness the real Ronaldo, the best talent football has ever seen like the Skipper who tends to comments on players he wasnt born to see.

Conclusion: Records are meant to be broken and new young players will come up and be considered great. After Messi and Ronaldo, a new crop will arise and the younger generation will idolize them.....In addition, with media influence, players will always look better than they really are.. I do agree that their goal record is rather impressive, however, the circumstances allowed them to both flourished. Given the right system and time, players will be able to replicate it or better it....

Trying to rationalize Messi's & Cristiano's stats & records ... Most pathetic post I ever read on this forum. Congratulations.

Trying to rationalize Messi's & Cristiano's stats & records ... Most pathetic post I ever read on this forum. Congratulations.

I'm wrong that they have inflated stats?

Maybe you should go back to the KDB thread and make more dumb posts.

You have serious problems.

I don't think it's outrageous at all for anyone to say C. Ronaldo is/will be as legendary as El Fenomeno.

You have serious problems.

I don't think it's outrageous at all for anyone to say C. Ronaldo is/will be as legendary as El Fenomeno.

Sry brah, no one thinks Cristiano can tie Ronaldo's boots...

Maybe little kids cause they never saw him play. However, if you are born in the 80s or prior, prob. not.

Sry brah, no one thinks Cristiano can tie Ronaldo's boots...

Maybe little kids cause they never saw him play. However, if you are born in the 80s or prior, prob. not.

When it comes to pure footballing ability, of course C. Ronaldo isn't on the same level, but C. Ronaldo is a machine athletically, something El Fenomeno wasn't.

I've seen enough of El Fenomeno to know how good he was - you don't need to be born in the 80s to have watched him play regularly. You don't need to be 30+ to have watched him play.

You really need to stop thinking you know it just because you're a bit older than a few on the forum.

When it comes to pure footballing ability, of course C. Ronaldo isn't on the same level, but C. Ronaldo is a machine athletically, something El Fenomeno wasn't.

I've seen enough of El Fenomeno to know how good he is - you don't need to be born in the 80s to have watched him play regularly. You don't need to be 30+ to have watched him play.

You really need to stop thinking you know it just because you're a bit older than a few on the forum.

Are you serious.

Ronaldo was one of the best athletes in football. Just cause he doesnt have a six pack doesnt mean he wasnt a good athlete.

Ronaldo was strong, fast, nimble and incredible balance. What part of a athlete was Ronaldo not?

Please tell me. Only thing I give Cristiano over Ronaldo is vertical (+heading ability).

Now, if you said if Ronaldo has better conditioning, ok than...

Better athlete, I dont think so. Ronaldo was a superior athlete during his time and would be today.

Are you serious.

Ronaldo was one of the best athletes in football. Just cause he doesnt have a six pack doesnt mean he wasnt a good athlete.

Ronaldo was strong, fast, nimble and incredible balance. What part of a athlete was Ronaldo not?

Please tell me. Only thing I give Cristiano over Ronaldo is vertical (+heading ability).

Now, if you said if Ronaldo has better conditioning, ok than...

Better athlete, I dont think so. Ronaldo was a superior athlete during his time and would be today.

Well, we obviously have different definition of the word athlete. Yeah El Fenomeno had greater balance, agility than C. Ronaldo but to say that that makes him a better athlete than C. Ronaldo is almost like saying Messi is a better athlete than C. Ronaldo too because Messi too has better agility and balance than C. Ronaldo.

El Fenomeno was a great athlete yes, the combination of his acceleration, agility, strength and footballing ability was excellent, legendary even, but to say that C. Ronaldo is a lesser athlete than him just doesn't sit right with me.

In my opinion, In a straight sprint for a ball over the top C. Ronaldo would beat him. In a pure shoulder to shoulder contest for the ball Cristiano would beat him too. With verticals as you mentioned it would be the same. The fact that Cristiano is barely ever injured is also another testament to the great athlete he is. I can see where you're coming from with El Fenomeno being a great athlete - I agree with you - but better than Cristiano? I really don't think so.

They will both go down as two of the best footballers to have ever played.

Check the year before when he was actually 22 (feb 1985). Also, check the years before. He only exploded for real (superstar wise) in his last season. Year 2005-2006 he only managed 8 goals , 8 assists. Hazard did just as good, stats wise in Lille (21 goals at 20 years old vs 22 from a 22 year old Ronaldo). Wiki will have to do , your rudeness makes me lazy.

So OUCH - contextualize your stats a bit. Also, don't be so arrogant. It is uncalled for.

I'm arrogant? Let me requote you and see who's arrogant: But i can't be fucked to do it again so one of the mongrels on here just decides not to read it and thinks his opinion is far superior. Booyah.

1. That was a general remark. I am on here a lil longer than you and i have an issue with every post beginning with 'idiot' or 'that is the dumbest post on the forum' or whatever. It isnot arrogance, it is disappointment. The forum has gone downhill I fear.

2. Yes, you are. Almost every post you put is combative and a lot of them start with namecalling.

3. I love the debate about stats - but the initial point was that CR7 and Messi were already wc class at 22. I claimed their contextualised stats didnt merit that title just yet.

Well, we obviously have different definition of the word athlete. Yeah El Fenomeno had greater balance, agility than C. Ronaldo but to say that that makes him a better athlete than C. Ronaldo is almost like saying Messi is a better athlete than C. Ronaldo too because Messi too has better agility and balance than C. Ronaldo.

El Fenomeno was a great athlete yes, the combination of his acceleration, agility, strength and footballing ability was excellent, legendary even, but to say that C. Ronaldo is a lesser athlete than him just doesn't sit right with me.

In my opinion, In a straight sprint for a ball over the top C. Ronaldo would beat him. In a pure shoulder to shoulder contest for the ball Cristiano would be him too. With verticals as you mentioned it would be the same. The fact that Cristiano is barely ever injured is also another testament to the great athlete he is. I can see where you're coming from with El Fenomeno being a great athlete - I agree with you - but better than Cristiano? I really don't think so.

They will both go down as one of the best footballers to have ever played.

So, hes a better athlete cause he has a better vertical?

Top speed is maybe debatable and than what else?

Also, back to the original debate, what attributes is Cristiano better than Ronaldo?

Vertical(heading)

Conditioning.

What else, please let me know...

Anyways, Ill leave this debate for another time.