Eden Hazard

the wes

That video doesn't prove anything. Free-kicks and corners are about good consistent deliveries, not once in a lifetime screamers. Regardless, he's got enough chances with Chelsea and hasn't shown much at all, especially on corners.

Tbf, Hazard is much lower in the pecking order when it comes to taking free kicks, and he hasn't had too many chances to impress. You often see a David Luiz or Mata step up to take one. Not complaining though,..when you look at David's technique.

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20130725_00671105

Hazard interview in dutch:

Hazard : "Mourinho's counting on me."

The Asian Tour ,that ended yesterday in Jakarta, has made it clear that Eden Hazard will be one of Mourinho's key players

" He hasn't told me i would be one of the best players in the world " Tells Eden Hazard. " Not yet. "

Interviewer: In your first year PL you've become a lot physically stronger. No ? Gained a couple punds of muscles ?

Hazard : You think ? Maybe my jersey just shrank a little. (smiles) No seriously, Ive worked very hard and i keep working hard. It's hard not to with this manager.

It's really hard and difficult work also because of the heat ofcourse. But i think that we're having an excellent preseason. There's still a couple of players that need to join up with the team, but there's a lot of talent in this group.

interviewer: How was it to meet the Special One, who you were looking forward to meet ?

Hazard : I thought he was the Happy One now ? Ofcourse i was looking forward to meeting a manager with so many success. I have to say it's been quite good. It's hard work but he also makes alot of fun. He's also very direct about what he wants.

interviewer: Last season you said that with Chelsea a whole new world opened up for you. Now your one of their stars.

Hazard: Well i'll try to do better then last season. It's an important season for the club ,with Mourinho's arrival, and also for me. With the World Cup coming up. but in all fairness every season is important.

interviewer: Mourinho seems to have let it slip that you were going to be one of his most important players.

Hazard: Really ? Only thing he told me that he was counting on me. It's now on me to take the next step and improve.

interviewer : It's clear that you have a different status in the team, no ?

Hazard : Well that's normal last season i arrived here as a baby (a little kid). Now i'm a fully matured man ! (smiles)

interviewer: When Mourinho first came to Chelsea he told Frank Lampard that he was the greatest midfielder in the world. Lampard then reached new heights in his performance level.

Did Mourinho tell you something similar ?

Hazard: He hasn't told me anything like that. Not yet !

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/27/jose-mourinho-special-chelsea

"A creative player has to use his ability and, if he loses the ball trying to create or score a goal, no problem. If he's just having fun, though, and loses the ball in midfield and then doesn't defend, and the team concede, that's a problem. These guys have to go out there to produce, not have fun or look to humiliate an opponent, putting the ball through their legs. It's about being respectful and having objectives.

"We've had Joe, Robben and Duff, Cristiano Ronaldo, Angel di María and Mesut Ozil … with me [at Real Madrid], players like Eden Hazard will have freedom. The kid has a lot of talent, but it's about what he does next. He has to go from a great talent to great numbers: how many goals, how many assists, how many winning goals, how many goals in big matches. Football is about numbers in a very pragmatic way. I'm ready to help him, I'm ready to work with him. And he must be ready too."

And Eden and Thorgan's grandfather passed away earlier today.

John Chapman @BelgoFoot 51m

Thorgan Hazard’s goal tonight - dedicated to his grandfather who died earlier today - http://www.rtbf.be/video/emissions/detail_football?pid=84

So there might be a possibility he won't feature in the US tour, at least for first few matches perhaps.

Def looks like Mou is going to be hard on Hazard and expect more goals from him. It'll be tough for him for sure because I don't think he's much of a goal-scorer at the moment. He def has to work hard in that department. Let's just hope he'll be able to rise to the challenge and put in the work.

Def looks like Mou is going to be hard on Hazard and expect more goals from him. It'll be tough for him for sure because I don't think he's much of a goal-scorer at the moment. He def has to work hard in that department. Let's just hope he'll be able to rise to the challenge and put in the work.

He has the greatest goal scoring midfielder in history as a teammate, I'm sure he can pick up some tips ;)

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20130725_00671105

Hazard interview in dutch:

Hazard : "Mourinho's counting on me."

The Asian Tour ,that ended yesterday in Jakarta, has made it clear that Eden Hazard will be one of Mourinho's key players

" He hasn't told me i would be one of the best players in the world " Tells Eden Hazard. " Not yet. "

Interviewer: In your first year PL you've become a lot physically stronger. No ? Gained a couple punds of muscles ?

Hazard : You think ? Maybe my jersey just shrank a little. (smiles) No seriously, Ive worked very hard and i keep working hard. It's hard not to with this manager.

It's really hard and difficult work also because of the heat ofcourse. But i think that we're having an excellent preseason. There's still a couple of players that need to join up with the team, but there's a lot of talent in this group.

interviewer: How was it to meet the Special One, who you were looking forward to meet ?

Hazard : I thought he was the Happy One now ? Of course i was looking forward to meeting a manager with so many success. I have to say it's been quite good. It's hard work but he also makes alot of fun. He's also very direct about what he wants.

interviewer: Last season you said that with Chelsea a whole new world opened up for you. Now your one of their stars.

Hazard: Well i'll try to do better then last season. It's an important season for the club ,with Mourinho's arrival, and also for me. With the World Cup coming up. but in all fairness every season is important.

interviewer: Mourinho seems to have let it slip that you were going to be one of his most important players.

Hazard: Really ? Only thing he told me that he was counting on me. It's now on me to take the next step and improve.

interviewer : It's clear that you have a different status in the team, no ?

Hazard : Well that's normal last season i arrived here as a baby (a little kid). Now i'm a fully matured man ! (smiles)

interviewer: When Mourinho first came to Chelsea he told Frank Lampard that he was the greatest midfielder in the world. Lampard then reached new heights in his performance level.

Did Mourinho tell you something similar ?

Hazard: He hasn't told me anything like that. Not yet !

Thanks a lot for that, I really appreciate it.

You just have to love Eden. He's amusing and cute and nice. I love him - for his personality and his capability as a football player.

The bold parts are my fave. He made me smile

There were some games where he is absolutely unplayable - West Ham last season. That needs to happen more often

I have no doubts it'll happen quite more often. And it's only going to progress as seasons go by. Mourinho is the best thing that happened to Eden and Eden is the best player Mourinho could find in the team. And Chelsea will benefit from both and the combination of both for years to come.

Thanks a lot for that, I really appreciate it.

You just have to love Eden. He's amusing and cute and nice. I love him - for his personality and his capability as a football player.

The bold parts are my fave. He made me smile

I have no doubts it'll happen quite more often. And it's only going to progress as seasons go by. Mourinho is the best thing that happened to Eden and Eden is the best player Mourinho could find in the team. And Chelsea will benefit from both and the combination of both for years to come.

No problem. Happy to share the Hazard love :D

Good. I love Hazard but he really does need a kick up the ass from time to time. :D I think it'll do good having someone push him.

"A creative player has to use his ability and, if he loses the ball trying to create or score a goal, no problem. If he's just having fun, though, and loses the ball in midfield and then doesn't defend, and the team concede, that's a problem. These guys have to go out there to produce, not have fun or look to humiliate an opponent, putting the ball through their legs. It's about being respectful and having objectives. "We've had Joe, Robben and Duff, Cristiano Ronaldo, Angel di María and Mesut Ozil … with me [at Real Madrid], players like Eden Hazard will have freedom. The kid has a lot of talent, but it's about what he does next. He has to go from a great talent to great numbers: how many goals, how many assists, how many winning goals, how many goals in big matches. Football is about numbers in a very pragmatic way. I'm ready to help him, I'm ready to work with him. And he must be ready too."

Great to know mourinho is desperate to get what i want out of hazard, MORE GOALS!!!