Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Eden Hazard

DavidEU
Followers 9

Penalty kicks: How do you guys feel about Eden's style of waiting for the keeper to commit and placing it compared to Frank's style of picking a spot and blasting it in?

Eden's style takes a lot of nerve, confidence & technique. If one of those 3 qualities are off, impossible to score the penalty. If the qualities are all there in a consistent way, like is the case for Hazard, the penalty is a 100% success guarantee.

So I prefer Eden's style IF a player has the quality to do so.

In all other cases, don't even bother, just pick a spot and go for it.

• Like 3
  • Replies 26.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son with Eden today [emoji7]

I hate Eden Hazard because he hasn't already scored 200 goals for Chelsea and he because was bought for £32 million and because other people like him and because other people hate him and because he h

Posted Images

Penalty kicks: How do you guys feel about Eden's style of waiting for the keeper to commit and placing it compared to Frank's style of picking a spot and blasting it in?

P.S. Im not aiming for an anti lampard campaign here. Im just curious. Personally I prefer Lamps's style but Eden's been 100% conversion rate so who am i to judge...

His gaze was set at the GK and he only had a slight glance at the ball before placing it. So many things could go wrong when one opt for that technique.

The commentator said only the best players can nail such a method and rightly so.

It's only a matter of time I guess. Jose didn't buy him to be a squad player.

You can never be too sure. He bought Coentrao for 30m euros as back up to Marcelo. And I hope to God that you are right because Azpi, for all his great defensive output, is truly shocking going forward. Luis offer far better balance between attack and defence.

P.S. Im not aiming for an anti lampard campaign here. Im just curious. Personally I prefer Lamps's style but Eden's been 100% conversion rate so who am i to judge...

prefer power but ABA anyway but Anelka

Think of how many times opposition defenders slip and fall when Hazard twists and turns. Seems to happen everytime. Never seen a Chelsea player do that to the opposition before. Not even the likes of Zola or Robben.

• Like 3

I prefer Eden's style. It's so beautiful and requires more skill than just blasting it in somewhere.

Indeed, and he never missed since he used that look at keeper instead of the ball kick.

• Like 1

Think of how many times opposition defenders slip and fall when Hazard twists and turns. Seems to happen everytime. Never seen a Chelsea player do that to the opposition before. Not even the likes of Zola or Robben.

Indeed, he is very very tough to defend to.

Excellent player that hazard.

If Messi and Ronaldo didn't exist or stayed at the level they were around 2006, no one would be saying Hazard isn't playing well enough consistently.

If he can get a further level then brilliant, but if he can give us a decade at this current level then that's more than good enough and we will win many trophies because of that.

• Like 1

in terms of goals his season is really awful but i think if he continues like that he can score many penalties , Neymar is better this season , everybody is going to say Neymar is better but i don't care

Great game vs arsenal. Someone wrote he plays like iniesta, dribbling and close control may be but hazard scores more but gets less assists and hazard is less technical than iniesta but more powerful. For now that's how I view him too like an EPL version of iniesta.

• Like 1

Usually starts scoring more and more goals as the season progresses... Was absolutely magnificent from about November onwards last season, without really playing well at all before that. Still think its f'd up how he's only scored 2 goals since the 6-0 game :blink:

But, I can only see him getting better from here on in. Brilliant Eden :yes:

• Like 1

Usually starts scoring more and more goals as the season progresses... Was absolutely magnificent from about November onwards last season, without really playing well at all before that. Still think its f'd up how he's only scored 2 goals since the 6-0 game :blink:

But, I can only see him getting better from here on in. Brilliant Eden :yes:

Yea, kind of dried up in goals but not in performance levels. He's taken it up a notch this season