Eden Hazard

the wes

He isn't wrong. I would like to know exactly what Rafa says before they leave for the pitch in terms of instilling into them confidence, telling them sleeves up and get at em etc.

Mourinho would of had rockets up their arses before this one, not a stone left unturned but Rafa doesn't fill me with that.

yeah well,

I'd rather have him saying the truth than Rafa spewing some lame ass window dressing shit as usual.

Also, I think it might mean he thought there wasn't enough 'bravery', 'courage', 'heart' ... much more than sheer physical presence, body or height. E.g. Mikel isn't exactly a small guy .... he just isn't a warrior by heart.

They should have stood up against the Man City midfield, not scurry away or fear a good duel .... Touré had a blast sometimes.

yeah well,

I'd rather have him saying the truth than Rafa spewing some lame ass window dressing shit as usual.

'The window dressing' as you put it, is part & parcel of maintaining the clubs image. If you have players spouting stuff like "we we're frightened!" of tiny clubs like City, it sends out all the wrong messages. Essentially you have to be aware of how certain 'soundbites' can and will be taken out of context, regardless of intent.

Sorry, it was in the Netherlands. It's called Frisian.

Example:

English

Good butter and good cheese.

Frisian

Goed bûter en goed tsiis.

Yep. Friesland is part of Schleswig Holstein and Niedersachsen in Germany and North Holland in NED. They do not consider themselves as German or Dutch cos they are of British and Scandinavian decent. a bit like Britain and the Isle of Man or Australia and Tasmania (?)

Eden Hazard: "We were frightened of City in the first half"

Frightened of what? Premier League Champions on goal difference that got knocked out of Europe in the group stage? We've taken down the possibly the greatest side in history last year, won the European Cup, no fear should lie in the eyes of anyone in this club. I know Hazard is only barley an adult, but was there any motivation in the squad what so ever for the first half? What the fuck did Rafa tell them before the game?

Yep. Friesland is part of Schleswig Holstein and Niedersachsen in Germany and North Holland in NED. They do not consider themselves as German or Dutch cos they are of British and Scandinavian decent. a bit like Britain and the Isle of Man or Australia and Tasmania (?)

Haha, Tasmania. They think they are Australians (and they are), but people from real Australia always pick on them.

'The window dressing' as you put it, is part & parcel of maintaining the clubs image. If you have players spouting stuff like "we we're frightened!" of tiny clubs like City, it sends out all the wrong messages. Essentially you have to be aware of how certain 'soundbites' can and will be taken out of context, regardless of intent.

I agree ... maar 'on avait peur' in French is actually different from the english we were frightened ...

So that translation/meaning thingy also plays along, I guess.

Think Hazard's words are being misinterpreted by some.

His words don't really mean being scared or frightend but more along the lines of showing to much respect.

Even worse!..

That's like what a 'Stoke City' or a 'Brentford' player would say about Chelsea. A Chelsea player shouldn't be saying that about fucking Man-City!..

It would only be a 'little' acceptable if it was said about the mighty Barcelona, but even then.. still unacceptable for an elite club like us.

Even worse!..

That's like what a 'Stoke City' or a 'Brentford' player would say about Chelsea. A Chelsea player shouldn't be saying that about fucking Man-City!..

It would only be a 'little' acceptable if it was said about the mighty Barcelona, but even then.. still unacceptable for an elite club like us.

Yes ... The horror! Lets sell the fucker!

:Goober:

Maybe ... Just maybe, the effect of his communication on the fighting spirit of team will be bigger than the hurt it does to our petty honour... Just maybe, I would have expected one of the legends go all: "WTF! This is Chelsea!!! NOOO MOORE! Nobody does this the fuck to us!!!"

But there was only silence and a newbie that dares to say what we actually all thought ( just look at the threads). Even when what he said hurts a bit 'cause we know it is true.