Eden Hazard

the wes

he's stated he wants number 10 shirt

Alright I give up. My last post on this number 10 shirt bullshit, but yet yet yet again : Give me a link, anything where he says that, it's ridiculous how this has become a truth all of a sudden. Again let me quote

That quote was ridiculous and it didn't even stem from Hazard's demand nor anything. Basically what happened was Wilmots (the new national team coach ad interim, since the old one left his job out of the blue) decided to give him the nr 10 jersey/role since Wilmots rates him pretty high and the Belgium team needed a proper number 10 desperately.

He used to play as a winger/benchwarmer under the previous coach.Wilmots said he watched Hazard at Lille this season and saw him flourish in that more central role. Then medias asked Hazard directly and he confirmed he likes the position. That's about it. He didn't even mention wanting the number 10 role at Chelsea/United/City.

Of course the spin put on the whole story by the brit medias makes it more fun.That being said, he clearly enjoys the fact he can afford to pick between 3 big PL clubs and can't deny he comes accross as an annoying brat.

Hell, you just have to read beyond the title of the bullshit article that started this to see he didn't demand the #10 on his new team but was simply talking about how great it was to play that for Belgium.

http://www.dailymail...eams-No-10.html

Exiting times, I thought he was a City player, I had given up hope. Incredible...

:doh:

Not even the great Raul has his famous number 7 shirt retired at Madrid, ffs. If we retired numbers that easily we wouldn't have any left.

Never really understood the "retiring jerseys" deal.

Isn't it better if the great players that wore those numbers pass on their legacy through it ?

Dunno, just personally would rather see Hulk in number 11. Just see a bit of Drogba in Hulk (yea, because of his physique).

No real concrete reason really

Fair enough.

He's not a great big African striker, thats why. Lukaku should be next :P

:lol: I personally just think 11 would look good on him :P

tumblr_m3e903UHDC1qd2kxpo1_500.gif

tumblr_m3e903UHDC1qd2kxpo2_500.gif

Watching many clips of him, can clearly notice he loves doing this trick.

Exiting times, I thought he was a City player, I had given up hope. Incredible...

:doh:

Not even the great Raul has his famous number 7 shirt retired at Madrid, ffs. If we retired numbers that easily we wouldn't have any left.

I forgot to mention that the #11 should better be retired than given to a guy who hasn't proved that he deserve it yet.

Hazard should take #14 or something.

Anyway, I don't think that Real Madrid are the best example of how a club should treat it's legends. I remember that they didn't show so much respect to Raul when they let him go to Schalke.

Retiring a number is a big sign of respect for a player. Milan retired #6 and #3, for example.

I forgot to mention that the #11 should better be retired than given to a guy who hasn't proved that he deserve it yet.

Hazard should take #14 or something.

It's just a number lol.

So when Terry, JT, Cole and Cech leave, we can't give their numbers to someone else until they "deserve" it?

Honestly, 78 million is too much to spend on a unproven player.

unproven? Made his debut at 16, was a starter at 17 and in the 4 years that he was a starter for Lille he won most talented player of the year twice in a row and won player of the year twice in a row aswell.(youngest player to win player of the year) He won the double with Lille (was over 50 years since they had won anything) and this season he carried Lille on his own to a third spot and CL. Name me a 21 y old thats more proven then Eden.

I agree he should have #14

Goodbye Drogba,Kalou,Malouda,Bosingwa welcome Torres,Hazard,Hulk ! :dance: :dance: :dance:

My understanding (rumored) is that Malouda has been given an extension..

Rather Kalou given one though