Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Eden Hazard

DavidEU
Followers 9

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

I think you will find he was the most fouled player in Europe whilst with us for virtually every season he was here. Some years, it was by a ridiculously long margin and those where the fouls given and not the ones allowed to run on. 

Just because he didn't flop to the ground and rolled around like he was Limp Bizkit's biggest fan, doesn't mean he wasn't kicked up in the air. 

Well, I think everyone was half expecting it with Hazard as he has never been one to keep himself in great condition. For me, it is twofold: 

1) Lack of conditioning/application to training throughout his career has come back to bite him. 

2) The fouls he has had put on him have finally caught up.

The only way I am surprised is that it has happened so early. I thought he would get to a Rooney cliff edge at about 30/31 like he did, not at 28/29. 

Most fouls yes he got that quite a lot. But doesnt mean every foul was a horrendous tackle. Or explain the muscle injuries.

For me its an excuse to cover the fact hes always been a poor trainer (look who has all said it about him, Mourinho, Mikel, JT) and what has happened to him at Real would of happened here so in hindsight getting rid of him was the right move.

Plus he lacks the mentality to play for a Real or a Barcelona, have always felt that, just isnt ruthless enough. They want to be the very best (maybe just now isnt best time to make this comparison but still) which is why guys like Ronaldo, Messi, Bale, Suarez, Neymar have all been hugely successful there. Because mentally they wanted to be the best players in the world or better than player X, Y or Z. 

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I know, I know. Am just curious if it would have turned out that way had he stayed, because the drop had been quite sudden. 

I think it would of happened here in all honesty. So that deal we sold him for looks better and better every time I see hes out injured or that Zidane can’t explain what is wrong with him. 

8 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Curious to see a timeline where Hazard didn't have to play his career with average feckers like Willian, Moses and Pedro.

The thing is, average players or not, he played his best football of his career here and when he retires he will probably acknowledge that himself. Everyone always said he needed better players etc but his performances for Belgium (look at their squad) also havent trumped some of the performances he put in here with less talented players. But nobody mentions that either. Realistically hes 30, he probably has 3 or 4 more years in him at a higher level before he will fade off but even then I think hes pretty much done in terms of the level of player he was here. He will never be mentioned as a top 10 player in the world unless he does something huge.

• Replies 26.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My son with Eden today [emoji7]

I hate Eden Hazard because he hasn't already scored 200 goals for Chelsea and he because was bought for £32 million and because other people like him and because other people hate him and because he h

Posted Images

21 hours ago, Jason said:

Doesn't explain all the muscle injuries he's gotten. 

Yes it does. According to some doctors, he has to run differently nowadays due to his pain in his ankle. That different running technique is not good for his muscles because it overloads his muscles and they get injured all the time

Just now, killer1257 said:

Yes it does. According to some doctors, he has to run differently nowadays due to his pain in his ankle. That different running technique is not good for his muscles because it overloads his muscles and they get injured all the time

That is such a strange analysis. Is this actually a fact or something you conjured up? His muscular injuries have more to do with a combination of poor offseason preparation and recovery. 

1 minute ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That is such a strange analysis. Is this actually a fact or something you conjured up? His muscular injuries have more to do with a combination of poor offseason preparation and recovery. 

https://www.marca.com/en/football/real-madrid/2021/03/16/604fe77a22601d3e638b45ec.html

Bad running technique causes many injuries. I speak from experience

yes, niggling injuries can play a part in muscle injuries, but I guess the question here is how much. Personal opinion, not a whole lot.

And it's not just the training, or lack thereof, but stuff like this

"confessing that he was carrying an extra 5kg in weight when he touched down in Madrid. "It's true," Hazard told L'Equipe. "I'm not going to hide it, but when I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation."

Carrying extra weight (being unfit) is the #1 reason for muscle injuries. Hamstring is known as a the "coming back injury" for ex.

Edited by robsblubot
23 minutes ago, robsblubot said:

yes, niggling injuries can play a part in muscle injuries, but I guess the question here is how much. Personal opinion, not a whole lot.

And it's not just the training, or lack thereof, but stuff like this

"confessing that he was carrying an extra 5kg in weight when he touched down in Madrid. "It's true," Hazard told L'Equipe. "I'm not going to hide it, but when I'm on vacation, I'm on vacation."

Carrying extra weight (being unfit) is the #1 reason for muscle injuries. Hamstring is known as a the "coming back injury" for ex.

Think what is clear is that Hazard got into football for the fun, the entertainment side of things. He has all the talent to be right at the very top but he just isn't committed to do that. 

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance he could travel with the Madrid squad, even if unfit?

Would have been nice if he was on the Stamford Bridge pitch to get his return,..and also nicer if there were fans to welcome him.

He was in training before the Liverpool game. Hope he is involved because all the pre-match attention will be on him.

Funnily, no one has mentioned Courtois since the draw was made - it's all been about Eden