Eden Hazard

the wes

I am happy we have a manager that has the balls to bench his star player.

Carlo when asked about a disagreement between Bale and Ronaldo on who takes the freekicks answered: " Ronaldo is the boss, if he wants to give the freekick to Bale, Bale can take it."

Do you want a manager that has no balls to punish their star player, even when they are under performing or acts like the king?

This worked before after the Atletico game.

And don't tell me about the love story between Ivanovic and Jose. If we got Stones/Marquinhos back in August/or kept Filipe, he'd have benched Ivanovic already. Baba is just not ready yet.

Same goes for Cesc, no decent replacement for him. Remove him from our team and we will struggle to create even more.

Every other player has been punished: JT, Cahill, Matic, Eden, Falcao (not selected twice), Oscar. There are no untouchables, the problem is quality depth.

And no, an alpha does not run away from his responsibilities and problems. A beta does.

I agree on benching him, but later making those comments wasn't the wisest idea, you do one or the other, not both.

Hazard does fine defending, how many goals have we conceded from his side?

Pls Sanchez has two lungs he is like Willian in terms of work rate, he will never be like him in that sense.

People should appreciate our players for what they bring, there is a lot to like about Hazard for example. And stop making unrealistic comparison to other players.

Thank you. Not a single Barca fan shed a tear when Sanchez left. He did well but he never shone. I rarely heard/read his name when discussing the best players in the world. He joins Arsenal, gets played to his strengths and all of a sudden the whole world sees there's a lot to like about Sanchez.

It's to be expected though, thinking about it. Sanchez recently blew up so annoyances grow when looking at Hazard's form. I hope he kicks on soon. He's the type of player that can lift the team rather than just shine on his own. And this Hazard is boring.

Yeah, it might send a message to the group, it might rile the player up, but Hazard is the kind of player that can win you a match in a moment of magic. Only Cesc has that ability with a brilliant through pass (how I miss those, btw), and even then Hazard is much more influencing, important and talented.

So while I don't have a big problem with him being benched today (especially because I think this is going to be a one-time thing), I think it was a mistake and I think what José said afterwards might be an even bigger mistake.

But I also disagree with people saying the problem is Chelsea or Mourinho, except for one good game for Belgium, Hazard hasn't played well at all during the two international breaks. He's in a slump, but especially given the fact he's was coming from his best game of the season - that happened to be with the NT - José had one more reason to play him, so he could carry on from that. Now instead his spirit might be a little bit broken... huge assessment mistake by Mourinho imo.

I agree on benching him, but later making those comments wasn't the wisest idea, you do one or the other, not both.

Just a way to trigger him, worked before after the Atletico game.

"Eden is not ready to sacrifice himself for the team" The comments today were basically the same.

Just because he carried us and was the best player does not mean you can now relax and sit back. He was rewarded with a new contract and is the best paid /one of the best player. He has responsibilities but he is simply hiding this season in attack, and maybe also lazy in defending.

Hazard can't be like Messi, like Ronaldo and like Sanchez. It's impossible. Hazard will never have an engine like and the drive of Sanchez, that's where Sanchez's strength lies. It's the same as saying Sanchez should be capable of ghosting past players in the tightest areas, create chances at will and possess the same calm and vision as Hazard. He can't do those things.

Hazard is in the Silva, Iniesta, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Figo bracket in terms of style and role within a team.

Exactly, I didn't ask for him to be messi though.

But if you look closely, all these similar players to hazard you brought out are all central attacking midfielders. That's why I advocated before that Hazard would be a beast behind the striker, wingers are more work horses bar messi who moves about.

If Jose cant incorporate a Hazard ,, a Mata or KDB .. who the fuck can he use Pele and Maradonna are past it . I was going to suggest Platini but he is under a ban ... he wouldnt like Messi or Ronaldo ..

the January window should be interesting .

I remember you often comparing him to Messi though. But my point was that you could look at any top player and wish he had this or that. But he can do things others can't.

Iniesta, Silva, Ronaldinho and Figo are all wide playmakers. Iniesta was a CM on paper but his role for Barca was practically the same as his role for Spain. Between a wide man and #10, constantly roaming. Same goes for Zidane. At Real anyway. 4-4-2, Zidane on the left in a free role. Very similar to Hazard.

Silva only recently moved into the #10 position, but he constantly moves into wide positions so another free role.

I honestly don't think Hazard's work rate and defending is bad. Far from it actually. He's better than Neymar and Bale in this for example, comparable to Robben and Reus. They seem to do fine for their teams. But he's no workhorse, definitely.

Strange comments considering Chelsea's right flank is the side that is constantly exposed. I didn't mind Hazard being benched at all tbh, but the comments are ridiculous. And you know what else cures conceding goals? Striking fear into your opponents by cutting them open and scoring goals.

I dont like players like Iniesta, Silva and ozil to be my wingers, so it seems we have different preferences there.

How did we get to this point where it seems like I'm defending Mourinho's statement?? I'm not, Mourinho is wrong

The only reason why this is being discussed is because attacking wise, he isn't delivering if not we would have overlooked everything else because he's so good on form.

I dont like players like Iniesta, Silva and ozil to be my wingers, so it seems we have different preferences there.

How did we get to this point where it seems like I'm defending Mourinho's statement?? I'm not, Mourinho is wrong

The only reason why this is being discussed is because attacking wise, he isn't delivering if not we would have overlooked everything else because he's so good on form.

I don't think I have a specific preference, it depends on the team. But I do tend to prefer pace on the flanks.

For all the positives Sanchez brings, I also find him very frustrating at times. He has a tendency to overdo or force things. And when space becomes limited, he can also become a bit lost. But he's a great player. Sanchez and Hazard are too different to compare imo, it's as bad as the Hazard-Neymar comparisons.

Fuk mourinho. His logic is getting worse by the day. The longer he stays at our club the more long term damage he does. His already got rid of Mata and kdb. Don't let him do the same to hazard. We are Unwatchable without him.

I am happy we have a manager that has the balls to bench his star player.

Carlo when asked about a disagreement between Bale and Ronaldo on who takes the freekicks answered: " Ronaldo is the boss, if he wants to give the freekick to Bale, Bale can take it."

Do you want a manager that has no balls to punish their star player, even when they are under performing or acts like the king?

This worked before after the Atletico game.

And don't tell me about the love story between Ivanovic and Jose. If we got Stones/Marquinhos back in August/or kept Filipe, he'd have benched Ivanovic already. Baba is just not ready yet.

Same goes for Cesc, no decent replacement for him. Remove him from our team and we will struggle to create even more.

Every other player has been punished: JT, Cahill, Matic, Eden, Falcao (not selected twice), Oscar. There are no untouchables, the problem is quality depth.

And no, an alpha does not run away from his responsibilities and problems. A beta does.

No one is talking about balls or lack of ball (actually the balls talk was a excuse Mourinho introduced seasons ago to explaing why his team was playing a poor football).

There is no problem at all when a player is droppes, the problem is the reason why.

Hazard was dropped bacause the team was conceding too many goals. Its like dropping Terry because the team is not scoring enough goals.