Eden Hazard

the wes

Jose better be quiet. Ronaldo is the only reason why Real Madrid still didn't come knocking on our door for Hazard. If they were to rate him higher than Cristiano, we'd be fucked.

Lol. Hazard is never leaving. But we don't need to discuss that again.

That goal he scored is the closest Barca will get to knowing what it's like to have Messi score against them.

He's a winger, why does he need to "score more".

Hazard isn't going to score 40 goals a season because he isn't that type of player, he isn't going to shoot when someone else is in a better positionlike almost every top player does these days and I personally hope he never changes.

And before you say well goals are goals, well Hazards way gets goals in situations were a shoot wouldn't have, take United in the COC in his first season, Ramires goal to seal the game, Hazard ran with the ball got into a position outside the box were a Bale/Neymar/Sanchez/Ronaldo would have almost certainly shot and more than likely missed, instead Hazard rolled it into Rambo and sealed the game.

It's quite a sad predicament of the modern game that to get the credit he truly deserves Hazard will have too strip himself of a lot of his attributes that made him get this far and turn into a shoot on site merchant, in fact it's criminal.

Why are you even wasting your time responding to that guy. Some posters, the usual suspects just post for attention. Nothing more.

Why are you even wasting your time responding to that guy. Some posters, the usual suspects just post for attention. Nothing more.

I didn't even realise it was him, I just saw the words 'needs to score more' and that was it :lol:

There's no contest anymore. The quality, the style, the charisma, the personality... and to make things even better, he wears the shirt with that crest. He is hands down my favourite footballer now. Absolute perfection. Good ol' Eidur used to be my favourite sight in Chelsea blue but Eden has taken over. I'm in love.

He's a winger, why does he need to "score more".

Hazard isn't going to score 40 goals a season because he isn't that type of player, he isn't going to shoot when someone else is in a better positionlike almost every top player does these days and I personally hope he never changes.

And before you say well goals are goals, well Hazards way gets goals in situations were a shoot wouldn't have, take United in the COC in his first season, Ramires goal to seal the game, Hazard ran with the ball got into a position outside the box were a Bale/Neymar/Sanchez/Ronaldo would have almost certainly shot and more than likely missed, instead Hazard rolled it into Rambo and sealed the game.

It's quite a sad predicament of the modern game that to get the credit he truly deserves Hazard will have too strip himself of a lot of his attributes that made him get this far and turn into a shoot on site merchant, in fact it's criminal.

Because scoring goals are what separated top wingers from just great wingers. No one is asking him to go out and bang in 40 goals like Neymar but like others said around 20 every season is something he should be aiming for. Atm he is around 15 goals and I believe half of that are pen, he is capable of hitting 20 every season now he is entering the peak of his career.

That is why Willian is often overlooked as if only he has contributed to something more substantial, he would be considered one of the best winger in the world but as it is he is just considered a good winger.

OK I admit he is a bit better than Reus

Ok, that is like the understatement of the year. No surprise it's coming from you again. I get it, everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but don't say stuff just to be controversial.

Atm he is around 15 goals and I believe half of that are pen, he is capable of hitting 20 every season now he is entering the peak of his career.

He scored 19 or 20 last season, depending on which online source you use (I guess the difference is the goal he made against Everton which some count as an own-goal). He scored 14 in the premier league. I watched all of our PL games last season, and as I recall it (I may be slightly off here, but definitely not completely) he only scored one or two penalty goals. The entire season we were complaining that the refs weren't giving us any penalties (although we had decent shouts) and in the last game he gave a penalty to Costa to bring Diego's tally to 20, if I remember it correctly.

He most definitely didn't convert "half of his goals" from the spot. Nonsense.

Because scoring goals are what separated top wingers from just great wingers. No one is asking him to go out and bang in 40 goals like Neymar but like others said around 20 every season is something he should be aiming for. Atm he is around 15 goals and I believe half of that are pen, he is capable of hitting 20 every season now he is entering the peak of his career.

That is why Willian is often overlooked as if only he has contributed to something more substantial, he would be considered one of the best winger in the world but as it is he is just considered a good winger.

He had 17 and 19 in his last two seasons, he averages 1 in 2 and a bit games, for a wide player who is asked to track back a fair bit that is very good, even including pens and especially including what else he does.

The sheer amount of chances he creates with his dribbling skills is insane, only Messi beats him in that regard.

I agree with your point. But Eden himself has stressed his desire to score more on more than a couple of occasions. He definitely has the talent and vision to combine that thirst for scoring goals without sacrificing his natural game. He can work on his shooting for example to improve in this area. He seems to have trouble combining accuracy with real power. When he goes for accuracy, aiming for the corners, his shots tend to lack power. It's weird how he's hit some screamers out of reach for the GK with his left foot though.

I don't expect him to hit Messi numbers but 25 goals and +/-15 assists is something he can aim for and achieve I think.

Of course he would want that, he is a hungry individual who would never settle for what he's got if that makes sense and of course if he can get to 25/15 that would be amazing factoring in everything else he does. But even if he stays on the 15-20 barrier for the rest of the career it shouldn't detract from what a great player he is, which sadly is the case in some quarters.

Another example with Eden is Swansea at home last season, he didn't score an assist but single handedly turned the game around for us, we were awful for the first 20 and Hazard took the responsibility upped his game and turned it around for us, if he has 10 of those games every season then even 10 goals from him would be great.

Of course he would want that, he is a hungry individual who would never settle for what he's got if that makes sense and of course if he can get to 25/15 that would be amazing factoring in everything else he does. But even if he stays on the 15-20 barrier for the rest of the career it shouldn't detract from what a great player he is, which sadly is the case in some quarters.

Another example with Eden is Swansea at home last season, he didn't score an assist but single handedly turned the game around for us, we were awful for the first 20 and Hazard took the responsibility upped his game and turned it around for us, if he has 10 of those games every season then even 10 goals from him would be great.

Can't disagree with that. Eden is absolutely brilliant for me. Players like Silva, Cazorla, Ribery etc. have an effect on games that goes further than goals and assists. James Rodriguez is another player I absolutely love and has a similar effect on games. Not on Eden's level though (yet).

But Hazard feels/knows he can do better. I think he wants to become a proper (football) legend and to do that, he does need to do better.

Can't disagree with that. Eden is absolutely brilliant for me. Players like Silva, Cazorla, Ribery etc. have an effect on games that goes further than goals and assists. James Rodriguez is another player I absolutely love and has a similar effect on games. Not on Eden's level though (yet).

But Hazard feels/knows he can do better. I think he wants to become a proper (football) legend and to do that, he does need to do better.

RIbery yes. I feel you're massively overrating Silva & Cazorla though. Very good players but not in the same League.

RIbery yes. I feel you're massively overrating Silva & Cazorla though. Very good players but not in the same League.

I wasn't naming players in the same league as Hazard. Just examples of players who can change games without scoring or assisting.

But saying Silva is not in the same league as Hazard is simply not true for me. Silva is briilliant. Cazorla is not as good, but I find him very underrated. Fantastic player.

His goal was incredible, but most incredible was his overall performance on the first half, dribbling Barca players likes cones.

But yesterday remains clear one thing, If we want that this guy shine on his maximum expression, we must control the ball when is in our possession. Look the difference on the first half playing with Matic - Cesc - Oscar, and in the second, playing with a that shit of midfield. I'm not asking a 99% of possession like Barca, I'm asking a team who can do more than 2 consecutives passes and not lose the ball 3 seconds after recover it. Hazard is after Messi, the best player with the ball on his feets, but in our last season, in all big games he NEVER had the ball, it's normal that his performance in this kind of games was poor.

Eden showed yesterday again that he is a matches winner, and player who can unbalance a game against any rival, but we must help him.

The last season we wasted him on the big games, this season we can't commit the same mistake. We have the third best player in the world, and should benefit of that.

This, very true!