Eden Hazard

the wes

What's your opinion about Nabil Fakir? Do you think he is a hazard level talent or more in the bracket of somebody like Nasri?

Nabil Fekir is very promising, but very hard to read. The thing is nobody had seen him coming, not by youth national teams (algerian and french), not by the press, not even by Lyon's staff. Before Laurent Fournier arrived last summer, previous coach gave more opportunities to the likes of Benzia and Ghezal who are approximately the same age, and were considered more promising talents.

It seems impossible that no-one had seen him coming given the talent he has displayed this season. Something just ticked in him and he found all the keys to unleash his game. And I'm not really for overhyping and all, but I think we've found our number 10 for quite a long time in France, he will be perfect with Lacazette, Griezmann, Pogba and Schneiderlin for the years to come !

If he finishes the season with more goals and assists, he may well win best player of the year award which would make him the second youngest to win it after Hazard (of course :wub: )

What's really admirable is that he has been really consistent this season, a bit like Hazard who has spread his goals and assists thoughout a large number of games. Fekir was directly involved in a goal in 17 matches out of 29 appearances.

He is usually consistent during the confrontation, not so many drops in concentration considered his age, sometimes "messiesque" during 90 min like against Montpellier a month ago. He still has off-days where he is completely anonymous of course but not so much when you think about it.

His fitness is real good, his pace in the first 15 meters is admirable, with his low center of gravity makes him very similar to Hazard in that aspect.

His technique is quite exquisite also, very quick feet, quite agile with his right foot for a lefty, does not fear to use at least and seems to be a very fast learner.

His vision of the game is very promising but it is undeniable that he is helped by the fact that he and Lacazette understand each other like brothers, it's impressing to see (less than the trio Hazard-Sow-Gervinho of course but they're unbeatable B) ). Needs to be confirmed in a different environment, different players, tactics...

I think he is very similar to Eden Hazard but lefty and more goal driven. A lot like Messi in in fact but less talented.

The players he reminds me the most is Marcos Lopes of Manchester City, currently loaned at Lille. He's 3 years younger than Fekir but I expect him to reach his level very soon.

Both may well be in the Hazard bracket or hit their ceiling before that, but the talent is there. As well as the class and attitude, these little things difficult to explain that makes you know this is something serious.

Ultimately it doesn't matter how late the talent shines if it's there. Didn't prevent Ribéry to compete with the very best, and he was completely anonymous before his 22.

But there's a lot to be done, let's see next year if he confirms. We can also have found our new Ben Arfa.

Nabil Fekir is very promising, but very hard to read. The thing is nobody had seen him coming, not by youth national teams (algerian and french), not by the press, not even by Lyon's staff. Before Laurent Fournier arrived last summer, previous coach gave more opportunities to the likes of Benzia and Ghezal who are approximately the same age, and were considered more promising talents.

It seems impossible that no-one had seen him coming given the talent he has displayed this season. Something just ticked in him and he found all the keys to unleash his game. And I'm not really for overhyping and all, but I think we've found our number 10 for quite a long time in France, he will be perfect with Lacazette, Griezmann, Pogba and Schneiderlin for the years to come !

If he finishes the season with more goals and assists, he may well win best player of the year award which would make him the second youngest to win it after Hazard (of course :wub: )

What's really admirable is that he has been really consistent this season, a bit like Hazard who has spread his goals and assists thoughout a large number of games. Fekir was directly involved in a goal in 17 matches out of 29 appearances.

He is usually consistent during the confrontation, not so many drops in concentration considered his age, sometimes "messiesque" during 90 min like against Montpellier a month ago. He still has off-days where he is completely anonymous of course but not so much when you think about it.

His fitness is real good, his pace in the first 15 meters is admirable, with his low center of gravity makes him very similar to Hazard in that aspect.

His technique is quite exquisite also, very quick feet, quite agile with his right foot for a lefty, does not fear to use at least and seems to be a very fast learner.

His vision of the game is very promising but it is undeniable that he is helped by the fact that he and Lacazette understand each other like brothers, it's impressing to see (less than the trio Hazard-Sow-Gervinho of course but they're unbeatable B) ). Needs to be confirmed in a different environment, different players, tactics...

I think he is very similar to Eden Hazard but lefty and more goal driven. A lot like Messi in in fact but less talented.

The players he reminds me the most is Marcos Lopes of Manchester City, currently loaned at Lille. He's 3 years younger than Fekir but I expect him to reach his level very soon.

Both may well be in the Hazard bracket or hit their ceiling before that, but the talent is there. As well as the class and attitude, these little things difficult to explain that makes you know this is something serious.

Ultimately it doesn't matter how late the talent shines if it's there. Didn't prevent Ribéry to compete with the very best, and he was completely anonymous before his 22.

But there's a lot to be done, let's see next year if he confirms. We can also have found our new Ben Arfa.

He really is a very good talent, isn't he? Lille seems to be a good club to loan young, talented players to. We loaned Joao Rodriguez to Bastia and the lad rarely got a game.

Hazard is easily a better player in almost every way imaginable. He's also clearly the most inferior of Barca's 3 attackers. Do you think a guy like Neymar is even that close to a Sergio Aguero for example? But, yeah, Neymar's hype machine have done an incredible job to deceive people into making people believe he is something he is not. It's only a matter of time before the whole world realizes it. Neymar = biggest myth in football.

Neymar isn't a myth. He was single handedly carrying Brazil into the semis until he got injured. He's not the chump you're trying to make him out into.

Neymar isn't a myth. He was single handedly carrying Brazil into the semis until he got injured. He's not the chump you're trying to make him out into.

He's a very good player but nowhere near the media, particularly the Brazilian and even foreign media make him out to be. And you fall for it when you say he singlehandedly carried Brazil to the semi's, which is a bunch of nonsense. He's not the new Pele, or anywhere near Ronaldo or Ronaldinho for that matter. The amount of media hype he receives far dwarfs his actual quality, that's always been my problem with him and that's why I call him a myth. Will he be in my top 10 players in the world? No. But that's just my opinion anyway.

He really is a very good talent, isn't he? Lille seems to be a good club to loan young, talented players to. We loaned Joao Rodriguez to Bastia and the lad rarely got a game.

We have just recently been compelled to change the club strategy (basically we're broke) and try and get young talented players on loan. Before that we would rely priorly on our own players, and use loan to fill gaps on the bench with experienced players (recently Joe Cole, David Rozenhal, Ricardo Costa). I remembered lots of Lille fans (I was among them) were disgusted that our club didn't negotiate a deal to get De Bruyne on loan when selling Eden Hazard to CFC. It seemed so... obvious. But it was not in the club development strategy.

So actually Lopes is the first young promising player to be loaned to Lille, since 2005. His season has been good, could have been a lot better without injuries that kept him out of form for 3 months.

But Lille is without a doubt a great destination for young promising loanees. We have one of the best (and costly) training center in the world (not a joke, google domaine de luchin for more details), same for the stadium. We have specialized in our youth academy and developped a very efficient post-formation strategy (getting them between the age 16 and 20 and make them good players).

I think we are second or third in Europe in terms of millions won by selling players from the youth academy (but I expect Anderlecht would be ahead if they were able to keep them longer).

Also, a good loanee is guaranteed lots of playing time, as the competition level is clearly decreasing since a few years. Our coach gives lots of chances to youngsters, he is known for it (ex U20 and U21 coach).

So yeah, great destination. So spread the word ! Especially if you happen to cross path with Ruben Loftus Cheek, Charly Musonda, Nathan Ake, Marco van Ginkel or Lucas Piazon. We will desperately need two like them next season !

Some interesting Hazard stats.

http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#performance-score#player-stats#top-5-european-leagues|season-2014/2015#all-teams#all-player-positions#16#44#0#0#90#08/08/2014#09/04/2015#season#1#all-matches#total#desc#total (Squawka highest performance score for the season)

http://www.squawka.com/football-player-rankings#duels-won#player-stats#top-5-european-leagues|season-2014/2015#all-teams#all-player-positions#16#44#0#0#90#08/08/2014#09/04/2015#season#1#all-matches#dribble#desc#total(Squawka dribbling stats for the season. Amazingly, Hazard has completed 144 dribbles compared to Messi's 140 and has a success rate of 65% (!!) compared to Messi's 55%. He is clearly the best dribbler in the world now)

http://www.whoscored.com/Statistics(Whoscored highest performance score for the season)