Eden Hazard

the wes

To be fair I'm not that bothered about the carling cup but I think it will, if we win the whole thing, catapult us for the last part of the season as it did the first time round in Jose's first spell.

Big game for Eden tonight with the above said, away from home, big pitch, Liverpool usually leave a lot of space against FBs

This contract thing is a worry if it drags into the summer.

I'm intrigued to see how he performs in the "bigger games". The cup finals, the semi-finals etc.

Honestly, he hasn't really played any HUGE games for Chelsea. Since his arrival he's been pretty unlucky. We got smacked in the Community Shield and UEFA Super Cup. We were shockingly poor in the Club World Cup final. Got knocked out of the Champions League in the group stages -although he did miss the one chance we had against Juve. Poor guy got himself sent off in the 2nd leg of the Carling Cup semi. And in the FA Cup Quarters he scored a beauty against Utd. but we lost to City in the semi's. That season was overall just shite as he missed the only final we got to through injury. But seemed to be the time where he played his most enjoyable football as there was no stress on his defensive contribution and also that was Mazacar in their prime! (lol) On to 2013/14, under Jose we were obviously better and he pretty much had to carry us without really deciding any big games. He was immense against City (A) in the league and he didn't even play in the game where we bowed out of the COC. FA Cup Quarter against City (A) we were awful collectively. Champions League Quarter he was good against PSG but got injured and missed the 2nd leg and semi 1st leg. Then JUST got back -probably a bit too early- for the 2nd leg against Atleti. Funny enough he was blamed in that game.

So far this season, we haven't played any HUGE games. No semi finals/title deciding games and the CL knockout stages hasn't come around yet. I wanna see if he steps up and decides those games cuz when he's asked about winning the Ballon D'or he talks about the bigger players deciding games and winning trophies for their clubs. Can he do that?

Eden even complained after the atleti games that we were not suited to playing football, it was more a counter puncher style in the big games and I can see why he was irritated, yeah he has to do his defensive contribution but in almost every big game last season and some of this season (where we drew conceding late or something) we seem to sit back.

When you are winning, style doesnt realy matter. But if you have to defend game after game and remain trophyless, players like Hazard will think of going somewhere else.

Thats why its important that we bring some more quality to our team to add quality and efficiency of our football to keep Hazard and others happy here.

Good player but that's a bit dumb from Chelsea to get rid of De Bruyne then get Thorgan.

I think the problem regarding De Bruyne was lack of patience. Clearly he wasn't willing to wait around for his opportunity.. I guess that's up to him and it has worked out. Though I'm sure when he looks at our deficiencies on the right-wing he may think "what if.."

Arsenal game probably the biggest example.

Just thought about that after watching them vs City.

We were equally struggling to break them down until Hazard did that, we could have dropped points too without that moment.

Costa deserves credit for drawing out one of the defenders meaning Koscielny was isolated.

Good player but that's a bit dumb from Chelsea to get rid of De Bruyne then get Thorgan.

There's quite a gap between them, when we look at both player's current ability though. Thorgan will need at least one more season in Germany or a different club and regular playing time before he can be even a substitute player.

I think the problem regarding De Bruyne was lack of patience. Clearly he wasn't willing to wait around for his opportunity.. I guess that's up to him and it has worked out. Though I'm sure when he looks at our deficiencies on the right-wing he may think "what if.."

Yeah Well De Bruyne was one of the most important players in the national team and he wanted to play and impress at the World Cup, not playing was seriously risking his chances to play and the quality of his performances. Wilmots, the national coach regulary warned his players about this and has likely played quite a bit of role in KDB's transfer request.

Yeah Well De Bruyne was one of the most important players in the national team and he wanted to play and impress at the World Cup, not playing was seriously risking his chances to play and the quality of his performances. Wilmots, the national coach regulary warned his players about this and has likely played quite a bit of role in KDB's transfer request.

Yep, World Cup year is almost a killer for players in that kind of bracket.. Unsure if they'll progress. I'd like to think if it was this year then he would've stayed and fought.

Yep, World Cup year is almost a killer for players in that kind of bracket.. Unsure if they'll progress. I'd like to think if it was this year then he would've stayed and fought.

I'm not completely sure since I haven't seen a lot of his matches for Wolfsburg, but isn't he playing as a playmaker in that team, not as a winger?

That would have left him competing with Fabregas in stead of Willian and Schurrle, since I think he loves playing in the center of the team.