Eden Hazard

the wes

On Eden Hazard’s performance, having suffered a hefty tackle from Phil Bardsley early on
‘He did a lot. We need that. Today we decided to play Mikel and Matic so we lose one creative player. We had that stability in the team, and left Fabregas, Willian and Hazard the responsibility to create and they were not afraid to do that. They put themselves in every situation and I think the kid was fantastic.

‘It was a difficult fight for the kid, but also a difficult match for Bardsley. He showed what he is, Bardsley was injured an Eden a few minutes after being injured that way, put the ball out. I wouldn’t do it for a guy who kicked me a few minutes before! The kid is a fantastic kid.’

So nothing serious.

Thought it was a decent performance. I would echo what some others have said though, I don't think he's been as good recently as he was say a month or so ago. He's scored more goals recently but for me his overall performances haven't been as good. Maybe he's coasting a bit due to the amount of games coming up which is understandable. (PS I'm not having a go at him for those who get a bit touchy :))

I would prefer to see tackles that like every week in the premier league again, gone are the days of a truely physical league. I miss those days.

I'd be happy for Bardsley not to be booked there BUT the referees be consistent - thats the issue, players mistime challenges, players crunch the technical ones to let them know they are there, referees just need to be consistent in what they are booking and what they are not.

Does anyone else feel that Eden slows our play down too much at times? Especially with his speed etc. I was disappointed and continue to be that he does not drive at the fullback more often? He had Bardsley 1v1 at least 4 times tonight and decided to stop and wait for another Stoke player.. Now whether that was part of the tactics to create space for others I am not sure but its something I've noticed in the last few games.

Does anyone else feel that Eden slows our play down too much at times? Especially with his speed etc. I was disappointed and continue to be that he does not drive at the fullback more often? He had Bardsley 1v1 at least 4 times tonight and decided to stop and wait for another Stoke player.. Now whether that was part of the tactics to create space for others I am not sure but its something I've noticed in the last few games.

He did that a lot last season and always ended up against 3 markers when he could have attacked the one marker earlier when he had the chance.

He's not done it much this season but maybe the recent act is due to a little fatigue.