Eden Hazard

the wes

The whole comparison to Cristiano and Messi needs to stop though. He's not as outrageously talented as Messi, of course he's quite the talent himself, neither does he possess CR's ridiculous goal-sense. Not only did they achieve a lot more at Hazard's age, they went on to improve to a level people didn't think was possible (on a consistent basis). And that doesn't just go for Hazard but any new/hot talent. To be compared to them, you actually have to prove it by playing at that level for years like they have.

Completely disagree with the notion on him not being among Chelsea's best players this season. Are you kidding me? Everybody is allowed to have they're opinion, definitely. But if I say Kroos and Modric have been a lot better than Ronaldo this season, I don't sound right. I mean, be serious.

My memory with these kind of things is not the best, but in 22 starts, Hazard has had like what.. 3, maybe 4 bad games? 8-10 great games and 7-9 good games. He's been fantastic this season. Add a bunch of goals and assists to his game right now, and he's a top 5 player. Aguero is the only player above him in the league this season imo. You could argue for Cesc and Matic, or even Alexis. But Hazard has been the better player for me, Alexis just stands out more because of his underperforming team mates. He's been one of the better performers in the group stages of the CL as well.

Could he score more goals? Sure, and I still expect him to score around 15 goals from open play this season. But 9 goals in 22 starts is anything but a poor return. More assists from Eden? Definitely. This is a area he's been surprisingly ineffective in. A player of his calibre and his style of play should be providing more assists. But even though goals and assists are important, they don't define the quality of the performances. I'm convinced the likes Nedved and Figo would not receive half the praise they used to get by the majority of today.

The great thing about Hazard is how there's still plenty of room for improvement and I'm convinced he'll continue to raise his game. Looking at his time at Chelsea, you can see how he keeps progressing with every passing season. Becoming a superstar at this age is a rarity. Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Suarez, Robben, Ribery, Xavi, Iniesta, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Tevez, Schweinsteiger, Fabregas, Modric... you look at that list of players, which player was at Hazard's level at 23? Fabregas is probably the only one (you could argue for Iniesta and Rooney). That's amazing. And then think about how much they improved after 23. Eden can become some player.

It's time for a big moment though. Like a memorable performance in the quarter/semi finals of the CL. That's the one thing he lacks right now.

No one said that Hazard is not between the best players in Chelsea... I said he is not the best. It's the reality. ANd between Hazard and Messi or Ronaldo there are 5 or 6 steps between him and those 2.

The problem of Hazard it's not only Cristiano and Messi, is also Sanchez, Di MAria, Robben, RIbery, Gotze, Isco, Neymar, Bale, and some others that play in similar positions. He needs to do a lot more, score more goals, do more assists, play better, he needs to be a lot more consistent.

There are players like Messi or ROnaldo that at the age of 18 everyone knew they would be increadible, and there are others that started playing really well 10 years after. In most cases you never know. RObinho was supposed to be a great player, Paim was better than Cristiano in Sporting, Kaka was nothing special in the youth team of São Paulo...

But the reality is that Hazard is supposed to be our star... Maybe one day he will be...or maybe not. Based on reality, and not on wishful thinking, he should do a lot more.

Probably not 3-4 steps, but he's not our most important player right now. It's a valid argument. While his consistency has improved a lot this season, Hazard can do more to properly secure his place in our history, that will come with more experience with us, but if he wants to be our most important player then there is room for improvement. We all want Hazard to be our main guy, but he needs to be more imposing on games and show more genius when we're trying to break down tough opposition.

He is absolutely our most important player. When we need someone to make some magic happen, we all call on Hazard. He is our most important player.

Hazard imo is definitely one of the most important players. But Im sick of people being told they are wrong on these forums. Not everyone has to agree with your opinions!

Sometimes, people are just plain wrong.

Eden needs to make 3 or 4 more steps because this is not enough.

ABout Eden being better than Fabregas (and Fabregas is a great player but also far from a Ballon d'Or quality)... well... I think the one that needs to see more games of Chelsea is not me.

3 or 4 steps? Absolutely not.

No they don't. In reality Hazard is comparable to Messi or Ronaldo. Or at least he is as good as Aguero, or Fabregas for example this season.

Let's all of us say how amazing he is. In reality he isn't but we should all say tthat he is amazing.

In a forum where Oscar is "increadible"... yes Hazard is Ballon d'Or. Kalas is our future also.

A player that can't be our best player, and Hazard today is far from it, is not one of the best players in the world in the Ballon d'Or fight. If he wants to be our super star or best player in the world he needs to improve a lot, if he wants to be one more player he is in the right path.

Kalas is our future. Oscar is incredible. Hazard is a future Ballon d'Or winner.

Seriously, I don't think you have watched Eden this year, he's had maybe 3 bad games, if that. He is key to our attack and the guy we look to for some magic late in a game.

The whole comparison to Cristiano and Messi needs to stop though. He's not as outrageously talented as Messi, of course he's quite the talent himself, neither does he possess CR's ridiculous goal-sense. Not only did they achieve a lot more at Hazard's age, they went on to improve to a level people didn't think was possible (on a consistent basis). And that doesn't just go for Hazard but any new/hot talent. To be compared to them, you actually have to prove it by playing at that level for years like they have.

Completely disagree with the notion on him not being among Chelsea's best players this season. Are you kidding me? Everybody is allowed to have they're opinion, definitely. But if I say Kroos and Modric have been a lot better than Ronaldo this season, I don't sound right. I mean, be serious.

My memory with these kind of things is not the best, but in 22 starts, Hazard has had like what.. 3, maybe 4 bad games? 8-10 great games and 7-9 good games. He's been fantastic this season. Add a bunch of goals and assists to his game right now, and he's a top 5 player. Aguero is the only player above him in the league this season imo. You could argue for Cesc and Matic, or even Alexis. But Hazard has been the better player for me, Alexis just stands out more because of his underperforming team mates. He's been one of the better performers in the group stages of the CL as well.

Could he score more goals? Sure, and I still expect him to score around 15 goals from open play this season. But 9 goals in 22 starts is anything but a poor return. More assists from Eden? Definitely. This is a area he's been surprisingly ineffective in. A player of his calibre and his style of play should be providing more assists. But even though goals and assists are important, they don't define the quality of the performances. I'm convinced the likes Nedved and Figo would not receive half the praise they used to get by the majority of today.

The great thing about Hazard is how there's still plenty of room for improvement and I'm convinced he'll continue to raise his game. Looking at his time at Chelsea, you can see how he keeps progressing with every passing season. Becoming a superstar at this age is a rarity. Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Suarez, Robben, Ribery, Xavi, Iniesta, David Silva, Yaya Toure, Tevez, Schweinsteiger, Fabregas, Modric... you look at that list of players, which player was at Hazard's level at 23? Fabregas is probably the only one (you could argue for Iniesta and Rooney). That's amazing. And then think about how much they improved after 23. Eden can become some player.

It's time for a big moment though. Like a memorable performance in the quarter/semi finals of the CL. That's the one thing he lacks right now.

Post of the year

Can I just like.....hug you? PLEASE?!

I disagree. Think he's comfortably our most important player together with Cesc and Matic. Put any of these 3 out and we look a different (read: worse) team.

Edit: i don't think 'he can do more' is an argument btw.

In the present moment for me Matic is the most important player in our team.

Hazard is good and has the potential to be the best in the world, but in this present time we have a hard time winning without the big man.

Hazard has been the best player in the PL this year. People really need to understand advanced metrics a lot better to see why this is the case. He's even got metrics comparable to Messi. Where he falls short of Messi is in the final product, finishing.

Hazard doesn't need only a memorable performance in a quarter final or a semi final... he needs almost everything.

In 2014/2015 in the bigest leagues in the world

Cristiano Ronaldo: 25 goals 8 assists

Messi: 15 goals 7 assists

Neymar: 11 goals 3 assists

Robben: 10 goals 3 assists

Alexis Sanchez: 9 goals 5 assists

Bale: 7 goals 3 assists

Gotze: 7 goals 1 assist

Di Maria: 3 goals 6 assists

Jeremy Menez 8 goals 1 assist

Callejon 8 goals 1 assist

Reus 3 goals 2 assists (in 7 games)

Here are in Europe 11 players that play or can play in similar positions and have some of them a lot better numbers than Hazard, others are in another world, and some others are maybe comparable. There are more examples of this... We can also add CF or CM and compare everyone...
Hazard doesn't need to have a good game, he needs to play a lot better and have a lot better numbers like many others do.

Hazard has been the best player in the PL this year. People really need to understand advanced metrics a lot better to see why this is the case. He's even got metrics comparable to Messi. Where he falls short of Messi is in the final product, finishing.

Metrics are something really cool. In the "opinion" of whoscored Messi was in the last season a lot better than Cristiano and was "almost" the best player in Europe (I think Suarez had 8.43 and Messi 8.42).

LOL,

Mundo Deportivo, Marca, As, Sport, argentinian press, Barcelona fans and any football fan don't agree with it

Hazard doesn't need only a memorable performance in a quarter final or a semi final... he needs almost everything.

Here are in Europe 11 players that play or can play in similar positions and have some of them a lot better numbers than Hazard, others are in another world, and some others are maybe comparable. There are more examples of this... We can also add CF or CM and compare everyone...
Hazard doesn't need to have a good game, he needs to play a lot better and have a lot better numbers like many others do.

Metrics are something really cool. In the "opinion" of whoscored Messi was in the last season a lot better than Cristiano and was "almost" the best player in Europe (I think Suarez had 8.43 and Messi 8.42).

LOL,

Mundo Deportivo, Marca, As, Sport, argentinian press, Barcelona fans and any football fan don't agree with it

You dismiss the importance of statistics in the second bit of your post, yet you're trying to prove Hazard is inferior or equal to players like Callejon and Menez by posting statistics.

How about you watch a Chelsea game and observe the player?

LOL,

Funny. Proves absolutely nothing.

Hazard has 9 goals as well this season so far, so whats your point again?

Numbers aren't everything, Hazard got better in this aspect this season. In truth the only better players than Hazard on this list are Messi, Ronaldo and Bale. And the fact that you are comparing him with much inferior players like Menez is enough reason for me to not evaluate further.

You dismiss the importance of statistics in the second bit of your post, yet you're trying to prove Hazard is inferior or equal to players like Callejon and Menez by posting statistics.

How about you watch a Chelsea game and observe the player?

No, I'm saying that he has worst numbers than many players, and numbers that actually matter (not only compared with Messi and Ronaldo but when compared with other players). Hazard is not the best player of Chelsea (Fabregas and Costa are ther best players in the team), Hazard isn't consistent, he needs to improve a lot in many aspects.

Let's see for example Yaya Toure a CM. How many games Toure won for Man CIty in the last 2 years? THis season 5 goals and 1 assist, last season 20 goals 9 assist... from a CM a position that is not suposed to have this numbers. Where should we put Hazard cpompared with players like Aguero, Fabregas, Costa, Sanchez, Suarez last season, ROnaldo, Messi, Toure, Robben, Neymar, Bale that in many cases play as good as Hazard or even better and have a lot better numbers?

Is this enough for a player that is supposed to be the star of this team?A team that wants to be European Champion... Right now he can't even be the best player in this team.