Eden Hazard

the wes

That's okay, you lost all credibility with every single comment you made on Wilmots.

Whatever you say friend. You're too far up you're own ass to accept that there is a very large portion of fans that have the same views as I do. On this board in particular that would be the vast majority of members with an interest in our national team.

Now please stop whining about Wilmots, most people on here don't give a fuck.

Everyone wants Hazard to be the next cr7, when he is not that type of player...

Even though his stats are down, this hazard is better for chelsea and I'll take this year's hazard over last years.

His stats aren't actually that down. Last year by this time in October Eden had 3 goals and 1 assist in the PL. This year he has 2 goals and 1 assist in the PL. So as we see, there isn't much difference. It's just his stats seem down only compared to Diego and Cesc. Yeah, even Oscar's and Ramires's stats are a bit better than Eden's so far, but it says good things about their form this season rather than anything about Eden's form. Eden is on track.

"Lack of experience" is not a shortcoming in itself, it could be the cause of a shortcoming. Given the incredible run of results, there's no reason to assume that the lack of experience has lead to major shortcomings.

"Tactical flexibilty" although true is debatable as a shortcoming. For every person that says flexibility is important to deal with different kinds of opponents, there's another one who says it's important to always start from your own strengths and impose your own game. It's up to the opponent to adapt. In club team football I wouldn't prefer one opinion over the other, but in national team football, given the fact that the players only meet once every few months, one may argue (like Wilmots does) that it's more important to build routine than try to create tactical flexibility. In fact if you look at the major national football teams, you will actually notice that most of them stick to the same tactics and line-up. It's usually the smaller teams that chose to adapt to the tactics of their stronger opponent. If you take Holland as a recent example of a major national team that does adapt their tactics under Guud Hiddink, switching between 3-5-2 and 4-3-3, you can see that it's not a success. Van Gaal with exactly the same players & sticking stubbornly to the 3-5-2, in spite of all the Dutch critics begging to switch to 4-3-3 against weaker opponents, made it 3rd in the recent World Cup. So, like Wilmots tactics or hate them, I think it's wise to stick to them as much as possible. He has tried some different tactics in friendlies, like playing two strikers up front (Lukaku-Benteke against USA & Colombia) but he evaluated it negatively and stuck to the 4-2-3-1. Again, purely judging on the results, which is still the only objective way to evaluate a coach, that was a wise decision.

"Poor decision making" is purely a subjective judgement from your side. You're probably bored of me repeating this, but again based on the results one could more objectively argue that his decision making has not been that poor at all. Rather the contrary.

It's okay to throw the towel by now.

Agree to disagree.

For me, Wilmots is not that good a coach and I personally think Hodgson could have done more with that Belgium squad. Or at least match Wilmots. With all the talent they have they should really make the final of Euro 2016.

People are complaining about hazard's performances...

FOr me, hazard is doing extremely well and even though he will always be defensively lacking, you cant really ask for anymore from him. Only thing hazard can improve on realistically is making runs without the ball..

Agreed. He needs to do more runs without the ball and run at defenders more, like he did against Arsenal. The talent is there. I think he's been very good this season, though admittedly, he needs to score a lot more if he wants to be on Messi and CR7 level.

People are complaining about hazard's performances...

FOr me, hazard is doing extremely well and even though he will always be defensively lacking, you cant really ask for anymore from him. Only thing hazard can improve on realistically is making runs without the ball..

exactly what I was thinking. He is much more aggressive this year. doesn't stand on the ball

I know I'm going to sound crazy to some/most - I'm gonna go with most - but Hazard should've done better. I'm serious. He should've annihilated them. But that final ball, that final move, the 'kill' as Mourinho calls it, was lacking. And you could tell by his reactions throughout the game, he knew he should've done more. Look at his reaction after he scored his first goal. He was probably thinking, ... another penalty.

He finally got a goal at the end though, that made it a bit better. So, very strong performance overall, but it could've been a very, very memorable one.

If Eden was more ruthless in front of goal he would no question be up there with Messi and Ronaldo as the best players in the world. Immense tonight! Such a talent and the scary thing for everyone else is he is only going to get better!!