David Luiz

the wes

TBF, he should have had a clear FK for Brighton's third. It was a punch to the face, Tyson would have been proud of!

Doesn't matter, you play until the whistle no matter what. This does not concern only Luiz, but the whole backline. Reminded me of Walcott's goal last season when again our whole team switched off. No learning from mistakes...

I know certain people will be annoyed by me saying this but why we don't play Luiz in the double pivot role is beyond me. He has everything you need to own that position and I would much rather his speed and directness than Mikels dilly dallying. At CB Luiz has a lack of positional awareness and it would be better to have him wondering out of the double pivot role than leaving a massive gap in the back line.....Would like to see him partner Romeu who is positional awareness is very disciplined and effective when defending this allowing Luiz the freedom to push up with attack.... Just give it a go... RDM....nothing to lose by trying him there for a few games. This would free up CB too and allow Cahill and JT to crack on with their incredible partnership.

he should be given a "go" at CDM, and DDA is right, what the worst with that idea? he has an eye for goal, and has tricks of likes of a winger. him and rambo in midfield, i mean that is not bad if you look beyond the names and just look at their skill set. luiz has a 10x better arial passing game than mikel. also has nice through ball passes and doesnt hold on to ball as much as he used to. also he CAN defend so he wont be liabilty (not sayin mikel cant defend though). then rambo is a box to box so you no if luiz is caught forward rambo is there to break up play like he usually does.

those two is not as bad as it 'sounds'. but surely we would need to 'see' it.

he should be given a "go" at CDM, and DDA is right, what the worst with that idea? he has an eye for goal, and has tricks of likes of a winger. him and rambo in midfield, i mean that is not bad if you look beyond the names and just look at their skill set. luiz has a 10x better arial passing game than mikel. also has nice through ball passes and doesnt hold on to ball as much as he used to. also he CAN defend so he wont be liabilty (not sayin mikel cant defend though). then rambo is a box to box so you no if luiz is caught forward rambo is there to break up play like he usually does.

those two is not as bad as it 'sounds'. but surely we would need to 'see' it.

I thought he was pretty good against City, but when Toure was out wide that was fucking criminal, he has to do better than that, his tackle wasn't strong enough then he just let him play it through to Nasri. I expect Luiz to show some more quality than that and take a gamble, but he stood there instead. Still though I'm going too far with criminal I'll admit, it's not the easiest of things to defend.

Still happy with him though, i expect him to be our best defender by the end of the season i really do.