David Luiz

the wes

It's funny and everything but when you can understand what's actually being said it feels a tad disrespectful. That was quite the emotional speech from the geezer. It's harder to laugh when you're feeling sorry for him.

I feel sorry for him but it's not so much the video that's funny but the text and how it's done.

In this day and age of internet and social media these things get rolled out quicker than a dog to another ones arse. I don't think it's disrespectful it's just fun and also part of life.

No matter what anyone says, he will be missed.

One of the most passionate and versatile players we have had in the last decade.

Wouldn't say versatile, he struggled in defence as he did in midfield. Versatile is Cesar Azpilicueta.

No matter what anyone says, he will be missed.

We've still got Stamford the Lion. :clown:

Honestly I don't miss him in the slightest. To me he can be a very selfish player who makes everything about himself rather than simply doing his job. Anyone in doubt of that needs to look at his heat map from the Germany game.

Versatility-wise he's overrated. He's a defender we couldn't trust to play to use in defence so he was essentially a defensive midfielder. That was the only position Mourinho trusted him in.

I really fail to understand why some Chelsea fans seem so glad he failed his country massively. Sure, after a performance like that I'm very happy that the club managed to sell him before the World Cup and not after, but I still like the guy a lot and wish him well in the future and it broke my heart seeing him cry like that.

Say what you want about his footballing abilities, or lack thereof, but David Luiz is still an amazing person and a player who contributed massively in the club's recent success, especially the 2012 Champions League campaign where he even played the final injured and didn't put a foot wrong. Show some respect ffs.

I think with David Luiz you either rated him or didn't, he was either good or bad with no middle ground. Never fancied in either position he played nor was his commitment questioned but more his concentration levels and awareness in certain games. I like the guy, he took time to get his picture taken with my boy when all other Chelsea lads snubbed him, he is a great, great guy.

But my assessment is that when people question David Luiz as a footballer people automatically turn it into them being disrespectful when it really isn't the case most of the time. Everyone has grievances at some point or another with a footballer, and it's also very rare everyone agrees on the same thing but I am sure everyone who witnessed us lifting the CL trophy is thankful for what Luiz did, not just then, but in his whole time at the club. Disrespectful to me means "Fuck off to PSG your shit anyway" and I honestly don't think I have seen that written or close to it around here, just people stating their case as to why they did, or did not like Luiz on the field of play.

My opinion is that it came down to Jose not having any ideas left for Luiz in both defence or midfield, couple that with nigh on 50M pounds for a player that he just couldn't fit in/trust swings straight back in the way of the cash that was offered. None of us know exactly what David Luiz will become, whether success or failure at PSG but one thing we all know is that football is a huge business, this was a piece of business that this football club seen a lot of sense and so did I. The board have played some masterstrokes in the past but also so shockers, but for me, this was as good as it gets. Also revert myself back to the Matic purchase and offset it against the Luiz deal to PSG, and it was a double masterstroke, and that's my opinion and thoughts on the matter.

I really fail to understand why some Chelsea fans seem so glad he failed his country massively. Sure, after a performance like that I'm very happy that the club managed to sell him before the World Cup and not after, but I still like the guy a lot and wish him well in the future and it broke my heart seeing him cry like that.

Say what you want about his footballing abilities, or lack thereof, but David Luiz is still an amazing person and a player who contributed massively in the club's recent success, especially the 2012 Champions League campaign where he even played the final injured and didn't put a foot wrong. Show some respect ffs.

Because it's nice to be proven right. I'm petty like that sometimes.

I also dislike him as a player because I think he's all about himself on the pitch, like Stevie Me on steroids. Look at his Hollywood passes - half the time a simple pass would be better but he loves the attention (ironic I know).

Can't fault him for the 2012 Final but so many times people have tried to tell me that his inherent faults weren't important because his talents (of which he has many) compensated for them....but they don't. He basically embodies everything I dislike about some modern sportspeople. Team sports are about self-sacrifice and doing your job, even if it doesn't get all the glory....that isn't David Luiz.

Watch fucking tape of attackers and learn how to mark rather than practicing fucking free kicks. You're a defender. But less people notice an inability to mark attackers than those who will laud a 30 yard screamer (which he really didn't score that many of). What's going to get you on the front page of a newspaper???

Oh, and that post-match interview. This is the translation I've read so I apologise if it's incorrect.

I just wanted to give joy to the people who suffer so much. Unfortunately we could not, sorry everyone, all Brazilians. I just wanted to see people smiling. Everyone knows how important it was for me. I wanted to see everyone happy. [Germany] were better prepared. It is a day of great sadness and a lot of learning too.”

Four uses of the word 'I' or 'Me', one use of the word 'we'. Sums him up.