David Luiz

the wes

Oh boy. Suddenly, I am in the middle of the conflict here? Nothing unusual, they say. Somehow, Barbara got me in this trouble. I don't ridicule her litany & she should not centre me out either.

Some folks loved Luiz for his clowning, I didn't. That's all folks. No harm done.

Scouse,

Do you think my popularity is rising now? Pretty soon, I am in for the mod though. Plenty of Brazilians will be thrilled. :getin:

You're easily one of the most likable guys on the forum, how you're not yet a mod I do not know. You're the voice of the people..............

And when I previously spoke about this, I repeatedly said that Rafa 'making Luiz a better defender' was a myth. If people paid enough attention to his form, Luiz ALWAYS had good form at the end of a season and he ALWAYS started seasons terribly. In that way, yes, he was consistent at being inconsistent. It's like he always needed a number months to adapt to the PL all over again. But every team, not just us, needs a defender who is good for the entire season, not half of it.

Which is fair enough - I'm not disagreeing with you on Luiz's inconsistency levels. Far from it. I wholeheartedly agree with you that he has been inconsistent and that has been his main downfall. The whole premise of my argument was to counter the opinion that he's not suited to the PL and that it's more to do with the system - as with any other player; it honestly is just a basic belief I hold.

My whole initial point had to do with Luiz finally putting that inconsistency behind him this year which he obviously didn't - in fact he regressed even; and I tried to point out reasons why he didn't - i.e. having no real summer break, no pre season, coming back injured, lacking match sharpness and JT + Cahill both just picking up form greatly and staying fit for the majority of it...

Yes, if by 'system' you mean teams that are attacking 'top heavy', play attractive football and win next to nothing? All of those teams are heavily reliant on blowing teams away with their attacking prowess or possession based football. However, their defending always leaves something to be desired - their unbalance is what stops them from challenging on all fronts and that is why these sorts or teams will rarely dominate in the PL.

- City's defence aren't reliable and can't defend without Kompany - they are the exception rather than the rule, they can get away with it because of the amount of quality strikers they can 'afford' (by breaking FFP). However, they can't even buy a spot in the late stages of the CL and won the PL because we and Liverpool threw it away. Hardly convincing.

- Arsenal are too reliant on possession football, leave too much space in behind, get slaughtered on the counter-attack and won 1 trophy in 9 years.

- Liverpool play great football, but simply can't defend for their lives.

Yes, Luiz would probably look fantastic in these teams, but he'd win very little. However, he'll win a lot with the likes of PSG, Munich, Barca domestically because their leagues are so terrible, but when it comes to Europe, these very exploitable weaknesses would still exist.

Mourinho is trying to build a team with no such weaknesses, and he's starting by getting a reliable defence.

Again, it's hard to say whether or not he'd win a lot at City, Arsenal or Pool - that seriously isn't quantifiable just by how he would performed in those teams to begin with... There are obviously a lot of other factors that affect that and it's pretty far away from the main discussion here.

Arsenal and Pool as we both know have very naive managers so City would actually be a great example - they are attack first but are still quite responsible at the back as their manager isn't as naive as the other two mentioned - he can slightly switch it up and shut it down if they need to. They implement an attacking system in the right way unlike Arsenal or Liverpool so City's system for example would've been great for Luiz. Luiz - Kompany would be a very impressive partnership if both are fully fit and on form (with form comes confidence and consistency).

The discussion isn't about whether Luiz can be part of a team that can attain domestic success in England, we can't really discuss that as there are a whole lot of other variables that affect that. You think Luiz can't be a reliable defender and have brought valid points to back that up but at the same time I think he can be in the right system where he's given a consistent run in - regardless of what country he's playing in. Luiz nor myself probably won't change your mind on that because the conditions to see who's right or wrong doesn't even exist and most likely never will (considering he's now in France) so it's probably best we agree to disagree mate :).

You're the one being dismissive of other people's opinions because they don't adhere to your own narrow-minded view of the world. You believe that because you predicted we'd somehow win the UCL in 2012 that your word is gospel, and anyone who challenges your opinion is incorrect. So remind me who's being "blind and ignorant"?

The fuck are u talking about? This has nothing to do with me... Anyone who thinks that Luiz isnt even worth 15m is clearly out of their mind.

YOU ARE the blind and ignorant one if youre arguement is "Cahill is worth 9m then luiz cant be worth more than that".

1. We BOUGHT cahill for 9m. He's worth more today obviousley.

2. Using your logic, Torres would be worth 50m today. he is NOT

3 Luiz is definatley worth more than 15m. If you think otherwise you are clearly brainwashed by the bashing that has been going on at these forums towards him. Also you know nothing about football.

FACTS. Wether you like it, get offended by it or not.

NOW, if you have some kind of logic (based on facts) arguement as to why Luiz isnt even worth 15m then please do tell us what that is. And dont let it be "Mourinho didnt play him as CB", unless you want to amuse us.

The fuck are u talking about? This has nothing to do with me... Anyone who thinks that Luiz isnt even worth 15m is clearly out of their mind.

YOU ARE the blind and ignorant one if youre arguement is "Cahill is worth 9m then luiz cant be worth more than that".

1. We BOUGHT cahill for 9m. He's worth more today obviousley.

2. Using your logic, Torres would be worth 50m today. he is NOT

3 Luiz is definatley worth more than 15m. If you think otherwise you are clearly brainwashed by the bashing that has been going on at these forums towards him. Also you know nothing about football.

FACTS. Wether you like it, get offended by it or not.

NOW, if you have some kind of logic (based on facts) arguement as to why Luiz isnt even worth 15m then please do tell us what that is. And dont let it be "Mourinho didnt play him as CB", unless you want to amuse us.

:lol: Case in point. I won't waste my time debating with you. You have your opinion and I have mine, or am I not allowed to have mine because I disagree with you? I look at the fact Spurs signed Vertonghen for £10 million and that we spent £21 million on Luiz and can do nothing more than sigh.

Also, you seem to be confusing "facts" with your opinion. Good day to you.

:lol: Case in point. I won't waste my time debating with you. You have your opinion and I have mine, or am I not allowed to have mine because I disagree with you? I look at the fact Spurs signed Vertonghen for £10 million and that we spent £21 million on Luiz and can do nothing more than sigh.

Not that I agree with him but if you're looking for a "reliable" defender then Vertonghen is a very bad example because he is practically the same type of defender Luiz is.

You're easily one of the most likable guys on the forum, how you're not yet a mod I do not know. You're the voice of the people..............

I think my sarcasm detector is malfunctioning.

Don't know what to make of this post.

Just realized we have freed up squad numbers 3 4 5 6 and 10. Looks like our impeding arrivals have some nice numbers to choose from.

Shaw changed his Twitter account to LukeShaw3 if that means anything.

Hazard will likely be our number 10.

Why, because it's obscenely ignorant? I must have missed the memo that said all people who don't condone to the majority view are idiots. I have never once slagged off Luiz as a player. That's what is frustrating about him, he has all the technical ability in the world, but he's a walking brainfart of a defender.

The Bushman reference is equally ignorant/rude IMO.

Come now, Lex. Where was it ignorant? I said I couldn't disagree more with your opinion and I thought it was nonsense to say he isn't worth 15m when he's sold for nearly 50m. Barcelona were willing to pay around 35 in the last window...

Where is the ignorance? Can't someone say they disagree massively with someone else? Does it make people ignorant?

As for the bushman note it was just a joke, that I expected you to take lightly as it was supposed to. Sorry if you feel so offended by 3 lines where I didn't disrespect you or your opinion for one moment, just stated how I disagree and how the facts show that saying he isn't worth 15m when he's sold for 50m makes no sense...

I don't know if you realized you wrote something that made nonsense and became sensitive about the reactions or if only the latter, but I was absolutely respectful in my post to you except for one light comment that was supposed to be that, light comment, that you YOURSELF have made before. Your reaction though at least to my post seems out of proportion, but lesson learned. Two of them actually... and I'm rather disappointed.

***Brazilian ALERT***

Come on now... Lets not get carried away here. David Luiz has mental lapses at least 3-4 times a game and hasn't improved in 3yrs at the club. Best partnership in the world?? You have got to be out of your mind!

Maybe you never had a chance to watch them in Brazil... Silva make up for everything that Luiz lacks and Luiz compliments Silva style perfectly. They have excellent chemistry and understanding and that is an engine for a defense to work well.

Time will prove if I'm just being a Brazilian worshiping come countrymen (which if you knew me well you would know I don't automatically do. I criticize Ramires and a other players in the NT that I don't rate at all, just because I love Oscar, Willian and Luiz it doesn't mean I love all Brazilian players out there, I'm quite critical of many, many, many of them and I can list you at least 10 playing in big clubs in Europe now that I wouldn't want here) or if I'm just someone who's watched those guys playing together for Brazil and saw just how solid they are...

Brazilians I don't rate or rate as overrated cunts that I don't want here:

Dani Alves - huge cunt, passed his prime

Dante - bad defender

Hulk - not Chelsea level, lack technique

Henrique - overrated defender by Felipão

Lucas Moura - overrated brainless kid that has a lot of talent, but seems to have an empty space between his ears when it comes to football vision

Lucas Leiva - belongs to small clubs such as Liverpool

Maxwell - don't rate him as a great FB at all (he's not bad like Dante, for example) and I don't know why he's there and Filipe Luis isn't...

Maicon - although I absolutely love this guy, one of my fave Brazilian players ever, he's way passed his prime

That's eight only looking at the 30-player squad for NT. If I ignored NT and looked at the players in top teams that aren't in the NT the list would probably multiply by 3.

But it's been nice to have a chance for you to know me better. Maybe next time you won't jump to conclusions... not that it'd make any difference to me if you do or don't.

Vertongen? LMAO. And why do you sigh when we bought luiz for 21m and sold him for 50? Sounds like perfect business in my ears.

You are allowed to have any opinion. When havet I ever said otherwise? Its just that I find it VERY stupid to say luiz isnt worth more than 15 and that you think luiz was bad business.

That is your opinion and I respect it but I still find it stuipid.

Come now, Lex. Where was it ignorant? I said I couldn't disagree more with your opinion and I thought it was nonsense to say he isn't worth 15m when he's sold for nearly 50m. Barcelona were willing to pay around 35 in the last window...

Where is the ignorance? Can't someone say they disagree massively with someone else? Does it make people ignorant?

As for the bushman note it was just a joke, that I expected you to take lightly as it was supposed to. Sorry if you feel so offended by 3 lines where I didn't disrespect you or your opinion for one moment, just stated how I disagree and how the facts show that saying he isn't worth 15m when he's sold for 50m makes no sense...

I don't know if you realized you wrote something that made nonsense and became sensitive about the reactions or if only the latter, but I was absolutely respectful in my post to you except for one light comment that was supposed to be that, light comment, that you YOURSELF have made before. Your reaction though at least to my post seems out of proportion, but lesson learned. Two of them actually... and I'm rather disappointed.

Maybe you never had a chance to watch them in Brazil... Silva make up for everything that Luiz lacks and Luiz compliments Silva style perfectly. They have excellent chemistry and understanding and that is an engine for a defense to work well.

Time will prove if I'm just being a Brazilian worshiping come countrymen (which if you knew me well you would know I don't automatically do. I criticize Ramires and a other players in the NT that I don't rate at all, just because I love Oscar, Willian and Luiz it doesn't mean I love all Brazilian players out there, I'm quite critical of many, many, many of them and I can list you at least 10 playing in big clubs in Europe now that I wouldn't want here) or if I'm just someone who's watched those guys playing together for Brazil and saw just how solid they are...

Brazilians I don't rate or rate as overrated cunts that I don't want here:

Dani Alves - huge cunt, passed his prime

Dante - bad defender

Hulk - not Chelsea level, lack technique

Henrique - overrated defender by Felipão

Lucas Moura - overrated brainless kid that has a lot of talent, but seems to have an empty space between his ears when it comes to football vision

Lucas Leiva - belongs to small clubs such as Liverpool

Maxwell - don't rate him as a great FB at all (he's not bad like Dante, for example) and I don't know why he's there and Filipe Luis isn't...

Maicon - although I absolutely love this guy, one of my fave Brazilian players ever, he's way passed his prime

That's eight only looking at the 30-player squad for NT. If I ignored NT and looked at the players in top teams that aren't in the NT the list would probably multiply by 3.

But it's been nice to have a chance for you to know me better. Maybe next time you won't jump to conclusions... not that it'd make any difference to me if you do or don't.

Do I make fun of your litany?

Just because I think Luiz was a clown dressed in Chelsea´s shirt, you used my name?