David Luiz

the wes

Of course, this sideshow clown has done nothing special during his stay with Chelsea. Occasionally, he had a good game, but over all a liability on defense, a pretender in the midfield.

If someone thinks he is to be much better just because he will play in partnership with Silva, I would like to see it.

What the fuck? Clown? What is your deal? Don't be disrespectful.

I agree with her and I'm not Brazilian. 3-4 mental lapses a game is just completely overstating it, you're pretending that's the case.

Brazil have the best back four in the world. T. Silva and Luiz are outstanding together so it isn't really an outrageous thing to say.

Ya says you, not me! Attacking wise maybe defensively.... give me a break!

He does have a lot of lapses they don't always lead to scoring chances. His best performances came in the midfield, not in CB.

Wtf? And who the fuck are you? A keyboard warrior? Go do something productive instead of of hating and insulting one of the most loved players in Chelsea history.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Sorry to break it to you but it's 50 million Euros!

So that in pounds is like 40 something million. Which is still really good.

The banner on this page says "In the region of £50 million. But hey, like you say whichever it is it's good money and if its £50 million we really are quids in !! :D

He's not a midfielder and as a defender he's more often than not useless, in my opinion.

If Cahill is worth £9 million then no, I don't think Luiz is worth even £15 million.

Stuipid comparison. If you compare with what we BOUGHT cahill for, then is torres worth 50m today?

Anyway, if you honestly think luiz isnt worth more than 15m then you are so blind and ignorant that its hilarious.

sorry, Alex.

That's nonsense... Are you saying Luiz is more often than not useless as a defender? Not worth even 15m?

:lol:mate, that was bushman level, sorry to disagree massively.

Also, no doubts PSG will have one of the best, if not the very best defensive partnership in the world if they don't sell Silva. Luiz and Silva is a match made in heaven for defending, they compliment each other very well.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That deserves to be the post of the year!

Stuipid comparison. If you compare with what we BOUGHT cahill for, then is torres worth 50m today?

Anyway, if you honestly think luiz isnt worth more than 15m then you are so blind and ignorant that its hilarious.

You're the one being dismissive of other people's opinions because they don't adhere to your own narrow-minded view of the world. You believe that because you predicted we'd somehow win the UCL in 2012 that your word is gospel, and anyone who challenges your opinion is incorrect. So remind me who's being "blind and ignorant"?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

That deserves to be the post of the year!

Why, because it's obscenely ignorant? I must have missed the memo that said all people who don't condone to the majority view are idiots. I have never once slagged off Luiz as a player. That's what is frustrating about him, he has all the technical ability in the world, but he's a walking brainfart of a defender.

You're the one being dismissive of other people's opinions because they don't adhere to your own narrow-minded view of the world. The only person being "blind and ignorant" is you, little boy.

Why, because it's obscenely ignorant? I must have missed the memo that said all people who don't condone to the majority view are idiots.

I was referring to the part where she made the Bushman reference, not the point.

Was just laughing at it as its meant to be on the surface, nothing more. I apologize if I have made it seem like it was otherwise.

No apology necessary, and I have taken absolutely no offensive from either your post or from Barbara's! I'm made of far sterner stuff than that! :lol:

To me, saying "Bushman level" is very disrespectful to Bushman himself, who, despite taking the role of devil's advocate to the most extreme level, is capable of some very good posts.

And when I previously spoke about this, I repeatedly said that Rafa 'making Luiz a better defender' was a myth. If people paid enough attention to his form, Luiz ALWAYS had good form at the end of a season and he ALWAYS started seasons terribly. In that way, yes, he was consistent at being inconsistent. It's like he always needed a number months to adapt to the PL all over again. But every team, not just us, needs a defender who is good for the entire season, not half of it.

Yes, if by 'system' you mean teams that are attacking 'top heavy', play attractive football and win next to nothing? All of those teams are heavily reliant on blowing teams away with their attacking prowess or possession based football. However, their defending always leaves something to be desired - their unbalance is what stops them from challenging on all fronts and that is why these sorts or teams will rarely dominate in the PL.

- City's defence aren't reliable and can't defend without Kompany - they are the exception rather than the rule, they can get away with it because of the amount of quality strikers they can 'afford' (by breaking FFP). However, they can't even buy a spot in the late stages of the CL and won the PL because we and Liverpool threw it away. Hardly convincing.

- Arsenal are too reliant on possession football, leave too much space in behind, get slaughtered on the counter-attack and won 1 trophy in 9 years.

- Liverpool play great football, but simply can't defend for their lives.

Yes, Luiz would probably look fantastic in these teams, but he'd win very little. However, he'll win a lot with the likes of PSG, Munich, Barca domestically because their leagues are so terrible, but when it comes to Europe, these very exploitable weaknesses would still exist.

Mourinho is trying to build a team with no such weaknesses, and he's starting by getting a reliable defence.

I'd rep you ten times over if I could. Wholeheartedly agree. No-one is saying Luiz is a bad footballer. The argument is he too inconsistent, and thus too unreliable to be a first-choice centre back for Chelsea FC. Great post son.