David Luiz

the wes

He's been a good player for us, with the odd exceptional game. But no where near an 'exceptional' player. I'll always think Munich when I remember this guy, he was incredible that day, just like the other twelve that played apart that day.

But a fee in the region of £45m is great business, so thank you David and well done Chelsea.

Yeah. He was a good player for us with an occasional great performance. He also managed to get benched by just about every manager we had at some point for brainless mistakes. He'll do well at PSG because PSG doesn't require their defenders to defend much. They are dominant in their league and just go for attack. The Premier League requires a more consistent, responsible defender who takes fewer risks and turns the ball over less. I would have been happy with 30M for him.

I laugh at people who say Luiz was not first choice, he was only not first choice in Mourinho's defensive teams which failed to use his strenghs well, every other Chelsea manager before Mourinho thought he was first choice, dont get this at all Terry is 33 Cahill is average, Zouma inexperienced, Ivanovic is not gettin any young, Kalas is not trusted by Mourinho so why sell a world class CB who is in his prime ?? When u dont have a ready made replacement, dont tell me Terry will play another season like last season because he simply wont just like Ferdinand (Ferdinand played well in the season before this and was utter shit this season)

Because luiz isn't a world class cb.

Yeah. He was a good player for us with an occasional great performance. He also managed to get benched by just about every manager we had at some point for brainless mistakes. He'll do well at PSG because PSG doesn't require their defenders to defend much. They are dominant in their league and just go for attack. The Premier League requires a more consistent, responsible defender who takes fewer risks and turns the ball over less. I would have been happy with 30M for him.

I've been suggesting we sell him for the past two years because of the exact issues you've highlighted...I was lambasted every time!

As I said at the time, there is only so long a club like Chelsea can wait for this supposed 'world class' defender to consistently show up, especially when he seemed to continue to make the same mistakes he was making when he first arrived at 26/27. In the end, he just wasn't suited to the PL. He'll do very well in pretty much any other European league.

I disagree with this, because Luiz was showing that consistency in the second half of last season (something a lot of people seem to overlook), and also carried on this form into the Confederations Cup for Brazil. He was just very unfortunate when he came back - injured, no real rest over the summer and no pre season whatsoever... That set him back a bit this season because he was well on his way to really establishing himself as a top CB this season.

It's not that he isn't suited to the PL, it really just depends in what system he plays, as with any player. For example, I think he would've been great at Man City, especially next to Kompany, or maybe even Liverpool or Arsenal. He just isn't as useful in the system that Mourinho implemented. But that happens - same way how JT was barely used by Benitez last year and looked pretty much done as a top CB... It doesn't mean that he suddenly lost it all - just that it took a different system to bring out his strengths again and that's why he's been magnificent in general this time around.

As I said before, in the right system he'll be invaluable to any team especially if he has a good season. He does obviously have the ability to play for a team in the stature of ours, hence why clubs like Bayern, Barca and PSG were after him.

Demechiles really turn around and played well for CIty this season. I can only imagine how Luiz would of played paired up with him.. Teams like bayern, barca and madrid would of been great fits for him as well.

I'm glad for both the club and Luiz that they bought won out on the deal. Now, I'm waiting to see who Jose brings in.................

Glad he's going, to be honest. Surplus to requirements, and if someone is stupid to offer THAT amount of money for someone who isn't good enough to be our first-choice centre-back or an adequate enough option in midfield (square peg, round hole...), then you take the money and run. Cheers PSG, happy to do business.

David Luiz the MAN is worth £50 million. As a player he's not worth a quarter of that, in my honest opinion. Give me a "safe" option, i.e. Cahill, any day of the week.

Glad he's going, to be honest. Surplus to requirements, and if someone is stupid to offer THAT amount of money for someone who isn't good enough to be our first-choice centre-back or an adequate enough option in midfield (square peg, round hole...), then you take the money and run. Cheers PSG, happy to do business.

David Luiz the MAN is worth £50 million. As a player he's not worth a quarter of that, in my honest opinion. Give me a "safe" option, i.e. Cahill, any day of the week.

Not worth a quarter of 50m?

So u dont think luiz is even worth 15m?

LOL

Not worth a quarter of 50m?

So u dont think luiz is even worth 15m?

LOL

He's not a midfielder and as a defender he's more often than not useless, in my opinion.

If Cahill is worth £9 million then no, I don't think Luiz is worth even £15 million.

sorry, Alex.

That's nonsense... Are you saying Luiz is more often than not useless as a defender?

:lol: mate, that was bushman level, sorry to disagree massively.

In most cases, that is why Jose had to move him to midfield. As a defender he is probably not even in top 15 best in the world, maybe not even top 5-10 in the BPL so should be around 20m max. But as a footballer he is capable of moments of brilliance like scoring a 30 yards free kick, that is why he is so highly valued. Not to mention his brand and marketing with the likes of Adidas...etc. But as a footballer, anything over 20m is overpriced for him.

Just the sight of it now saying 'Ex Blues' makes me want to cry. I am genuinely upset by his leaving . Can't they leave anyone alone they already have Cavani and Zlatan :(

Ah well not a lot we can do. When we were at the bridge megastore it was sad everything that had Mata on it was reduced to like £1 and £0.50p guess it will be the same for David :(