David Luiz

the wes

Can only echo what others have said really.

Luiz came to us full of promise, as you'd expect from a young CB costing £25m-ish. He has had some fantastic periods here, despite short term thinking that forces opinions to the contrary. However, this season especially, he has shown that he cannot be completely relied upon as a top CB should be. He has been useful in midfield, but that is the extent of it. He is essentially our 3rd/4th choice CB and a part-time midfielder. If we are able to get anything over £30m for him it is fantastic, nevermind the 40-50m prices that are being thrown around.

I do not feel the way our team is set up gets the best out of him as a CB. At Bayern or Barcelona, for example, I think we would fit in very well with his aggressive pressing, his decent passing and pace. Defending deep and being fully concentrated for the whole game like he has to be at Chelsea doesn't suit him.

Wish him the best because for all his errors and flaws, he seems like a thoroughly decent bloke and is no doubt a very talented player.

Actually he was the best passer we had to develop something from the back/mid as Mourinho prefer to use Ramires! :doh:

Benatia's the player PSG should've gone for, although I suspect they wanted Luiz for reasons off the pitch as much as his ability. If we are looking for a replacement he'd be the first player I'd hope we go for

Cant see why is everyone soo excited....its not like you will get any of those 50m <_<
And there is no guarantee we will actualy spend that money on world class CM, striker or whoever..

Right now only thing is that we are about to lose one of biggest faces of this Chelsea team.

Mata and De Bruyne are showing they are still fantastic players...Its Mou fault as he is unable to adopt himself to suit the players and team we already have. He needs to sell half of players and bring half new ones to make his team work...it better work for Mou next season, because if we lose titles, he will get fired and we will stick with bunch of players that no one will be able to turn into decent attacking football side...

Cant see why is everyone soo excited....its not like you will get any of those 50m <_<

And there is no guarantee we will actualy spend that money on world class CM, striker or whoever..

Right now only thing is that we are about to lose one of biggest faces of this Chelsea team.

Mata and De Bruyne are showing they are still fantastic players...Its Mou fault as he is unable to adopt himself to suit the players and team we already have. He needs to sell half of players and bring half new ones to make his team work...it better work for Mou next season, because if we lose titles, he will get fired and we will stick with bunch of players that no one will be able to turn into decent attacking football side...

Well men, Mata leaving was really not the fault of Mourinho.

It was because we had Hazard, Oscar and Mata.

Not all 3 can play at the same time as shown by RDM time. It was too much of a liability.

When Benitez came he hardly ever start them 3 cause he knew it brought no balance.

With Mourinho he preferred Oscar as Oscar brought more of a balance then Mata, despite Mata being more creative.

Either way one had to stay on the bench, and so happend it was Mata and he didn't like it. Rightly so for a player like him, hence it was best for him to leave.

KDB, might have a point as he was not really giving a chance and we went and bought Salah. I rather had kept KDB then buying Salah but it is what is.

People gawking at this price forget Luiz is probably the 2nd most marketable Brazilian player out there behind Neymar. PSG have obviously factored that into the equation

And its clear they want it done before the World Cup starts. Naming rights will play a huge part.

I've been a vocal critic of some of Jose's antics, but I disagree with this. Luiz has been a defensive liability the moment he stepped into Stamford Bridge. It's not a Mourinho thing. If anything, Mourinho and the CFC board especially should be getting praised for selling a player we don't need for twice his actual value!

Luiz will be a defensive liability at CB in any side in the PL, even City.

Well its your opinion. I dont think Luiz is a great CB, i never thought KDB is a very talented AM, so i agree we should have sold them with the money the other clubs offered. So i dont think its Mou's fault. He came to Chelsea to bulid a top team, why should he settle for less when he could do better with different tools?

You shouldnt think only "right now", because the summer didnt even started yet, the club has a plan and we should judge the results in the end of the summer. Till now, when we sell Luiz for 40m i see a rotation player who shouldnt be a starter next season leaving for 40m. Thats good business.

Actually he was the best passer we had to develop something from the back/mid as Mourinho prefer to use Ramires! :doh:

I meant 'decent' as relative for a top level CM. I am aware of our outstandingly bad passers in midfield. Thankfully Matic isn't bad.

David Luiz (£21.3M) in 2011

De Bruyne (£6.7M) in 2012

Mata (£23.5M) in 2011

= £51.5M

Sold/Selling - £103.8M

Profit - £52.3M.

#CFC

Just about covers for Torres transfer! :D

I meant 'decent' as relative for a top level CM. I am aware of our outstandingly bad passers in midfield. Thankfully Matic isn't bad.

Yeah this would be the second target after a striker that we need to fix. But knowing Mourinho I think he will stick Ramires there who can't pass for shit. <_<

I was excited when we won the Champions League even though I didn't play. We are glad because that 50 million is good for us. Manchester City have just sucked with FFP.