David Luiz

the wes

If it's true. Take the money and run. Love the guy as a person, not as a CB, enjoy him as a CDM.

£50m for a non-starter is brilliant.

Also the reason for the high price is that apparently PSG acted quickly to ensure they got him ahead of competition from Barca and Bayern, and it is PSG so they have been known to spend very highly to get the player they want.

If true, just shows how much clubs are willing to pay for ball-playing defenders. Not a critique on Mourinho, all managers have their own tactics and philosophies, but it makes me think if we played in a way Luiz is best utilized what would we have witnessed.

Ah well.. It's good to see we're capable of making good profit on players. Mata, De Bryune now Luiz.. Hope the replacement doesn't cost us an arm and leg.

Would anyone prefer a straight swap for Cavani instead?

Not really.. if we're getting £50m on transfer only we could use that more efficiently and value players more accurately. With a straight swap our opportunity cost could be higher.

Even Di Marzio is reporting it as well. This one is happening guys!! Hard to believe the insane sum though. Even I will be shy of accepting that type of money, if true. PSG are destroying the market.

Just to think we bought Hazard for 32 million just 2 seasons ago.

If true, just shows how much clubs are willing to pay for ball-playing defenders. Not a critique on Mourinho, all managers have their own tactics and philosophies, but it makes me think if we played in a way Luiz is best utilized what would we have witnessed.

Ah well.. It's good to see we're capable of making good profit on players. Mata, De Bryune now Luiz.. Hope the replacement doesn't cost us an arm and leg.

Luiz will never work in Chelsea or the premier league because of its physicality and because there are no teams in the PL that are world class at dominating possession and dictating tempo, not even City. It's my opinion that Luiz will suffer the same problems if he was at City or Liverpool. Luiz has already shown he can't handle the physicality and directness of the league. And it's not just about the PL, it's a certain style of football that Luiz is not comfortable playing. He will struggle in Atletico Madrid as well because they actually do some serious defending for fairly large stretches in games.

I only see Luiz being a WC defender at the following teams: PSG, Bayern and Barca. Teams that completely dominate possession in their respective leagues from minute 1 to 90. He will be absolutely amazing in these teams. Ironically, these are the exact same teams that have shown serious interest.