David Luiz

the wes

Yes, and because of that selling him was the right thing to do.

We could sell Oscar, Hazard, Matic and everybody if we wanted.

What makes the "right" thing to do is if either we have the right replacement or use the money to buy someone better.

I'll be sad when David leaves, but happy for Chelsea to cash good money for him. Had some good discussions in this thread earlier in the season and it looks as though Mourinho's team sheet had a bunch of round holes. David is a square peg and just didn't have the proper fit in this system. There are a couple of rich teams with some square holes in their defence and it will be good for Chelsea to take advantage of their wallets, but seeing David eventually flourish at Barca or PSG or wherever he ends up will always leave me wondering why we couldn't machine one of our round holes a bit for him, he'll be a legend at his next team. I agree with most people here that we need to cash in on him, but that doesn't mean I need to agree with their opinions of him as a player. Some will say I overvalue him, I will say others undervalue him. In the end it doesn't matter as long as Mourinho uses that money to help fill the holes and we progress as a team next season. That's what we all want, isn't it?

We could sell Oscar, Hazard, Matic and everybody if we wanted.

What makes the "right" thing to do is if either we have the right replacement or use the money to buy someone better.

We could sell any one of those three but then we'd be selling a starter, which Mata most certainly was not. Mata had already been replaced by Willian earlier in the season so we didn't need to spend all of the 37m pounds on a direct replacement. I would guess that most of that money is still there to be spent this summer on a striker or a central midfielder, which are both very much priorities over having a player of Mata's quality warming the bench.

We could sell any one of those three but then we'd be selling a starter, which Mata most certainly was not. Mata had already been replaced by Willian earlier in the season so we didn't need to spend all of the 37m pounds on a direct replacement. I would guess that most of that money is still there to be spent this summer on a striker or a central midfielder, which are both very much priorities over having a player of Mata's quality warming the bench.

Just because Mata was warming the bench a bit does not means nothing.

He had two good seasons, it's hard to sustain insane season back to back.

David Silva at City had two good season, one bad season and then a better season.

Under Benitez Lampard and Terry was bench warmer.

It's all depending in the state of the player and who's managing the team.

But I keep stating, you could sell anyone in the team as long as you have the proper target lineup.

Fee agreed apparently, £32m or 40m euros. A bit overpriced imo but won't complain, now time to sign someone like Pogba or Vidal if we can to replace him.

Source?

And why would we get Pogba? I never understood this sudden interest for him in some fans, when we have a gem of a youth product named Chalobah who's potential could be enormous when integrated properly. Isn't that what this club needs? Some identity? Or will we cast him aside like United did with Pogba, (mind you he was less talented than Chalobah currently when he was shipped off). Not to mention we have Romeu coming back, who I think will be a big help for us, and MVG coming back from injury.

We need a deep lying play maker more than anything if we are to continue our 4-2-3-1 system.

Source?

And why would we get Pogba? I never understood this sudden interest for him in some fans, when we have a gem of a youth product named Chalobah who's potential could be enormous when integrated properly. Isn't that what this club needs? Some identity? Or will we cast him aside like United did with Pogba, (mind you he was less talented than Chalobah currently when he was shipped off). Not to mention we have Romeu coming back, who I think will be a big help for us, and MVG coming back from injury.

We need a deep lying play maker more than anything if we are to continue our 4-2-3-1 system.

All over the news and around the web, usually it is this much noise it is close to being done, will be announced after WC sources said.

And just a suggestion, also Chalobah hasn't really proved it at highest level yet. At Npower league he was OK, not even named any where near player of the season so he cannot be that extremely impressive yet. I don't think Jose will trust him atm, maybe in a couple of years.

Source?

Disagree with the last bit.

We already have that player in Matic and like you said, Nathaniel could perhaps cover for Matic. What we need is a B2B player who is technically better than Ramires. Ramires has the stamina and the determination, but his technique is lacking.

I personally don't think the team work well with another DLP, or a slow player because of how deep our defense sits. Gary is pretty bad going forward in possession and so is Terry. So, that's help our midfield will never get, therefore in this setup we will need specialized midfielders to do that job and link defense and attack and do that quickly. That has been one of the problems this season, and one of the reasons Jose played Luiz in midfield so much against the top sides and fairly successfully based on results.

All over the news and around the web, usually it is this much noise it is close to being done, will be announced after WC sources said.

And just a suggestion, also Chalobah hasn't really proved it at highest level yet. At Npower league he was OK, not even named any where near player of the season so he cannot be that extremely impressive yet. I don't think Jose will trust him atm, maybe in a couple of years.

And that mentality has come right out of what modern football has become today, instant success, having someone proven or established, never giving any youth a chance that would give this league the much more identity it needs.

Source?

romeu? he is unable to break into valencia's first team.

And that mentality has come right out of what modern football has become today, instant success, having someone proven or established, never giving any youth a chance that would give this league the much more identity it needs.

Yeah because you would rather see Chalobah who is homegrown academy player over Pogba who is capble of banging them in from 30 yards. I suppose if next season we challenge and win nothing again but with Chalobah...etc in the team you will be happy too? Pogba is not exactly old, he is just extremely better than Chalobah atm and if we can afford it, why not?

romeu? he is unable to break into valencia's first team.

You do know he has suffered a knee injury, correct?

Yeah because you would rather see Chalobah who is homegrown academy player over Pogba who is capble of banging them in from 30 yards. I suppose if next season we challenge and win nothing again but with Chalobah...etc in the team you will be happy too? Pogba is not exactly old, he is just extremely better than Chalobah atm and if we can afford it, why not?

Modern fan mentality.

A box to box midfielder partnering Matic wouldn't work imo, especially in the system Jose is running. In a system where the source of our transition lies within the central midfield duo, it is crucial to have a holding midfielder with defensive attributes, IE Matic, and most of all, having a player with distribution instincts, (Finding space, working well under pressure, movement off the ball, retrieving the ball and picking the right pass to control the momentum).

Jose puts Luiz in the midfield because of the hilarity of Lampard, Ramires, and Mikel's inability to distribute properly from that deep. It's really a sad thing when our best passer in midfield is a centre back naturally. Whether Lampard, Ramires, or Mikel is in that role, you can see us struggle against top opposition, and it is ever so blatant when Oscar continues to drop deep and help lead transition from the attacking midfield spot.

We certainly agree on the passing. The fact our B2b cant pass. the football doesnt mean others cant. Dortmunds B2B dont have a problem handling the football. ;) i just meant i dont want anotther slow player like matic. Mikel with matic Was painful to watch.

We certainly agree on the passing. The fact our B2b cant pass. the football doesnt mean others cant. Dortmunds B2B dont have a problem handling the football. ;) i just meant i dont want anotther slow player like matic. Mikel with matic Was painful to watch.

Bender, a defensive holding midfielder, is partnering Gundogan, a deep lying playmaker.

Alonso, a defensive holding midfielder, is partnering Modric, a deep lying playmaker.

We have a better defense than both clubs as well.