David Luiz

the wes

Losing Luiz is more than just losing just our 3rd cb/cm.

Losing Luiz means losing our best locker room person, the connection between the foreigners and English, the leader of Brazilian Chelsea. Their definitely a stronger chance Oscar leaves if Luiz is dealt to Barcelona/PSG.

Losing Luiz is more than just losing just our 3rd cb/cm.

Losing Luiz means losing our best locker room person, the connection between the foreigners and English, the leader of Brazilian Chelsea. Their definitely a stronger chance Oscar leaves if Luiz is dealt to Barcelona/PSG.

Can't agree with any of that. How is he the best locker room person when we still have JT, Frank, Cahill, Cech etc? In fact there were plenty of rumours of some people being pissed off with him around the Newcastle game.

And like fuck is he the connection between the foreigners and the English players. Sorry but that is just utterly ridiculous. There is no 'Brazilian Chelsea' either - there's Chelsea.

Some people need to get some perspective. We're selling a player who isn't a starter for us for enough money to buy someone who is.

Their definitely a stronger chance Oscar leaves if Luiz is dealt to Barcelona/PSG.

So what? If he can't take one of his mates being sold, in my opinion he is free to go as long as someone pays us enough. It's not like Oscar is irreplaceable or anything and if his mental strength was that bad, we'd be better off without him.

This guy isn't the leader of a faction, he is a player that isn't a regular starter, hasn't got a designated position due to indifferent performances and he is also a cash kitty to go spend on a position we need.

Can't agree with any of that. How is he the best locker room person when we still have JT, Frank, Cahill, Cech etc? In fact there were plenty of rumours of some people being pissed off with him around the Newcastle game.

And like fuck is he the connection between the foreigners and the English players. Sorry but that is just utterly ridiculous. There is no 'Brazilian Chelsea' either - there's Chelsea.

Some people need to get some perspective. We're selling a player who isn't a starter for us for enough money to buy someone who is.

So what? If he can't take one of his mates being sold, in my opinion he is free to go as long as someone pays us enough. It's not like Oscar is irreplaceable or anything and if his mental strength was that bad, we'd be better off without him.

Locker room leaders are very important.

JT, Lampard, Cole, Cech are all on their last legs, than what? I'm not a Luiz fan, because I'v already stated multiple times how I think he's overrated at Chelsea. However, Luiz is the link imo in the locker room and the leader to the young brazilians. Losing him is more than just losing a backup player...

JT, Lampard, Cole, Cech are all on their last legs, than what? I'm not a Luiz fan, because I'v already stated multiple times how I think he's overrated at Chelsea. However, Luiz is the link imo in the locker room and the leader to the young brazilians. Losing him is more than just losing a backup player...

What about Ivanovic, Cahill and Azpi?

What about the new stars of the team like Matic, Oscar and Hazard?

I think we'll survive without David Luiz in the side on the bench.

I agree to some extent, but if the locker room aspect and the guy's amazing personality are the only arguments in favour of keeping a player who will fetch us €40m then it really is a no-brainer to sell him. I'm pretty sure Luiz himself also favors a move elsewhere because at a club like Barcelona he can be their first choice CB but at Chelsea he will still be 3rd choice at best next season.

Also, I would argue that we have plenty of strong locker room players in the core of our team. You know, players like Cahill, Ivanovic, Azpi and Matic, all of whom are actually contributing on the pitch as well and not just in the locker room.

Just go to listen to the foreigners when they first come to chelsea, ( perfect ex. Being salah) they speak of how they are welcome by luiz more so due to his big personality than say terry and lampard( of course they welcome them but luiz is simply luiz) if you look at ivanovic , Cahill, etc they do not compare to luiz( and you know it) in embrasing a newcomer. P.S. Think about it , if you were a newcomer to the chelsea squad ( take out lampard, terry, and Cech who are obligated to welcome a newcomer because of their position in the club...) who do you think is likely to welcome you ?

Great deal for 39m.

If true, much better than I expected. Some people thought this samba boy was deemed to become Chelsea´s captain. Lol.

To me, too erratic as a defender, a bit better than an average midfielder & too wild on his free kicks.

That amount of money is even better than Mata´s to Manures. :getin:

I agree to some extent, but if the locker room aspect and the guy's amazing personality are the only arguments in favour of keeping a player who will fetch us €40m then it really is a no-brainer to sell him. I'm pretty sure Luiz himself also favors a move elsewhere because at a club like Barcelona he can be their first choice CB but at Chelsea he will still be 3rd choice at best next season.

Also, I would argue that we have plenty of strong locker room players in the core of our team. You know, players like Cahill, Ivanovic, Azpi and Matic, all of whom are actually contributing on the pitch as well and not just in the locker room.

Cahill might be good on the pitch, but not a natural leader for me.

After Terry leaves...which god knows who then it has to be someone that command respect like it was Terry and Lampard.

So as to all the players out their in the field I don't think I see anyone with that attitude.

David Luiz is a friendly character but not in the mold of Kompany, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard and such.

I think this is why despite Cole might be leaving, as well Lampard, Terry is still vital for us. Because we have yet to get that natural leader in our team.

And the price on DL being quoted is on Euros, don't confuse Euro vs Pounds.

I guess that would put us at 33 million pounds if it's the range of 39 million Euros

Cahill might be good on the pitch, but not a natural leader for me.

After Terry leaves...which god knows who then it has to be someone that command respect like it was Terry and Lampard.

So as to all the players out their in the field I don't think I see anyone with that attitude.

David Luiz is a friendly character but not in the mold of Kompany, Terry, Gerrard, Lampard and such.

I think this is why despite Cole might be leaving, as well Lampard, Terry is still vital for us. Because we have yet to get that natural leader in our team.

And the price on DL being quoted is on Euros, don't confuse Euro vs Pounds.

I guess that would put us at 33 million pounds if it's the range of 39 million Euros

Fully aware of the difference between GBP and EUR as I happen to live in a country that uses the Euro. :P

€39m = £32m, no matter the currency it would still be a shitload of money for a benchwarmer.

Anyway I'll leave the locker room stuff to Jose because surely he knows better, after all he is working with the lads every day. If he feels Luiz won't be missed in neither the pitch or the dressing room and that the money is better off spent elsewhere, I will trust him completely.