Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich

BlueLion.
Followers 0

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

I honestly think Jupp Heynckes purposely had his team play softly.

The way the defense seemed careless made it obvious. I just hope Boateng gets his shit together tbh

I don't think he'd do that. Losing a cup final is a huge morale deflator, especially if you concede 5 in the process.

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think he'd do that. Losing a cup final is a huge morale deflator, especially if you concede 5 in the process.

Well, I think he knew that we were never going to beat Dortmund. And I agree as it is a huge morale deflator for Bayer, but Im sure Jupp doesnt want his return to Bayern to be trophyless. He knows if he told his team to put it all, they would not have won.

Off topic but I really respect Dortmund as a club, they deserved it 100%, they went from nothing to world all in the process of just one season, and they turn young players and rejects into stars! I really hope they can perform the same in Europe.

Certainly was interesting. Now, what's he going to do? Go left? What if Neuer anticipates that and goes left? Nightmare.

If we do get a pen, I am willing to bet my house that Frank will blast it down the middle. He always does in big occasions.

If we do get a pen, I am willing to bet my house that Frank will blast it down the middle. He always does in big occasions.

Thinking RDM would surely have the players practice their penalties in training, just in case.

Thinking RDM would surely have the players practice their penalties in training, just in case.

Why bother? If it comes down to pens, everyone knows there will only be one outcome.

Why bother? If it comes down to pens, everyone knows there will only be one outcome.

I know there's the German thing going on here but hope you're not serious when you said that.

I would be worried if Mata is taking the penalty though.

Or Luiz for that matter. Actually, in our current squad I would only trust Lamps, DD and Kalou to take pens.

Or Luiz for that matter. Actually, in our current squad I would only trust Lamps, DD and Kalou to take pens.

True. And with the squad slightly stretched because of the suspensions, we might see Malouda, Mikel, Essien, Cole all taking penalties.

Ask Barcelona ahahah, in the first gol of the 1st leg, the goal of chelsea was incredible, 3 touch and gol, fast and simple

Granted, but it was once in 90 minutes, and you were at home. Dortmund did it five times on a neutral pitch. This is my point... Chelsea are a very good counter-attacking team (not taking anything away from you), but, just from this aspect, Dortmund are a class above anyone else at the moment.

If you can emulate that, you can score 5 against us in the final as well. But I really doubt you could do it as efficiently as Dortmund.

The Bayern players lacked will yesterday. Their minds were clearly on the CL final. However, now some heads will be lowered. I don't mind losing out on the DFB Pokal, in fact I'm more worried about the morale ahead of the CL final. We hope we don't end up 2nd in all competitions this season :)

Granted, but it was once in 90 minutes, and you were at home. Dortmund did it five times on a neutral pitch. This is my point... Chelsea are a very good counter-attacking team (not taking anything away from you), but, just from this aspect, Dortmund are a class above anyone else at the moment.

If you can emulate that, you can score 5 against us in the final as well. But I really doubt you could do it as efficiently as Dortmund.

The Bayern players lacked will yesterday. Their minds were clearly on the CL final. However, now some heads will be lowered. I don't mind losing out on the DFB Pokal, in fact I'm more worried about the morale ahead of the CL final. We hope we don't end up 2nd in all competitions this season :)

Amen!

True. And with the squad slightly stretched because of the suspensions, we might see Malouda, Mikel, Essien, Cole all taking penalties.

Ashley Cole is a very assured penalty taker. Would have no worries about him stepping up. Done it more than enough times, in big occasions.

I think its very easy just to say Bayern lacked the will or weren't fully focused yesterday, but in all honesty i'm sure they were. The one thing all players want is trophies and when you get a chance to go on and win one, you will always put in full focus especially when its against one of your rivals. The fact is yesterday Bayern were simply outclassed which had nothing to do with them. Klopp got his tactics spot on and that early goal really helped to rattle them (even though they equalised) and so those saying 'don't read too much into this game' i think are just doing so to not appear to over confident or get their hopes up. I'm not getting confident either, but we can draw a lot from this game. We've seen how to attack Bayern effectively, how to defend against them and how we should put pressure on them. The effect of this loss will also no doubt effect their players and their spirit, they've just been thumped in a bloody cup final ffs! The thought of how they conceded so early will carry on to the next final and they'll be tentative and so hopefully we can pounce then. The slim hopes we had have definitely increased, not by a lot, but enough to give us hope

Ashley Cole is a very assured penalty taker. Would have no worries about him stepping up. Done it more than enough times, in big occasions.

Didn't he blast one over in the penalty shootout against Everton in the FA Cup last season??

I honestly think Jupp Heynckes purposely had his team play softly.

The way the defense seemed careless made it obvious. I just hope Boateng gets his shit together tbh

this is nonsense fella. No manager will tell his team to take it easy in a final.
  • James changed the title to Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich
  • James pinned this topic
  • James unpinned this topic