BlueLion.
Followers 0

344 members have voted

1. 1. MOTM?

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lahm and Ribery played really well. Others not so good. I am not getting carried away but this is giving me more confidence. I think Drogba and Torres (or even Sturridge) can exploit their defense. Obviously, we need to keep it extremely tight for Ribery, and robben. Defending deep, long balls chased down by pacy players with clinical finishing can do the job. Hope it happens.

These boys are gonna be very VERY angry after this. Dortmund really impressed me tonight and are well worth their win but the problem is we dont play half as fluently as that but it still gives hope to see Munich suffer such a defeat

ps should say that Riberys piece of brilliance for his goal was what we need to be on top of all night

Anger doesn't lead to the best brand of football... This is a crushing defeat to a big rival I would think if anything it will take some wind out of their sails.

Anger doesn't lead to the best brand of football... This is a crushing defeat to a big rival I would think if anything it will take some wind out of their sails.

It could be work for us or against us. Best not to take Bayern's result tonight too much into next week.

We conceded 4 with reserves in a game that didn't matter, they conceded 5 with their best team in a cup final. But it needs to be said that Dortmund are far better than this livershit joke we played against.

First time Bayern has allowed 5 since early 2009, the game before they vs. us.

Has to be debilitating, losing to your closest domestic rival soundly in a cup final. Neuer will be rattled for sure and knowing that two of their defenders will be out? Didier has to be charged up knowing this

Bayern were pretty average tonight. Their defence looked real dodgy even with their first choice back 4. It felt as if they already had their minds on the Champions League final and suspect they may be even under more pressure to win it next weekend, especially with the game being played at their own ground. That said, Bayern will definitely play better next week, with a makeshit defence or not. Need our players to step up and be counted if we are to succeed.

Good point, I think they are definitely under more pressure than our team....

I don't see how it's possible not to step up and be counted in a game like this.. .

I believe we'll win it.

It could be work for us or against us. Best not to take Bayern's result tonight too much into next week.

Its human nature it may not have a major impact but to say it won't have any is a stretch... They are a young team who just lost a cup final and surrendered the most goals in a loss since 2009. That has to be viewed as a positive... How much of one is definitely in question

Bayern lost 5-2 hahaha, i think chelsea is better than dortmund. we should win the final no doubt.

For other part, Essien must play the final, i don't know why everybody prefers mikel

A controversial post. :ph34r:

Ouch! Not a good game at all for us. Dortmund have terrificly fast counter-attacks and they ripped our defensive midfield and defense up completely. Hats off for them, though the result is a bit flattering for them (they only had 6 shots on goal).

i think chelsea is better than dortmund

Dortmund's Hummels wouldn't quite agree with this. Before today's cup final he said that they "are the best team ever". Of course, this is plain BS, but I also don't think there's any other team in the world that's so great at counter attacks. They repeatedly went from GK to being 1-on-1 with Neuer with just three passes. While Chelsea definitely has better quality than Dortmund, there's no way you guys could counter-attack as fast as Dortmund. At least we really hope not, given that van Buyten may even play in the final.

we should win the final no doubt.

:lol: Bayern are a good side, and are at home, it should be a difficult game.

But it is one we can win, if we play at our best.

Ouch! Not a good game at all for us. Dortmund have terrificly fast counter-attacks and they ripped our defensive midfield and defense up completely. Hats off for them, though the result is a bit flattering for them (they only had 6 shots on goal).

Dortmund's Hummels wouldn't quite agree with this. Before today's cup final he said that they "are the best team ever". Of course, this is plain BS, but I also don't think there's any other team in the world that's so great at counter attacks. They repeatedly went from GK to being 1-on-1 with Neuer with just three passes. While Chelsea definitely has better quality than Dortmund, there's no way you guys could counter-attack as fast as Dortmund. At least we really hope not, given that van Buyten may even play in the final.

We will utilize the counter attack for sure but I don't think that is where the game will be won or lost. Whichever team wins the midfield battle will prevail IMO, Kroos, Bastian and Muller(?) vs. Lamps, Mikel and Mata... I believe you have more attacking zeal but we have more steel, whichever comes to the forefront will decide the contest.

o and we are def going to play counter attack, i think our team can be very fast on the break..ramires is a huge miss because he would have destroyed bayern but i still think that we can counter attack with kalou, mata and drogba..using malouda as an outside left for crosses. i think malouda's job is going to be stopping robben and passing to more creative players.

i dont take too much of today into the final because obviously bayern are at home, but one thing i will take is the way they play which is from the back might suit us given that we are a counter attacking team.

Ask Barcelona ahahah, in the first gol of the 1st leg, the goal of chelsea was incredible, 3 touch and gol, fast and simple

• James changed the title to Champions League Final 2012 - Chelsea 1 (4) - (3) 1 Bayern Munich
  • James pinned this topic
  • James unpinned this topic
  • James unlocked this topic