Salomon Kalou

We Hate Scouse

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I comend your effort, but there is no way you can convince me Kalou was a good signing.

Tbf, back when we signed him he was an excellent signing because he was very good for his age, problem is he just hasn't improved one bit since which is why his departure is a couple of years overdue.

Cap's vehement defending of Kalou is not only over the top but rather irritating.

Maybe he goes OTT at times, but someone needs to counter the ridiculous and uncalled for hate he gets.

Being glad he is gone is one thing, as is not rating him, but when their are post's basically implying he has contributed nothing in his 6 years at the club it has me wanting to bang my head against a brick wall.

Yes he may not have progressed to the world class player every one was predicting but if he is as bad as half this forum like to make out then why did Carlo, Hiddink and Jose, 3 of the best managers in world football, see him as a decent part of the squad? Infact why did the worlds best manager sign him in the first place if he was so bad?

There can be a lot lot worse players to have as mere squad players than this guy, something we are likely to find out in coming season's.

Maybe he goes OTT at times, but someone needs to counter the ridiculous and uncalled for hate he gets.

Being glad he is gone is one thing, as is not rating him, but when their are post's basically implying he has contributed nothing in his 6 years at the club it has me wanting to bang my head against a brick wall.

Yes he may not have progressed to the world class player every one was predicting but if he is as bad as half this forum like to make out then why did Carlo, Hiddink and Jose, 3 of the best managers in world football, see him as a decent part of the squad? Infact why did the worlds best manager sign him in the first place if he was so bad?

There can be a lot lot worse players to have as mere squad players than this guy, something we are likely to find out in coming season's.

Nobody's saying that he didn't contribute anything at all, he certainly did. But think about it from this angle: if he had actually been sold, he would have been replaced by someone else who would have provided more than what Kalou offered. Yes he did provide a lot of defensive protection last season in the CL but over the last 3-4 years, we would have been better off *as a team* if he had been replaced. If only we'd brought in a proper right winger much earlier.... Basically imo he has benefitted from our board being unbelievably stupid between 2007-2010 and not doing any proper rebuilding with key positions in mind.

Mourinho signed Kalou when he was 21, he was raw & had the potential to become a solid winger according to various scouting reports.

Now, at the age of 26, he's become an average player with a poor footballing brain. He never quite developed at Chelsea.

He only got games at Chelsea because we've lacked proper wingers for a number of seasons.

Glad he's gone. Now we can move on with the rebuilding process.

better transfer than Torres pound for pound, which is the only standard, measurable factor.

Not quite. Taking one of the foreigners' spot and earning wages which for 99% of his stay did not match his role in the squad are simplistic yet mention-worthy factors that are as good as the one you base your current argument on.

Nobody's saying that he didn't contribute anything at all, he certainly did. But think about it from this angle: if he had actually been sold, he would have been replaced by someone else who would have provided more than what Kalou offered. Yes he did provide a lot of defensive protection last season in the CL but over the last 3-4 years, we would have been better off *as a team* if he had been replaced. If only we'd brought in a proper right winger much earlier.... Basically imo he has benefitted from our board being unbelievably stupid between 2007-2010 and not doing any proper rebuilding with key positions in mind.

Not saying this is isn't the right time to let him go (although if anyone was going to stay out of him and Malouda it should have been him) but what royally annoys me is there are some fans that just won't praise Kalou under any circumstances no matter what he does, quick to point out his admittedly many faults, but whenever he does something good (IE score a crucial goal) its ignored or twisted in a way were he still sounds bad.

I for example have been one of Bosingwa's harshest critics, but if he had a good game and did well, i would acknowledge that and give him credit, the Kalou critics don't, that's what buggs me.

Who said Kalou was the worse player we've signed anyway? Kalou, when signed, alongside Mikel, was seen as part of the future CFC. Obviously Kalou didn't develop as everyone would've liked, but he was still a decent player who made a decent contribution.

He was a hard worker, who made up for his average footballing brain through pure grit and high work ethic.

Farewell Sal, you've served the club well. Hopefully you'll be as good or even better at your next club.

Not quite. Taking one of the foreigners' spot and earning wages which for 99% of his stay did not match his role in the squad are simplistic yet mention-worthy factors that are as good as the one you base your current argument on.

Foreigner's spot didn't matter until 2010/11 and by then he could have opted for English citizenship if the club really wanted to bring in another non-EU player.

Foreigner's spot didn't matter until 2010/11 and by then he could have opted for English citizenship if the club really wanted to bring in another non-EU player.

Just let him go Cap. He's gone and he is not coming back. Stop arguing how he was a good signing and a good player. He was shit. These are just things you have to face.

Just let him go Cap. He's gone and he is not coming back. Stop arguing how he was a good signing and a good player. He was the greatest player in the history of the known universe. These are just things you have to face.

It'll be easier to get over him if we get Sigurdsson soon or N'Doye now.

:(