Salomon Kalou

We Hate Scouse

Please, proceed to tell me how Kalou is the worst player of the lot. I'm sure I'll be very interested to listen to your 'rationale', which will probably be the party favourite, "He's just plain shit.", which is followed up 30 seconds later with a "FERNANDO I LOVE YOU YOU'LL SCORE 90 GOALS THIS SEASON LETS BUILD A TEAM AROUND HIM".

'No-goal' Pizarro was a much better signing, right lads? So was 'Crackhead' Mutu! And so was 'I play 20 games and then bugger off to Italy' Crespo. Of course, we can't leave out 'Permanently crocked' Zhirkov; or "3 games a season" Lukaku; or '6 million pounds per goal' Torres. You heard it here first :rolleyes:

Dude, relax.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really not interested in discussing anything Kalou related with you. I have no problem with your bias and borderline delusional opinion regarding Kalou. But i do have a problem with how you attack other and former Chelsea players to make your argument about Kalou. It is very unproductive and only garners more dislike for Kalou among other posters.

Just for the record i don't think he was the worst signing, and far from it. But he stayed way too long, he showed little to no progression and proved unreliable at times at Chelsea. He should be thanked for his contributions at Chelsea, but it is a really good day that he has been released.

How the fuck can someone compare Kalou and Belletti? One was a 30+ year old defender and the other was a potentially potent forward.

Cap's vehement defending of Kalou is not only over the top but rather irritating.

I'm glad Kalou is gone because he hasnt progressed as a footballer and how is the club supposed to progress when it's players don't?

I do like him though.

This is ridiculous. Cap, just because you've put your opinions in a chart, doesn't make it fact. If you deem Kalou to be a signing equal to, for example, Malouda, then I respect that. I disagree however, and you should respect that too.

Serious lack of objectivity in here.

Edit: Over my time here, i've seen a lot of personal attacks/criticism on Kalou, and it often gets taken too far. I like his attitude and his spirit - He clearly is a good character to have around the squad. However, i've always said he lacks a 'footballing brain'. He was decent at taking on players and his finishing was never questioned, but his decision making was always his downside/weakness, which is the root of most fans' frustrations. I've no interest in comparing him to say, Torres, as there is no measurable scale of opinion. I'd say he proved himself a useful signing, and we should be grateful for his contributions, but it is time for him to move on to make way for wingers that are able to provide for a striker like Torres who needs crosses/assists - which was where Kalou failed.

As has already been said, Kalou doesn't have a footballing brain, too all to often he makes the wrong choice, looses the ball and causes us a problem. I for one am not sorry to see him go. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up

As has already been said, Kalou doesn't have a footballing brain, all too often he makes the wrong choice, looses the ball and causes us a problem. I for one am not sorry to see him go. I wish him all the best wherever he ends up

A 28 year old finding the pace he lost at 25?

What next? A Balon D'or for Hilario?

haha! Torres movement and runs are fantastic he doesn't need blistering pace to get away from defenders, Torres is still very quick and once the ball is played through to him not many defenders are able to catch him, he just needs more players on his wavelength and to put the ball through to him early, if he has Hazard and Mata doing that for him next season plus maybe a Modric or Marin then he will certainly score plenty of goals

for me Kalou was a useful player who gave everything! but it got to a point where he just hasn't developed at all really since joining the club, and is getting left behind by lot of other talent in the squad and talent available for us to buy also. He was a decent and useful player to have nothing more nothing less.

To further that point that he is one of our better signings in the last 6 years:

0ac10aec833faf90347396159dadd4a7.png

Look at that 'significantly better than' list. So many players our fans have fallen head over heels with. He's been our equal 10th best signing out of 28.

Taking it even further:

31b6eab34fed7d2bfb8ff2c4c7247d90.png

It only looks better for "Conman Kalou, who conned our club so many times, no one else has ever conned us to that extent". There will come a time when people will come to regret this decision. Perhaps when he knocks us out of a tournament. Or when we need to defend like mad/are facing the best attacking fullback in the world and have no one there to do the job. Or when we need someone to come off the bench and grab a crucial goal. Perhaps a penalty shoot out.

Edit: I forgot to put Alex in, he was signed in 2004. Because he had work permit problems for 3 seasons and disappeared off the face off the planet for a few months every season he falls in the "Slightly better than" category..

I comend your effort, but there is no way you can convince me Kalou was a good signing.

Kalou better than Crespo?! You've got to be kidding :fainthv9::doh:

And whatever we say about Malouda, he had about 18-20 months of pure brilliance, one of the best wingers in the world when on form.

Kalou has been nothing more than a mid-table team player during his entire spell here. This comparison against other players is just ridiculous. Don't know how anyone can say anything more than that he was a totally average player who showed no signs of potentially becoming a quality player.

Yes, pound for pound he has been a better signing than Torres. But to compare the two is a joke. Torres was the best striker in the world at one stage. It was obviously a mistake to sign him but hindsight's a bitch.