Salomon Kalou

We Hate Scouse

You really think he is worse than the likes of Henderson, Spearing, Shelvey, Carroll (though he may prove to be a good player)? I'd argue that he's better than Bellamy, as well.

I have conceded thought that the likes of Suarez, Gerrard, Sigurdsson are better players than him.

Henderson isn't as bad as people say. We all like to make fun but he's is an alright player. Granted, he will never be anything better than... average but he's much better than shit like Downing and Spearing.

And it doesn't take much to be better than the lot you've listed.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henderson isn't as bad as people say. We all like to make fun but he's is an alright player. Granted, he will never be anything better than... average but he's much better than shit like Downing and Spearing.

And it doesn't take much to be better than the lot you've listed.

Precisely, which is why he will improve them and that's something we can't allow to happen.

On an embarassing note:

e68668f0bad0d2f49fb92cc38b50e27f.png

I've been talking to myself :blush:

Precisely, which is why he will improve them and that's something we can't allow to happen.

Well, maybe. But I really don't think Gourlay, Emenalo and co. should be focusing on how much Salomon Kalou would improve an already dreadful side.

And he's on a free... so to restrict him from signing for Liverpool.... we'd have to offer him a new contract and there is no way in hell that we should even consider that (unless it's a 1 year deal which I wouldn't completely oppose as long as Malouda leaves instead but Kalou wouldn't accept a 1 year deal anyway)

I've been discrediting your posts.......... ;)

No you haven't. I'd wager that about 30 of each of our post counts in this thread came from that inexplicable few pages.... which I shall not elaborate on :lol:

I'm just checking his twitter... well, now, now, then, is it on? Can I again dare to dream?

Well, maybe. But I really don't think Gourlay, Emenalo and co. should be focusing on how much Salomon Kalou would improve an already dreadful side.

And he's on a free... so to restrict him from signing for Liverpool.... we'd have to offer him a new contract and there is no way in hell that we should even consider that (unless it's a 1 year deal which I wouldn't completely oppose as long as Malouda leaves instead but Kalou wouldn't accept a 1 year deal anyway)

He's going nowhere!

9ddc6c76a891e8652c60034f45a1af19.png

Kalou is better than Downing...Not by much though. He has his moments but Kalou will never be anything but an Average player. I've said this many times but work rate doesn't make up for being average, especially at a top club. Even Liverpool have let Kuyt go.

Kalou is better than Downing...Not by much though. He has his moments but Kalou will never be anything but an Average player. I've said this many times but work rate doesn't make up for being average, especially at a top club. Even Liverpool have let Kuyt go.

Kuyt's 31 and his best attributes (being his physical ones) are on the wane. Kalou is 26, he has 5 more years before he starts to decline.

Also, 0 goals, 0 assists. Kalou is "not much better" than Downing in the same sense as the Chinese economy is "not much bettter" than the St. Pierre and Miquelon economy.

WHS mostly has it covered, but he also left out that I like him because he's very similar to me. Not a lot of talent and he only got to where he is by putting in a lot of hard work. He's also a very likeable person, I think if more Chelsea fans knew what a nice/funny guy he is he'd be more popular.

I think you have something confused about Kalou, his problem is not lack of talent and far from it. In fact Marco Van Basten, Johan Cruyff, Piet de Visser rated him very highly in his time in Netherlands. His talent also convinced Mourinho in signing him. So you see he is not a player that has lacked talent, in most way he is more athletically gifted then most footballers.

So what is his problem?

Intelligence, simply one of the most underrated traits in a footballer. It is the reason why Kalou career has not progressed. He simply doesn't have the football intelligence to be a good/great player, it's also the reason for so many frustrating moments over the years.

So he doesn't lack talent, he is quite frankly Kalouless. :lol:

I think you have something confused about Kalou, his problem is not lack of talent and far from it. In fact Marco Van Basten, Johan Cruyff, Piet de Visser rated him very highly in his time in Netherlands. His talent also convinced Mourinho in signing him. So you see he is not a player that has lacked talent, in most way he is more athletically gifted then most footballers.

So what is his problem?

Intelligence, simply one of the most underrated traits in a footballer. It is the reason why Kalou career has not progressed. He simply doesn't have the football intelligence to be a good/great player, it's also the reason for so many frustrating moments over the years.

So he doesn't lack talent, he is quite frankly Kalouless. :lol:

I wrote about that:

http://www.talkchelsea.net/ex-blues/_/salomon-kalou-r10

You didn't mention anything about his lack of intelligence, quite frankly i didn't think you read my post maybe the first part.

So why do you keep going on about Kalou lack of talent, instead of the real issue of lack of football brain?