Salomon Kalou

We Hate Scouse

y should we let him go? what is the guarantee that his replacement will be better. for me kalou is an okay squad player who can come up and do the job, whats the point of selling him or letting him go on a free transfer and then buyin some1 like him for 10m. evry move we make should have an eye on ffp

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick comparison between Torres, Shevchenko and Kalou:

If Torres is to be pound-for-pound as successful as Kalou, he must score 360 goals and make 240 assists in his Chelsea career. If Shevchenko was pound-for-pound as successful as Kalou, he needed to have scored 240 goals and made 160 assists for Chelsea. Worst player to have played for us in the modern era? Far from it, and that's without even bringing a certain Winston Bogarde into the issue.

Geez Cap, if this is getting you off your tits, you should have seen how the users talked about Sala during Ancelotti's rein. I think once Sh0n3x in a drunken rage used the 'n' word (it didn't go down to well and Nemanja apologised when he became sobre).

His problem was that he always lacked the end product. Great dribbler, decent passer, good finisher, fantastic penalty taker, pace, work rate; so why can't he capitalise?

The fact is that he just hasn't improved as player at all.

No pace, average dribbler and can't beat his man to save his life.If there is any role I would half-heartedly like to see Kalou fill in Chelsea, is coming off the bench when we need a tap-in goal.(Just like what he used to do under Ancelotti)

Geez Cap, if this is getting you off your tits, you should have seen how the users talked about Sala during Ancelotti's rein. I think once Sh0n3x in a drunken rage used the 'n' word (it didn't go down to well and Nemanja apologised when he became sobre).

His problem was that he always lacked the end product. Great dribbler, decent passer, good finisher, fantastic penalty taker, pace, work rate; so why can't he capitalise?

The fact is that he just hasn't improved as player at all.

I wouldn't say that, he's certainly improved on his passing. The Kalou of 2008 and earlier was not capable of producing those through balls that he has been playing of late. By end product I'm assuming crossing, since he's an erratic but at times excellent through-baller?

The two main things he lacks are consistency and crossing. Consistency, I don't think is an area we can expect to see much improvement in him in future as he's already 26. Crossing, there's always hope, however slim that he spends an entire summer doing nothing but hitting in crosses

Good shout :D

Former Chelsea, Portsmouth and West Ham boss Avram Grant resigns as coach of Serbian league title winners Partizan Belgrade, where he has been since January, for "personal reasons." Vladimir Vermezovic will be the club's new boss. :fainthv9:

I wouldn't say that, he's certainly improved on his passing. The Kalou of 2008 and earlier was not capable of producing those through balls that he has been playing of late. By end product I'm assuming crossing, since he's an erratic but at times excellent through-baller?

The two main things he lacks are consistency and crossing. Consistency, I don't think is an area we can expect to see much improvement in him in future as he's already 26. Crossing, there's always hope, however slim that he spends an entire summer doing nothing but hitting in crosses

Excellent through baller? Surely you jest? I think I've seen him assist off of one through ball.