Salomon Kalou

We Hate Scouse

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No club in the PL was willing to waste a foreigner's spot on him and pay him wages even close to what his pals got him at Chelsea? I'm shocked.

Wonder if his brother/he still holds connections at Feyenoord.

No club in the PL was willing to waste a foreigner's spot on him and pay him wages even close to what his pals got him at Chelsea? I'm shocked.

Wonder if his brother/he still holds connections at Feyenoord.

There are loads of clubs interested in him Kostas, ranging from Juventus and Arsenal down to Besiktas and Liverpool but I think he's starting to feel homesick and wants to go back to Holland.

Unless he gets a contract here, which he has often talked positively about. Also, I'm pretty sure he holds a British passport as he's been here for long enough. I think he had a Dutch passport beforehand anyway.

I'm certain what he meant was if he has to leave here he'll go to his boyhood club, Feyenoord. I don't think he'll be much interested in playing PL football against us, he really seems to have enjoyed his time here regardless of the fact that many managers haven't permitted him to play often and a large section of the fans hate him.

To the rest of the fans, he's somewhere in between a cult hero (probably everyone that doesn't hate him) and idol/role model (me). As I said before, I'm convinced he only meant that he preferred Feyenoord, to say, Spurs, Besiktas, Liverpool, Arsenal, or Juventus, mainly because that club holds a special place in his heart.

I see. That's fair enough.

Hope he does get a chance to play at his old club. Chelsea and feyenoord must mean a lot to him.

Don't think we'll see many Mourinho players stay in the prem (if any).

That's an interesting point. Who's left of Jose's signings?

Essien, Kalouda, Cole, Drogba, Hilario, Ferreira are all I can think of offhand. And all but Essien and Cole look likely to leave this summer, and even Essien's not a certainty to stay.

There are loads of clubs interested in him Kostas, ranging from Juventus and Arsenal down to Besiktas and Liverpool but I think he's starting to feel homesick and wants to go back to Holland.

Not to sound offensive but that's bollocks.

He's been playing in the PL long enough for all professional clubs to know his quality. On top of that his wages are closer to what the first striker of most PL clubs gets rather than the sub he could at the very best hope to be.

Most of the transfer stories regarding him are laughable. It's most likely his manager trying to create an image that would help him in any ongoing negotiations or a poor journo who got his hands on the list of Chelsea players whose contract expires and is forced to come up with something on Kalou because his editor has given the story about the true Ivory Coast footballer to a more experienced hack.

I frankly can't believe anyone could buy that Wenger's Arsenal would ever be interested in him, he's absolutely nothing like a Wenger player. The only clubs which is less likely to get him that Arsenal is Everton and afaik he's been linked with them too.

Mind elaborating on how he's a role model/idol? Apart from the self serving little talent+lot of effort what else could there possibly be?

Mind elaborating on how he's a role model/idol? Apart from the self serving little talent+lot of effort what else could there possibly be?

Fair enough, and you're exactly correct with why I see him as a role model. He's a footballing version of me.

Fair enough, and you're exactly correct with why I see him as a role model. He's a footballing version of me.

Cap, I need to make a Kalou sig for you :D

Sad that Kalou will probably leave. Been always a fan of him as he played with heart and effort which sometimes is more important than talent. He'll never be forgotten for his cross to Riise!

THAT'S WHY WE LOVE SALOMON KALOU!

Yeah, thats right, for all the disparaging comments on him in here, you forget that he has scored vital goals for us. Deserves better than a "fuck you and if we see you in the next billion years it'll be too soon".

Unlike the majority of our players he tries his very best every single game, even if he's just brought on in stoppage time. He doesn't sulk, he doesn't continually complain about being played out of position, he doesn't publically question the manager's tactics, he doesn't get involved in backroom politics or involved in any of the unsavoury activities our better players get up to both on and off the pitch, and yet he is loathed and called things like a cheater and a con artist. The way he conducted himself through the AVB 'era' where he was frozen out purely because he didn't like the contract he was offered was exemplary, the only player in our squad other than him that I can imagine shutting up and getting on with it no matter what happens off the field would be Paulo Ferreira. Look at what Lampard, Essien, Cole, Malouda did- tantrums, played rubbish- better players but as men not fit to hold a candle to him. It's no miracle to see why some of our squad have lifted their game, its not because Di Matteo is a magician, its just that they are a bunch of toddlers who just wanted to get rid of the mean nanny who didn't let them throw the toys out of their pram. Now he's gone they are more than happy to play as they did before. And yet those overpaid primadonna's are exalted by people just because they happen to, when they give a fuck, play better than him; or as in the case of Essien, are living off past glories.

He may not have been the best player we've had on our books, but its quite shocking to see him foot the blame for a lot of things when we've had 50 and 30 million pound players perform half as well as he has done. For 8 million pounds we've received a fair return, better than anything Torres is likely to come up with and yet we all, myself included, have orgasms whenever Torres scores one goal or gets one assist. How fair is that?

]

Yeah, thats right, for all the disparaging comments on him in here, you forget that he has scored vital goals for us. Deserves better than a "fuck you and if we see you in the next billion years it'll be too soon".

Unlike the vast majority of our players he tries his very best every single game, even if he's just brought on in stoppage time. He doesn't sulk, he doesn't get involved in backroom politics or involved in any of the unsavoury activities our better players get up to both on and off the pitch, he and yet he is loathed and called things like a cheater and a con artist. The way he conducted himself through the AVB 'era' where he was frozen out purely because he didn't like the contract he was offered was exemplary, the only player in our squad other than him that I can imagine shutting up and getting on with it no matter what happens off the field would be Paulo Ferreira. Look at what Lampard, Essien, Cole, Malouda did- tantrums, played rubbish- better players but as men not fit to hold a candle to him. It's no miracle to see why some of our squad have lifted their game, its not because Di Matteo is a magician, its just that they are a bunch of toddlers who just wanted to get rid of the mean nanny who didn't let them throw the toys out of their pram. Now he's gone they are more than happy to play as they did before. And yet those overpaid primadonna's are exalted by people just because they happen to, when they give a fuck, play better than him; or as in the case of Essien, are living off past glories.

He may not have been the best player we've had on our books, but its quite shocking to see him foot the blame for a lot of things when we've had 50 and 30 million pound players perform half as well as he has done. For 8 million pounds we've received a fair return, better than anything Torres is likely to come up with and yet we all, myself included, have orgasms whenever Torres scores one goal or gets one assist. How fair is that?

Completely agree. Maybe Kalou could teach Sturridge about teamwork, giving 100% every time he's on the pitch.

And before the anti-Kalou brigade come steaming in with "he's rubbish and he always has been", that post wasn't to defend him as a player. That post was to defend him as a boy who pulled on the Chelsea shirt with complete dedication every single time. No more, no less. At least give him some respect and even a choked thank you will be enough.