Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Nathan Aké

James
Followers 2

On ‎21‎/‎05‎/‎2016 at 0:13 PM, Spike said:

Have faith and optimism, friend. Don't let pessimism win, only when the day comes should you worry about it. Surely, the folks in charge are blind to a young man being voted 'Watford's player of the season'?

He has done well there but he was the only contender to be in chance of winning their young players of the year. Majority of their players are experienced apart from him.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nice picture I found

Nathan Aké on playing LB in recent games - "It's a little different than CB or DM but if you get a chance as LB in Chelsea First Team you shouldn't whine" (via FOX) good attitude that.

Bow down to the almighty Egalitarian.

Posted Images

Indeed a strange move club wise, but he'll be under an excellent young coach at Bournemouth so you can see the thinking.

• Like 1

watch tyrone mings come back from injury, and keep ake on the bench, not because he is better, but because he belongs to them.. braindead decision. there is alot to be said for continuity in a young guys career....

• Like 2

Thought he Lewis Baker+Christensen were our best loaness last season season out of the 30000000 and home grown too! Imho he was ready this season for a shot at CFC ffs and flexible in what positions he can play also. No disrespect to BFC its not much of a step up from last season. I'm getting bored with the board!

• Like 1

I just hope he's going to have another good season. If he even goes through a mediocre one, he's done here I think, and we'll have only ourselves to blame, as this was the right moment to make him a squad player and make him play with some regularity. Shame, a real shame. An opportunity wasted.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

New season, same shit.

Didn't he get player of the year at Watford as well...

He's got no chance of making it here now. Shame, I rate him

Gomes won POTY. Ake won the YPOTY but tbh was the only contender.

But yeah, he did have a very good loan but I knew there was no way he was going to be trusted to be no.1 LB at the club.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Stats said:

But yeah, he did have a very good loan but I knew there was no way he was going to be trusted to be no.1 LB at the club.

He didn't have to be first choice Lb, he's not ready for that at Chelsea. He would make a very solid back up option and a fine utility player as well, and it would be about time we integrate these youth players ffs.

• Like 1

I personally think we warranted a chance at least, but the likelihood of Conte using 3-5-2 has increased with this decision.