Marouane Fellaini

Atholy
Followers 1

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British media is horrible, that's why.

They get a lot of things wrong, but they are normally the first to report something happening in the PL... literally no paper is reporting it..

You forget the British Media first reported our interest in Oscar, the Brazilian media followed, same with Hazard (although we took it as a pinch of salt until the french paper released the details of the move), Van Persie to united... i can keep on going.

They get a lot of things wrong, but they are normally the first to report something happening in the PL... literally no paper is reporting it..

You forget the British Media first reported our interest in Oscar, the Brazilian media followed, same with Hazard (although we took it as a pinch of salt until the french paper released the details of the move), Van Persie to united... i can keep on going.

But then british media also reported how we had got falcao, neymar, modric, can name another 20 players if need be.... They generally report everything so they generally will get something right through a law of averages, but it is weird there isn't a story from them yet as the first sign of anything and they will write it up. If Fellaini was once in the same room with a chelsea steward they would say we are in talks.

Outstanding? i have rarely ever seen anyone describe him as that when he played in the position. And if he really was outstanding then surely the 20m+ Everton would've wanted wouldn't be a problem and some club would have gotten him.

Marouane Fellaini is definitely one of the better midfielders in the world. His power, grit, aerial ability, goal scoring and ball winning is precisely what Chelsea need in the midfield particularly if we're going with the nippy little inventive players. Personally I feel he presents us with so many options tactically that it would be extremely hard for teams to prepare for us. We could go with Mikel and Luiz holding with Hazard, Fellaini and Moses for games where power is most needed for instance. Oscar, Fellaini holding and Hazard, Mata and Moses/Marin when we need more inventiveness.... This is just off the top of my head but Fellaini is much, much more than a DM, what he provides to a team is less about position and more about presence.

If we had a deep midfield maestro like Pirlo or Xabi as we don't have, Fellaini beside him would be a good option. Now, it wouldn't be the best piece of business because Everton won't sell for cheap. Still, I won't object if we do bring him because I've always rated him, and with Mikel going on AFCON, Romeu being injured and Lamps looking to leave, having Marouane wouldn't be that bad for the sake of squad depth.

He is PL proven and 25. Tough as a rock, great aerial ability and before moved forward, one of the best DMs in the league. Wouldn't be a bad transfer really.

Still I would rather have someone more technically gifted with better passing who can also do a good job in defending.

There aren't really any of those types available for a reasonable fee. And what also needs to be considered is we do have people coming though the ranks who could very well be that Pirlo, Xabi type... McEachran and Oscar, perhaps DeBruyne?

Think about what we could do from set pieces with Terry, Ivanovic, Cahill, Luiz, Ba and Fellaini all potentially attacking headers at once? that could be very dangerous!

To be fair, l'Equipe is probably the single best sports news source out there. Usually very reliable.

(Roughly - my French is a bit shitty) translates as:

With Frank Lampard certain to leave, Chelsea are looking for a new midfielder, and it could be Marouane Fellaini. The 25 year-old Belgian international is expected to sign for five years with the European Champions before the end of the week. The player will earn Everton €27 million, and he will be paid €5 million a year himself. Yet Manchester United are thought to be in a position to match the Blues' offer.

Doesn't seem like it's a done deal then.

Euhm no. You pick a formation based on the players you have and the way you want to play then you analyse your team and look at what the team needs.

You just don't go around buying players who don't fit into your formation.

Spoken like a true FM player. :P

I agree though

Apparently Russ Wiseman of ESPN is reporting that Fellaini and Falcao will become Chelsea players soon.

Too good to be true, but if it happens i'll jump for joy and hope to not get stuck

No way we can afford Fellaini and Falcao this window. Impossible. Only way we can even afford one is if someone pays 30M for nando

Are you questioning Roman, he is loaded as hell.

Everytime I get into TC there a lot of people reading this topic, then I get excited. But when I open it, I realize that there is nothing happening. It seems Ba will be the only player arriving in january.

Everytime I get into TC there a lot of people reading this topic, then I get excited. But when I open it, I realize that there is nothing happening. It seems Ba will be the only player arriving in january.

Let's hope not. We need a CM (Benat, Marouane, kdb back) and a ST for this season (Torres is not even a squad player in my view) and Ba can't play it all.

Idle hope I guess...