Spike

You think I'm missing the point? You've ignored my point about being associated with FN like 4 times now, I don't see why I wouldn't ignore your Middle-East stories or your examples about how people or beliefs can be perceived differently depending where you live. You're obviously gonna write back to me in a couple of hours with another page of random stuff, instead of saying how you feel about his affiliation with Front National.

And don't act as if it's laughable to compare a muslim to a nazi, or to associate them. Even back then in the 40ies Hitler regularly met with a Grand Mufti. Today a lot of muslims are denying the holocaust. Most Muslims I know are anti-semetic to the bone.

:doh:

Smh...I don't know who has been scaring you so much but you really need to think about this. Just seriously sit down and logically think about this.

:doh:

Smh...I don't know who has been scaring you so much but you really need to think about this. Just seriously sit down and logically think about this.

Are you denying a lot of muslims have anti-semetic sentiments? :doh:

Failed to comment on FN for about the 5th time now, I give up son.

Are you denying a lot of muslims have anti-semetic sentiments? :doh:

Failed to comment on FN for about the 5th time now, I give up son.

No I'm saying that your comments show serious lack of knowledge about Islam, Nazism, Zionism, the difference between it and Judaism, and how politics generally work.

I suggest you read up on the Islamic ideology and Nazism and its principles before you make ill-informed accusations.

EDIT: And yes, Muslims have have anti-Zionists beliefs not anti-Semitic and that is because of the Palestinian cause. In fact, historically, Jews and Muslims have always had very good relations, certainly better than the relations between Judaism and the Church. Islam and Judaism have A LOT in common.

Stick to the Footy.

That's what Anelka should do.

Cringe worthy thread, really. Politics and sports don't mix in my account.

That's why its in the General Chat bit. Obviously

Obviously. Wait till it spreads like it already has in the Anelka thread. If it is just political talk ok. If you have Israelites or Jewish members talking about Nazi symbolics, contemporal gestures and Muslims are put into the mix with a slice of todays middle east geopolitical situation while some righties babble about left bourgeous without a clue about the Front National connection in casu, adding a (anglosaxon) political correctness insult on an international forum, what do you think happens? A sour milkshake conflated with misconceptions adding nothing to clarify the debate.

Peace.

No I'm saying that your comments show serious lack of knowledge about Islam, Nazism, Zionism, the difference between it and Judaism, and how politics generally work.

I suggest you read up on the Islamic ideology and Nazism and its principles before you make ill-informed accusations.

EDIT: And yes, Muslims have have anti-Zionists beliefs not anti-Semitic and that is because of the Palestinian cause. In fact, historically, Jews and Muslims have always had very good relations, certainly better than the relations between Judaism and the Church. Islam and Judaism have A LOT in common.

Come on 19,

however you call it, this world is full of haters. Haters are among Muslims, Christians,Jews...

The bottom line: One should not be punished because he shows a sign, salutes anything.

Obviously. Wait till it spreads like it already has in the Anelka thread. If it is just political talk ok. If you have Israelites or Jewish members talking about Nazi symbolics, contemporal gestures and Muslims are put into the mix with a slice of todays middle east geopolitical situation while some righties babble about left bourgeous without a clue about the Front National connection in casu, adding a (anglosaxon) political correctness insult on an international forum, what do you think happens? A sour milkshake conflated with misconceptions adding nothing to clarify the debate.

Peace.

Well if people want to talk about politics its not for you to say that they shouldn't.

Peace.

Well if people want to talk about politics its not for you to say that they shouldn't.

I didn't mate. I said : in MY account. Reread it. It was an opinion, is that allowed?

You're so full of yourself it's unbelievable. If you think I'm some pro-USA sheep oblivious to the astrocities commited by them, or by Israel you're completely mistaken. I'm not claiming to be an expert but don't go all professor on me.

Accusations btw? Are you a muslim? That would explain a lot.

I didn't mate. I said : in MY account. Reread it. It was an opinion, is that allowed?

Fine its just you said it was a 'cringe worthy thread.' I don't see how it is. If the opinion fits with mine, i'll consider it ;)

And if the opinion does not fit yours? :lol:

You're so full of yourself it's unbelievable. If you think I'm some pro-USA sheep oblivious to the astrocities commited by them, or by Israel you're completely mistaken. I'm not claiming to be an expert but don't go all professor on me.

Accusations btw? Are you a muslim? That would explain a lot.

No I don't think you're "some pro-USA sheep" nor did I imply that I did. I just think that you don't know what you're talking about which is not something to be ashamed of at all. I was not trying to sound arrogant (although I admit that's probably how I came across). I seriously think that you should read up on Islamic ideology and the principles of Nazism. Because the suggestion that Islam is similar to Nazism is beyond wrong, it just laughable.

No, I'm not a Muslim, but I live in a country where about half the population is, so I know a lot about Islam. And because of Lebanon's geography, I also know a lot about Zionism, Judaism and the HUGE difference between them.

And if the opinion does not fit yours? :lol:

Going to have to request you keep it to yourself mate. Its for the greater good. :lol:

Cognitive dissonance reduction at its best. Accept what you already believe, discount what differs. Precisely why I found this thread (the last pages) cringeworthy: it is not a debate, but a repitition of fixed standpoints and slating of others (eg. Lefty bourgeous or whatever you called them)

:Goober:

No I don't think you're "some pro-USA sheep" nor did I imply that I did. I just think that you don't know what you're talking about which is not something to be ashamed of at all. I was not trying to sound arrogant (although I admit that's probably how I came across). I seriously think that you should read up on Islamic ideology and the principles of Nazism. Because the suggestion that Islam is similar to Nazism is beyond wrong, it just laughable.

No, I'm not a Muslim, but I live in a country where about half the population is, so I know a lot about Islam. And because of Lebanon's geography, I also know a lot about Zionism, Judaism and the HUGE difference between them.

That's the thing though I'm not comparing Nazism and Islam, that would be ridiculous. That doesn't mean that both Nazis and Muslims can't have the same sentiments towards jews.

When I went to school mate, in history class our Maroccan classmates often left the classroom when we were being taught about WW2 and the holocaust, simply denying it. It was merely a remark on your comment that comparing nazis and muslims on their view on jews is laughable. Ofcourse the ideologies can't be compared, nazism isn't even a religion.

By now you should understand I'm against all forms of hate and intolerance, be it hatred towards jews, hatred toward muslims or hatred toward western society.

With all due respect, the many salafists in my coutry trying to spread the sharia, publicly denouncing democracy, calling western woman whores on the street isn't exactly helping people's views on muslims, even though they're salafists, not real Muslims, but the majority of the population don't see the difference.

Cognitive dissonance reduction at its best. Accept what you already believe, discount what differs. Precisely why I found this thread (the last pages) cringeworthy: it is not a debate, but a repitition of fixed standpoints and slating of others (eg. Lefty bourgeous or whatever you called them)

:Goober:

Therefore, to end it, we all need to heil now ? :clown: