Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Spike
 Share
Followers 5

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In Australia (I imagine NZ is very similar) taxes pay for medicare, pension, welfare, infrastructure support (roads, bridges) student loans, disability support, residential aged care, university fundi

When a government wants to control its population, the best way to do so is to fear its people by creating an external enemy. This way, people feel endangered by an outside menace, become more patriot

He did not know that this gesture was anti-semitic because it is NOT anti-semitic. There's nothing to add — except that you people should start thinking by yourself instead of believing words coming f

Posted Images

 

Having worked with Norse and Elder Futhark iconography for years, I’m quite alert to the glyph shapes and their associations in the modern world and history. So, why is the #CPAC2021 stage an Odal rune, and specifically one with serifs (or wings) that was used by the SS?

Image

 

Cf33137_960_Ja-vi-elsker-frihet_MINUS-FEM_Utstillingsfil_symboler_%28Lill-Ann_Chepstow-Lusty%2C_Kulturhistorisk_museum_2014%2C_UiO_-_CC_BY-SA_4.0%29.jpg

Flag with ODAL (with 'feet' ) for " volksdeutsche " in Croatia and th. SS -volunteers roller division Aigner until 1945. The design mimics swastika flag in Nazi Germany .

1280px-Flag_of_Volksdeutsche_in_Croatia.svg.png

 

800px-7th_SS_Division_Logo.svg.png

Edited by Vesper
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not quite sure why the $15 dollar minimum wage is such a fuss when the cost of living in states has increased 10x since the year 2000 when wages/salaries only increased 2x. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/02/2021 at 22:55, Vesper said:

This is a cult

 

looked like an SNL skit for a second there.... then it quickly went from (sort of) funny to really sad.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

British nuclear arsenal to be increased by 40%, BJ announced.
It makes me curious though as to how this is to be used, if ever.
Extreme threat from an enemy might be the answer. Ok, sounds logical, but I never understood how a nuke war might actually work.

Consider the last war.
The biggest operation was D-day. On the 6th of June 1944 the allies launched a surprise attack against the German defenses in Normandy. The objective was to secure the four beaches and then proceed inland. The operation was a success, partly because Adolph Hitler was asleep on the crucial morning.
But what if Hitler possessed nukes ? A single bomb would be sufficient ot wipe out the entire invasion fleet and there would be no Normandy invasion. By the same token, for the allies too it would n't make sense to embark on the operation at all.
What about Stalingrad and the operation blau in 1942 ? The Germans were held for four months outside the city of Stalingrad and in the end they were encircled and defeated when the Soviet reinforcements arrived. In this case if nukes existed they might have settled the argument much quicker one way or the other.

In modern warfare it is considered of vital importance to secure the axis Saxony-Westfalia in Germany. In this case if we are the Warsaw pact or Putin and succeed in doing this, we have NATO on the run.
But again is that so ? NATO will use neutron bombs and wipe out the Russians from that place.
Then the Russians will respond in kind and hit London-Birmingham-Paris-Rome and NATO will retaliate against Moscow and so on and so forth.
So therefore, I don't see how those all important land battles of the last wars will be restaged and give victory to one side or the other.
We won't see the likes of Normandy-Stalingrad-Bagration-Anzio-Ardennes and all the rest. How ?

If we look at all this as pacifists then it's terrible, it should n't happen.
But if we look at it as militarists, it begs the question who wins and how in a nuclear war ?

I don't know if the military has an answer and what that answer might be. But I do know that in world wars I and II the militaries were fooled
into thinking in terms of the older wars and many strategic mistakes were committed - e.g. the fall of France in 1940. The techological advances and their consequences were disregarded on many occasions with dire results.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/03/2021 at 15:22, Fulham Broadway said:

This seems like a good news source - it is created by the public using multiple news sources and things like google earth to bring true reporting

News - bellingcat

be very careful with Bellingcat

they sold absolutely bogus bills of goods at times with multiple lies about Syria and Libya in an effort to ramp up war in both theatres

I trust Higgins as far as I could toss him

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vesper said:

be very careful with Bellingcat

they sold absolutely bogus bills of goods at times with multiple lies about Syria and Libya in an effort to ramp up war in both theatres

I trust Higgins as far as I could toss him

Ah ok - often look for alternative news sources as the MSM is constant fear and scaremongering

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Ah ok - often look for alternative news sources as the MSM is constant fear and scaremongering

to find reliable info on geo-political events is a nightmare  ☹️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

A sickening crime commited in Rochester New York, would have been national and international news if the killers and the victim were different. Protests, riots and speeches from Biden and Johnston would have followed. But yet again, something like this has  been completely covered up by the the   and social media.

The USA is no more! The divide between this Left and everyone who isn't one of them is now so wide it can't ever fixed.

The only sensible and peaceful way of moving forward is to split the country into Democrat  and Republican regions and let them go their own way. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

should be fun for folks who took those claims seriously:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/22/politics/sidney-powell-dominion-lawsuit-election-fraud/index.html

Right-wing lawyer Sidney Powell is claiming in a new court filing that reasonable people wouldn't have believed as fact her assertions of fraud after the 2020 presidential election.

The election infrastructure company Dominion Voting Systems sued Powell for defamation after she pushed lawsuits and made appearances in conservative media on behalf of then-President Donald Trump to sow doubt about the 2020 election results. Dominion claims that Powell knew her election fraud accusations were false and hurtful to the company.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was looking at the Alexandrov choir videos in youtube, because they sing some Greek songs.
Then I noticed one about the annexation of Crimea by Putin, in praise of the annexation obviously.
I clicked on it and youtube asked for age verification with an id card !
I don't have my id's scan stored in this computer so I did n't do it.
But what the hack ? What is the story behind this ?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The sunlit uplands you ordered...

Belfast is Burning.
Because of COURSE IT IS.
Edited by Vesper
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
THE HIGHLIGHTS
 

A new report is shedding light on the 1994 Rwanda genocide. 

 

THE BACKGROUND. 

Most Rwandans - about 85 percent - are Hutus, but for a while, the Tutsi minority was the ruling power. Untilllll 1959, when the Hutus overthrew the Tutsi monarchy, causing a group of Tutsis to form a rebel group and try to take back control. Four years later, both sides shook hands on a peace deal. But peace was pretty much thrown out the window a year after that, when a plane carrying the prez and his counterpart - both Hutus - was shot down, killing everyone on board. Hutu extremists pointed fingers at Tutsi rebels...and planned a genocide as revenge. In just 100 days, 800,000 Tutsis and other political opponents were brutally murdered

 

THE HAPPENINGS. 

Throughout this whole thing, France had very very close ties to the Hutu gov and even sent troops to Rwanda. That prompted France to release a report last month basically saying that while they totally remained allied with the “racist, corrupt, and violent” Hutu leadership, they weren’t at all complicit in the genocide itself. Scratch that, because yesterday, a report commissioned by the current Rwandan gov declared that France enabled the killings. 

 

THE DEETS. 

More specifically: France “armed, advised, trained, equipped, and protected” the Rwandan gov during the genocide. Then tried to cover up its involvement. All of this was just to advance its own influence and interests in the country. 

 

THE TAKE. 

The report directly links France to one of the world’s worst genocides. TBD. 

  • Shocked 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

When Western countries take sides or try and do something they get lambasted.

When Western countries don't take action they lambasted for not taking action.

Hmmm.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/04/2021 at 17:01, Vesper said:
THE HIGHLIGHTS
 

A new report is shedding light on the 1994 Rwanda genocide. 

 

THE BACKGROUND. 

Most Rwandans - about 85 percent - are Hutus, but for a while, the Tutsi minority was the ruling power. Untilllll 1959, when the Hutus overthrew the Tutsi monarchy, causing a group of Tutsis to form a rebel group and try to take back control. Four years later, both sides shook hands on a peace deal. But peace was pretty much thrown out the window a year after that, when a plane carrying the prez and his counterpart - both Hutus - was shot down, killing everyone on board. Hutu extremists pointed fingers at Tutsi rebels...and planned a genocide as revenge. In just 100 days, 800,000 Tutsis and other political opponents were brutally murdered

 

THE HAPPENINGS. 

Throughout this whole thing, France had very very close ties to the Hutu gov and even sent troops to Rwanda. That prompted France to release a report last month basically saying that while they totally remained allied with the “racist, corrupt, and violent” Hutu leadership, they weren’t at all complicit in the genocide itself. Scratch that, because yesterday, a report commissioned by the current Rwandan gov declared that France enabled the killings. 

 

THE DEETS. 

More specifically: France “armed, advised, trained, equipped, and protected” the Rwandan gov during the genocide. Then tried to cover up its involvement. All of this was just to advance its own influence and interests in the country. 

 

THE TAKE. 

The report directly links France to one of the world’s worst genocides. TBD. 

I remember studying about this many years ago at University -and the role of radio broadcasts in dehumanising. The propaganda slowly built up and in the end the broadcasts were referring to Tutsis as rats, insects etc. This is common in all massacres/genocides the dehumanising of opponents into sub human entities.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...